Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

7 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

image.thumb.jpeg.d5458ab0c249c39617b76fcc12e518f2.jpeg

Imagine saying “I’m not a rocket scientist but I am a doctor so here’s my thoughts on building spaceships.”

This dude's brain is fucked for life. Unfortunately for him and everyone else his wealth will keep him from the type of reality check that is required to reel his brain back to reality.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

The truth is there's a large portion of Americans who equate wealth to intelligence. Like dollars in the bank account are a way to measure IQ points or your contribution to society. 

Hell, that's a significant plurality of THIS message board

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

On 6/14/2024 at 10:21 PM, atomheartbevo said:

I don't know - people have gotten in trouble for this kind of stuff in the past.  Hell, back in the early 2000s, I was a VP at a tech company, and we didn't have a lot of VPs/senior management - it was a pretty flat org chart so I thought I was pretty bulletproof. I had an in-person team meeting for my American, European, Middle Eastern, and African employees, and I held it in Holland, Amsterdam to be precise, and I took them out to dinner and a theater show in the red light district.  Some of them were a little uptight and I thought it'd be a hilarious prank to surprise them with a live sex show.

Some fucking little shit ratted me out and I was fired as soon as I was back in the US.

Are you hiring?

On 6/14/2024 at 11:13 PM, F250 said:

Reminds me of the time, the guy that ran our IT finance group returned from a two week work trip staying in Amstelveen that tried to expense a few thousand dollars worth of Red Light district charges. Seriously, the dude attempted to expense hooker sex.

We need a "Company Shenanigans" thread.  I'm sure there are more than a few interesting stories.  I've got a couple.

• Hook 'Em 3

18 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

image.thumb.jpeg.d5458ab0c249c39617b76fcc12e518f2.jpeg

Imagine saying “I’m not a rocket scientist but I am a doctor so here’s my thoughts on building spaceships.”

I'll take "Things That Never Happened" for $1,000 Alex.

• Hook 'Em 7

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

When the Aztek owners get to laugh at you - you know you are getting close to Rock Bottom.

With Elmo, there is no rock bottom.  See, for only $3,999, you can get the new "Cybershovel," so you can keep digging!

arlcc-1sssqqqunqtitled.jpg?1684557105

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

When the Aztek owners get to laugh at you - you know you are getting close to Rock Bottom.

My $150 tent can’t be accidentally popped, sets up in under 10 minutes and folds down to the size of a large duffel bag.  

Sad Gordon Ramsay GIF by Hell's Kitchen

How does a high-tech company fuck up a tent so bad?  I can buy a tent custom made for the top of my 8 year-old minivan, or that attaches to the back for under $500.  The rooft mounted one goes on quick and easy  and pops up in under 10 minutes as well.  

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

My $150 tent can’t be accidentally popped, sets up in under 10 minutes and folds down to the size of a large duffel bag.  

How does a high-tech company fuck up a tent so bad?  I can buy a tent custom made for the top of my 8 year-old minivan, or that attaches to the back for under $500.  The rooft mounted one goes on quick and easy  and pops up in under 10 minutes as well.  

Probably the same way they fuck up the accelerator pedal sticking in a product which the accelerator pedal is the single most used part in the entire vehicle? 

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Plus, the minivan looks cooler than a cybertruck

57 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Large duffle bag? My REI Passage fits in my duffle bag along with everything else I need for the MS Cape Cod (Masshole MS150), I don't get the tents used by these guys for a ride.

As far as how they fuck it up? Because they picked a luxury tent maker for their product. And I would be they had to last second change dimensions they provide to that company and the result is what you see.

5 hours ago, NoName said:

just when you think "naw, the cybertruck can't get any worse...can it?

ancient aliens GIF

1boadv7atp6d1.png

the engineer who thought to describe the loose wiper problem as an automated system for airspeed based aerodynamic optimization didn't buy a single drink that night

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

Jalopnik: Even The Tesla Cybertruck’s Bed Length Is A Lie

That’s right. If the object you intend to carry is over 30” tall, it can only be 4” 11” because it no longer fits in the bed with the tailgate up. For reference, the Ford Maverick – the smallest truck on sale today in the U.S. – has a bed length only five inches shorter than that, and that truck is nearly two feet shorter in overall length.

text:

It turns out the Tesla Cybertruck’s quoted bed size is a bit of a lie if you actually want to carry anything substantial. Sure, it is technically six feet, one inch long, but an item that big will only fit the bed if it’s less than 6” tall. That’s not ideal if you want to use your Cybertruck for real truck things.

