Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

5 hours ago, elfenix said:

i keep being told that EV sales fell off a cliff, was that not correct?

EV sales increased only 7% last year, instead of increasing something like 10, or 15% from the year before (I don't know the actual number), but you get the idea. Remove Tesla sales from the numbers and EV sales increased even more than 7%. 

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

And if that $7,500 credit goes away, a whole lot of Tesla bros won’t be buying new ones in the future.

Fortunately the Tesla bros and Elon are backing a political agenda that is hostile to EVs and the tax credit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

EV sales increased only 7% last year, instead of increasing something like 10, or 15% from the year before (I don't know the actual number), but you get the idea. Remove Tesla sales from the numbers and EV sales increased even more than 7%. 

Right, but there was a shit ton of freaking out about EV sales plummeting. When it's actually full size trucks which have been plummeting (I think that may be due to golden handcuffs and how expensive the things have gotten). But there's been no panicked articles about that.

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.hngn.com/articles/262200/20240721/elon-musk-posts-video-of-trump-blowing-up-biden-days-after-assassination-attempt-critics-stunned.htm

Tech mogul Elon Musk has reposted a video of Donald Trump blowing up President Joe Biden just days after an assassination attempt on the former president and Republicans bashing Democrats for what they characterized as violent rhetoric.

"Best AI video to date," gushed Musk, who is now contributing $45 million a month to a superpac backing the Trump campaign. ("We have to be nice to him now," Trump said at a rally Saturday.)

The posted cartoon video by @Cyncratic is a remake of the final fight scene in the 1999 sci-fi film "The Matrix," starring Keanu Reeves as Neo, which features alien-enslaved humans who are unaware of their situation because their minds are controlled by a complex computer system.

In the video Trump takes the place of Neo barely breaking a sweat as he faces off against Biden as the chief alien representative Agent Smith. Other "agents" Barack Obama and Meta chief Mark Zuckerberg stand by.

The scene ends with Trump exploding Biden into bits.

The video can be seen here. HNGN is not reposting it because of its depictions of violence against the president.

Critics were appalled.

"Why are you showing videos of Donald Trump murdering Joe Biden?" asked one on X.

Another reported Musk's post to his own company for violating X's policies against depictions of murder and death.

• Rage+1 4

Kinda sucks that just as I get interested in maybe getting a Tesla (Model 3 Performance) Musk goes full MAGA. OTOH based on what I see on Tesla forums it seems like his cars have pretty sloppy QC, maybe I'm better off staying away.

25 minutes ago, Paper_jam said:

Kinda sucks that just as I get interested in maybe getting a Tesla (Model 3 Performance) Musk goes full MAGA. OTOH based on what I see on Tesla forums it seems like his cars have pretty sloppy QC, maybe I'm better off staying away.

if you want an EV, there are a shitload of options out there that aren't Teslas.

Setting aside Elmo's psychopathic idiocy, that has long been a problem that he should have seen coming, and he could have used Tesla's head-start in the market to Tesla's significant advantage.  But he's gone full-on tortoise and the hare, except instead of taking a nap, the hare is sitting in front of his computer typing racist shit.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Setting aside Elmo's psychopathic idiocy, that has long been a problem that he should have seen coming, and he could have used Tesla's head-start in the market to Tesla's significant advantage.  But he's gone full-on tortoise and the hare,

People have joked that within five years, Tesla will be not much more than a car-charging network in the US, and that doesn’t seem so far-fetched now. I didn’t even know Toyota had been working to basically release an EV option for every model they make.

43 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

except instead of taking a nap, the hare is sitting in front of his computer typing racist shit.

Yeah, I’m getting his politician shit at the top of my daily digest Twitter emails.  The little shit claims he’s not politicizing Twitter and that it’s neutral, but even though I have him blocked and am down to checking just a handful of Ukraine and sports twitter accounts but his tweets are at the top of those emails.

• Hook 'Em 1

I get the disdain for Elroy and his cars. And their reported qc issues. That said, I have two Teslas in my garage. One for my fiancée and one for her 16yo daughter. A new Y and and old used 3. They wanted what they wanted and no reason to fight that battle (plus I didn’t pay for them). Neither drive more than maybe 3-5 miles from home at a time. They are essentially glorified golf carts and honestly they work just fine. Zero issues.

For those kind of drivers they are fine imo. If you need your car for more than that, maybe not.
  • Hook 'Em 1

There are good, practical reasons to not purchase EVs, there are better reasons not to purchase a Tesla. 

However, the idiots behavior should not be a reason not to buy an EV if that's the only thing preventing you from doing so. The safest bet, imo? Toyota, but that's a debate for the car nut threads. It's how I would go on an EV, but I personal see more value in the hybrids, for a lot of different reasons.

