Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

20 minutes ago, Chopper said:

A monarchist, paleo-magatard from Kansas has figured out a new cybertruck flex

image.thumb.png.857c61795fb30a59ff7ffec6a2a6f06c.png

image.thumb.png.7d59663b86725258e5f2cc89aafecafe.png

I mean, that's more expensive than a "I've never been laid by pussy I didn't pay for" bumper sticker, but how one sends a message is a matter of personal choice and expression, so I won't judge.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

CNBC with a headline story that Tesla had a $500m order of AI chips from NVIDIA, and Elon personally decided to have them rerouted to Twitter. Delays Tesla's receipt of another order by months at least.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/06/04/elon-musk-told-nvidia-to-ship-ai-chips-reserved-for-tesla-to-x-xai.html

This is why you don't let your CEO run other companies. He decides the priorities between the companies to his own benefit.

This is either Mosk trying to threaten Tesla stockholders by showing what could happen if they don't give him 25% voting control and however many billions of dollars he's demanding. But to reach that conclusion you'd have to assume Mosk foresaw the news about the NVIDIA chips leaking to the media this week. The leak came from within NVIDIA so that assumption seems questionable.

The other option is he's concluded Tesla isn't worth his time anymore because he knows he's going to lose the vote. The bitch is taking his toys and going home.

Edited by Chopper
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I mean, that's more expensive than a "I've never been laid by pussy I didn't pay for" bumper sticker, but how one sends a message is a matter of personal choice and expression, so I won't judge.

I mean, who has? Granted the method/cost/denomination vary greatly, but it is undefeated. I won't say free has never happened... but there is still some sort of cost.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

I shutter to think of the consequences of that much fine flesh in proximity to the CyberEdges® and the CyberFrunk® CyberSlicer® features.

Which reminds me, when does Elon release the CyberChainMail® fix, so owners can properly protect their fingers/appendages?

Edited by gofuckyourself
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ted Lange said:

image.thumb.png.a373705d690b5177c11e6c792ff6aba0.png

I posted the NYtimes article about this in the enshittening thread. As much as I hate Elon, that’s the n the internet sucking. 

I mean - fuck that guy for giving an indigenous tribe Starlink. The shithead. 

21 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Saw a Lucid today. I don’t know anything about it but it looks like it fucks.

Saw my first Cybertruck in the wild today; rural town of about 3000 people.  It looked as out of place as you can imagine it would.  Damned thing is out of place everywhere, but in a town that has no stoplights?  It looks like a fucking joke.

And this:

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2024-06-04/musk-chose-who-got-chips?srnd=undefined

If you are the chief executive officer and controlling shareholder of two different companies, each with different minority shareholders and employees, and they both use the same essential scarce inputs, and the sole supplier of those inputs calls you up and says “we are backed up and can only meet the needs of one of your companies, which one should get the inputs and which should go without,” what should you do?

The extremely obvious answer is that you should not be the CEO and controlling shareholder of two different companies that compete for the same inputs! There is not a good answer! You can’t, like, put this problem into the Good Governance Machine and have it come out clean. The problem is that you have a fiduciary obligation to the shareholders of one company to put their interests first, and you have a fiduciary obligation to the shareholders of the other company to put their interests first, and you cannot do both. This is why one person is not usually the CEO of two different companies that compete with each other, and, when someone is, people get mad at him all the time.

Elon Musk is the CEO and controlling shareholder of like six different companies,1 many of which are to varying degrees in the artificial intelligence business, so of course everyone is mad at him all the time. CNBC reports today:

Elon Musk claims he can grow Tesla into “a leader in AI & robotics,” an ambition that he’s said will require a lot of pricey processors from Nvidia to build up its infrastructure.

On Tesla’s first-quarter earnings call in April, Musk said the electric vehicle company will increase the number of active H100s — Nvidia’s flagship artificial intelligence chip — from 35,000 to 85,000 by the end of this year. He also wrote in a post on X a few days later that Tesla would spend $10 billion this year “in combined training and inference AI.

Spoiler

But emails written by Nvidia senior staff and widely shared inside the company suggest that Musk presented an exaggerated picture of Tesla’s procurement to shareholders. Correspondence from Nvidia staffers also indicates that Musk diverted a sizable shipment of AI processors that had been reserved for Tesla to his social media company X, formerly known as Twitter.