TikToker molesrcool posted the discovery to his page that as items get taller, the more unlikely it is that they will fit in the bed of a Cybertruck. It’s all because of the way Tesla designed the rear bulkhead of the truck’s cabin. It cuts into the bed length the higher you go up. That’s not a good piece of engineering, man.

Here’s how the bed sizes stack up, according to molesrcool’s video. The left column is the height of the object, and the right is how long it can be and still fit in the Cybertruck behind the tailgate:

0” - 6’ 1”

4” - 6’ 1”

6” - 5’ 10”

9” - 5’ 8.5”

12” - 5’ 6.5”

15” - 5’ 5.5”

25” - 5’ 5.5”

30” - 4’ 11”

That’s right. If the object you intend to carry is over 30” tall, it can only be 4” 11” because it no longer fits in the bed with the tailgate up. For reference, the Ford Maverick – the smallest truck on sale today in the U.S. – has a bed length only five inches shorter than that, and that truck is nearly two feet shorter in overall length.

f686dc408f25f94272eb9e0beed473bb.jpg

You can see the problem from a diagram in the Cybertruck’s owner’s manual. Look how uneven the bulkhead of the cargo bed is in the figure above. Sure, near the floor the length may be 6'1", but that size quickly shrinks. I should also note that the exact dimensions that were mentioned in the video cannot be found in the owner’s manual. It almost looks as if they were deleted from the manual because is molesrcool’s video, they are visible to the right of the figure I included here. Strange.

As molesrcool correctly points out, there’s a very good reason that just about every other truck maker do their best to make their beds a perfect rectangle with a flat back; you can fit more of your shit in a rectangle than whatever shape the Cybertruck’s bed is. On top of that, other trucks don’t have those very high, sloping walls on either side of their beds that make getting things in and out more difficult.

To be fair, none of this really matters. If I had to hazard a guess, 99.999998 percent of all Cybertruck owners aren’t using their trucks for actual truck stuff, so the fact the bed is a dumb shape isn’t going to impact them. This is just the latest in an ever-increasing series of design blunders that are coming to light in Tesla’s flagship vehicle.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

Point of order- if 3000 have been sold, and only 1 gets used to haul something that requires a truck bed, then 99.966 (repeating of course) % don’t use theirs for it. Then it jumps to 0%.  So the math is already wrong. 

Elon is going to have to move a few more units if we want to approach 8 sig figs of accuracy on a %. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, NoName said:

To be fair, none of this really matters. If I had to hazard a guess, 99.999998 percent of all Cybertruck owners aren’t using their trucks for actual truck stuff, so the fact the bed is a dumb shape isn’t going to impact them. This is just the latest in an ever-increasing series of design blunders that are coming to light in Tesla’s flagship vehicle.

This is impossible. There is no way that Tesla has sold more than 10,000 of these, and for that granularity to make sense they would need to sell at least 500,000 or so. 

7 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

My nine year old daughter asked “what is that car? Why would anyone buy a weird car like that?” 

Gotta say; your daughter is just too damned woke to understand what Cybertruckin' is all about

-Elon fanbois, here and there.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I saw one of these things yesterday at the movie parking lot (Inside Out 2 is not as good as 1). 

My nine year old daughter asked “what is that car? Why would anyone buy a weird car like that?” 

You may still be stateside but you made me ponder how many of these are tooling around Europe, Asia, and South America and what reactions they draw in those places. 

41 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

You may still be stateside but you made me ponder how many of these are tooling around Europe, Asia, and South America and what reactions they draw in those places. 

I am. They’ve only moved what, 10K units? 

These things look so stupid in the wild, it’s hard to describe. 

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I am. They’ve only moved what, 10K units? 

These things look so stupid in the wild, it’s hard to describe. 

Yup.  In photos and videos all alone they are weird and different. But when you see one among other cars and in a regular environment it’s shocking how anachronistic it looks.