Tesla shares slipped as much as 1% on the news Tuesday morning.

By ordering Nvidia to let privately held X jump the line ahead of Tesla, Musk pushed back the automaker’s receipt of more than $500 million in graphics processing units, or GPUs, by months, likely adding to delays in setting up the supercomputers Tesla says it needs to develop autonomous vehicles and humanoid robots.

I love the timing here: Musk is asking Tesla’s shareholders to vote, next week, to approve an 11-figure compensation package for him for all the good work he has done running Tesla.

Do you think this story helps him or hurts him? Like, on the one hand, if I were a Tesla shareholder, I might be kind of mad about this, and be less inclined to give him his money.

On the other hand, the more or less explicit rationale for giving him the money is “if you don’t give him the money, he’s going to focus less on Tesla and prioritize his other companies instead.” I suppose that, last week, Tesla shareholders might have found that threat somewhat vague: How much damage could he really do by spending a bit less time on Tesla? Might his attention be bad for Tesla, a mature car company, at this point? Might it do better with less inspired but more normal management? And now the threat is a bit more concrete: It’s “say goodbye to your AI chips if Musk loses interest.”

By the way, I’m sure someone has some ideas for the Good Governance Machine that could make this work. Like: You set up a special committee of independent Tesla directors, you set up a special committee of independent X directors,2 the two committees get in a room together with Musk, he says “hey there are this many chips, you guys work out who gets them,” he leaves, the committees each meet and figure out how much they want the chips, then they negotiate and cut a deal (whoever wants them more pays the other company for priority,3 or they share, or Tesla gets the chips in exchange for training X’s large language models on parked Teslas, or whatever), and then they go back to Musk with the deal and he approves whatever they come up with. There is a widespread sense that you can wash any sort of governance problem through special committees, though people tend to believe that less about Elon Musk companies.

Also this process sort of doesn’t make sense here, or with Elon Musk generally. He’s a hard-charging visionary entrepreneur! His thing is making bold decisions about what to prioritize! Here, he has decided that his website for complaining on the internet needs artificial intelligence capabilities more urgently than his self-driving car company does.4 He’s not going to delegate a momentous decision like that to a committee of independent directors; that’s the sort of decisive action under real-world constraints that people want to put in the hands of Elon Musk. It’s just that he’s not deciding between two projects or divisions at one company, where everyone benefits from his decision. He’s deciding between two companies, and one of them will lose out.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Saw my first Cybertruck in the wild today; rural town of about 3000 people.  It looked as out of place as you can imagine it would.  Damned thing is out of place everywhere, but in a town that has no stoplights?  It looks like a fucking joke.

And this:

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2024-06-04/musk-chose-who-got-chips?srnd=undefined

Hide contents

But emails written by Nvidia senior staff and widely shared inside the company suggest that Musk presented an exaggerated picture of Tesla’s procurement to shareholders. Correspondence from Nvidia staffers also indicates that Musk diverted a sizable shipment of AI processors that had been reserved for Tesla to his social media company X, formerly known as Twitter.

Tesla shares slipped as much as 1% on the news Tuesday morning.

By ordering Nvidia to let privately held X jump the line ahead of Tesla, Musk pushed back the automaker’s receipt of more than $500 million in graphics processing units, or GPUs, by months, likely adding to delays in setting up the supercomputers Tesla says it needs to develop autonomous vehicles and humanoid robots.

I love the timing here: Musk is asking Tesla’s shareholders to vote, next week, to approve an 11-figure compensation package for him for all the good work he has done running Tesla.

Do you think this story helps him or hurts him? Like, on the one hand, if I were a Tesla shareholder, I might be kind of mad about this, and be less inclined to give him his money.

On the other hand, the more or less explicit rationale for giving him the money is “if you don’t give him the money, he’s going to focus less on Tesla and prioritize his other companies instead.” I suppose that, last week, Tesla shareholders might have found that threat somewhat vague: How much damage could he really do by spending a bit less time on Tesla? Might his attention be bad for Tesla, a mature car company, at this point? Might it do better with less inspired but more normal management? And now the threat is a bit more concrete: It’s “say goodbye to your AI chips if Musk loses interest.”

By the way, I’m sure someone has some ideas for the Good Governance Machine that could make this work. Like: You set up a special committee of independent Tesla directors, you set up a special committee of independent X directors,2 the two committees get in a room together with Musk, he says “hey there are this many chips, you guys work out who gets them,” he leaves, the committees each meet and figure out how much they want the chips, then they negotiate and cut a deal (whoever wants them more pays the other company for priority,3 or they share, or Tesla gets the chips in exchange for training X’s large language models on parked Teslas, or whatever), and then they go back to Musk with the deal and he approves whatever they come up with. There is a widespread sense that you can wash any sort of governance problem through special committees, though people tend to believe that less about Elon Musk companies.

Also this process sort of doesn’t make sense here, or with Elon Musk generally. He’s a hard-charging visionary entrepreneur! His thing is making bold decisions about what to prioritize! Here, he has decided that his website for complaining on the internet needs artificial intelligence capabilities more urgently than his self-driving car company does.4 He’s not going to delegate a momentous decision like that to a committee of independent directors; that’s the sort of decisive action under real-world constraints that people want to put in the hands of Elon Musk. It’s just that he’s not deciding between two projects or divisions at one company, where everyone benefits from his decision. He’s deciding between two companies, and one of them will lose out.

Weird. It's crazy how he is trying to convert Tesla and Twitter into AI companies (as rivals?) this late in the game. Google and Microsoft have already invested a shit ton more in the A.I. race and have been able to leverage their cloud to monetize their development of A.I. Meta has also heavily invested but like Tesla/Twitter doesn't have a clear path for generating revenue off of A.I. unlike Google and Microsoft.

Meanwhile at Nvidia HQ.

snoopdog-snoop.gif

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

When they talk about the NVIDIA stuff being diverted to Twitter, what they mean is X.com, which is actually a lot of Elmo’s project, and because it’s private, it only benefits him and there’s no telling what they are for.

If I was a Tesla shareholder, I’d be pissed.  He is screwing with the future of Tesla, a publicly-held company, in favor of his privately-owned company -x.com.  Seems like it would be easy for shareholders to act on this.  With that said, this maybe a sign that he sees his future at Tesla being of a more limited nature.

16 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

When they talk about the NVIDIA stuff being diverted to Twitter, what they mean is X.com, which is actually a lot of Elmo’s project, and because it’s private, it only benefits him and there’s no telling what they are for.

If I was a Tesla shareholder, I’d be pissed.  He is screwing with the future of Tesla, a publicly-held company, in favor of his privately-owned company -x.com.  Seems like it would be easy for shareholders to act on this.  With that said, this maybe a sign that he sees his future at Tesla being of a more limited nature.

Given that he’s now on the hook for delivering Robotaxis on August 8, I’m not sure how this helps him at all. This guys mouth is writing checks his body can’t cash. He’ll be lucky to be flying rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong come August 9th. 

• Like 1

Saw a Lucid today. I don’t know anything about it but it looks like it fucks.

One of my clients and really good friends had one of the first ones in Texas. I haven’t seen more than a few other than his and, yes, it’s super fucking nice.

9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

So, like the Elon's universe worst possible version of this poster:

71nfcauvSnL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Those women are now all realtors in North Texas now, probably in their second or third husbands, probably with 2-3 kids and that many step kids.  And they’ve probably been members of AARP for at least a decade.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/3/2024 at 10:00 PM, Covri said:

it was ugly and had no curves just straight lines.

Your son made a very profound and astute observation in how Elon Musk and people like him view the world around them.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/4/2024 at 8:51 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

CNBC with a headline story that Tesla had a $500m order of AI chips from NVIDIA, and Elon personally decided to have them rerouted to Twitter. Delays Tesla's receipt of another order by months at least.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/06/04/elon-musk-told-nvidia-to-ship-ai-chips-reserved-for-tesla-to-x-xai.html

This is why you don't let your CEO run other companies. He decides the priorities between the companies to his own benefit.

i can't find it again but he said they didn't have anywhere to put it and turn them on; which begs why you are spending 22% of your capex for the quarter on something you can't even use

Lying Liar Liar GIF by CBS

edit:

dz1bre5uim4d1.png

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Billionaire investor, with large stake in Tesla, writes in letter that he's voting to give Elon the $56b compensation. I would love to hear how much Elon allowed this guy to buy into SpaceX or his AI venture for this vote and letter. Perhaps at a friends & family rate. Of course this investor isn't going on CNBC to answer follow-on questions.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/06/05/ron-baron-big-tesla-shareholder-supports-elon-musks-56-billion-pay-package.html

Many Elon fanbois are conspiracy theory types who argue that Wall St. is rigged against people like them. However they don't recognize when that theory is occurring right in front of their eyes, and their cheering it on.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Billionaire investor, with large stake in Tesla, writes in letter that he's voting to give Elon the $56b compensation. I would love to hear how much Elon allowed this guy to buy into SpaceX or his AI venture for this vote and letter. Perhaps at a friends & family rate. Of course this investor isn't going on CNBC to answer follow-on questions.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/06/05/ron-baron-big-tesla-shareholder-supports-elon-musks-56-billion-pay-package.html

Many Elon fanbois are conspiracy theory types who argue that Wall St. is rigged against people like them. However they don't recognize when that theory is occurring right in front of their eyes, and their cheering it on.

Did he include a pic of the gun to his head?

17 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I’m not gonna check Pacer, because I have faith in my plaintiff attorney brethren to have already filed some kind of derivative suit for the shareholders. 

By that I mean, they will ask for 20 million in fees, but get you a coupon for $200 off your next cyber truck. 

7 hours ago, chainsaw said:

Did he include a pic of the gun to his head?

Elon had him kidnapped, put him in a Tesla parked by a stock tank, and told him the only way to get out was by putting the car in reverse using the touchscreen.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/autonomous-vehicle-company-will-begin-test-drive-in-austin/

An autonomous mobility company is taking Austin for a test drive. Zoox announced Wednesday it will begin public testing in Austin and Miami this summer — the fourth and fifth public testing locations for the company.

Zoox said it will send out its autonomous, Toyota Highlander testing fleet with safety drivers near business and entertainment districts around the city. “The retrofitted test fleet is used to validate the company’s autonomous driving software before it is deployed on the Zoox robotaxi as well as for manual missions such as mapping new areas,” Zoox said in a release.

In March 2024, AV company Waymo started testing its fully autonomous cars in Austin with no driver behind the wheel. The company first made an impression in Austin in 2015 when a Waymo rider became the first member of the public to take a ride in a fully autonomous car, which drove down a public street in Austin.

11 minutes ago, F250 said:

“Cybertruck makes a U Turn using only my pinky. Check mate,” Capt. Wallace posted on his X account on June 2.

Wait....so he's bragging about the super-duper Elon invention and innovation, the never-before-seen feature called.....power steering?

Why are all of these people so fucking stupid?  Seriously, why?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Wait....so he's bragging about the super-duper Elon invention and innovation, the never-before-seen feature called.....power steering?

Why are all of these people so fucking stupid?  Seriously, why?

Yeah, that was a weird flex. But then again, Cybertrucks don't necessarily have all the modern amenities like being waterproof and breaks that work. So maybe having power steering is an accomplishment.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

So he’s a captain - I bet he went into debt buying this thing.

Creech AF base is a drone base, so he’s either flying drones instead of manned aircraft, or he’s ground support or staff.

And the base commander is a colonel, which means whatever two-Star he is bragging about is elsewhere in the US, and I really doubt a fucking captain who flies drones or is on the ground support/staff at such a small base is texting with a two-star, because the Air Force has a fuckton of captains and a two-star would not waste time on a junior officer at a backwater base,

But if he’s serious, that two-star will be called on the carpet.

But he’s lying, because his boss is an either the squadron or wing commander, which are Lt. Colonel or Colonel positions.  Theoretically it could even be a Major.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, F250 said:

Yeah, that was a weird flex. But then again, Cybertrucks don't necessarily have all the modern amenities like being waterproof and breaks that work. So maybe having power steering is an accomplishment.

They don't have issues with brakes but the acceleration pedals breaks. 

But yeah..