Don't let dumb dumb's behavior push you away from a decision that's right for you.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

It's how I would go on an EV, but I personal see more value in the hybrids, for a lot of different reasons.

If we were buying an EV, we’d go hybrid.  Looking at Toyota’s lineup, they did it the right way I think.  There’s probably a hard cap on the full BEV market and Tesla could bump into that.  While I think Musk being a piece of shit is affecting sales more than the analysts want to publicly state, I find all of the Teslas sitting around in various parking lots even after they lowered prices, to be interesting. 

I read a theory that Musk wants to do away with the $7,500 credit, in the belief that it will hurt the larger car makers in their EV efforts, but most of Toyota’s EV lineup is not even eligible for it in the first place, and he’s already dropped prices substantially on Teslas.  

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

when Jordan B. Peterson and Elon Musk unite our non-Neuralink enabled brains can only take so much until they turn into mashed potatoes. 

I wish those two would embrace Neuralink and test it on themselves.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mittens said:

He doesn't seem particularly bright.

That is hysterical.  Super genius businessmans gets hoodwinked by a teenager?  He is trying so hard to sell us on his struggles and the adversity he had to overcome.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

What a pathetic piece of shit human being. Disowns his child because she has views different than he does. Fuck him.

I can't imagine disowning my kids over isms. 

Yeah, but neckbeard incels love him and shower him with adulation.  And that's all he wants and needs.

Oh, and to have other kids.  Because when one disappoints him, he will just have another for replacement.

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Nivek said:

That is hysterical.  Super genius businessmans gets hoodwinked by a teenager?  He is trying so hard to sell us on his struggles and the adversity he had to overcome.

There was an interview a while back where he claimed this stuff used to never happen. It's like when boomers try to tell you that there were never any gay people or men dressing up in women's clothes in mainstream TV and movies.  

200.gif

200.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Another delay for one of his projects and maybe he’s shifting the company away from cars

https://electrek.co/2024/07/22/elon-musk-delays-tesla-optimus-humanoid-robot-timeline/

Despite Musk’s threat not to build AI products at Tesla if he doesn’t get 25% control of the company, the CEO has already restructured the company around its AI products, including its humanoid robot: Tesla Optimus.

The idea is to leverage Tesla’s existing technologies to develop a humanoid general-purpose robot that can perform dangerous or repetitive tasks in different industrial or commercial purposes. Eventually, Tesla aims for the robot to also be used by consumers in their homes.

Last year, Tesla unveiled “Optimus Gen 2”, a new generation of its humanoid robot.

When it comes to a timeline, Musk said just a few months ago that he believes that Optimus will be used to perform real tasks inside actual Tesla factories by the end of the year.

Furthermore, Musk said that he believes Tesla could start selling the robot to customers outside of the company by the end of 2025.

Now, the CEO has updated the timeline saying that Optimus will go in “low production for Tesla internal use next year,” and the company is aiming for “high production for other companies in 2026”:

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, crash_davis said:

What a pathetic piece of shit human being. Disowns his child because she has views different than he does. Fuck him.

I can't imagine disowning my kids over isms. 

With exceptions for aggy-ism, baylor-ism, penn state-ism and MAGA-ism, of course

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Blotto said:

he is one weird motherfucker, but Kamala (at 1:08) looking good, lulz

Looking Good Call Me GIF by Bounce

1 hour ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Even AI Elon is fat. 

Yeah, meanwhile Obama is looking buff and is the best looking one out of the bunch.   But yeah, Elon is weird as fuck to be the CEO of a car company that's struggling to sell cars, and he's spending his time on this stuff.

Meanwhile, if you surveyed 100 Americans, they couldn't tell you who the CEO of Ford or Toyota is.

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

to be the CEO of a car company that's struggling to sell cars

Funny you should mention that....hot off the presses from this afternoons earnings release

image.thumb.png.b036403f9a06b84a5576be9a50cc6a42.png

For a car company with a PE of 60 and close to $800B market cap, I'd expect some growth in, ya know, car sales. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

8 minutes ago, Blotto said:

For a car company with a PE of 60 and close to $800B market cap, I'd expect some growth in, ya know, car sales. 

The energy generation, I'm assuming that's the Supercharger network that other companies are also using.  Maybe the smartest thing Tesla has done - allowing other car companies to plugin.  As they sell more EVs, Tesla will generate more revenue through the network.  More money to be made in the long run selling the shovels than digging for gold or something.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

The energy generation, I'm assuming that's the Supercharger network that other companies are also using.  Maybe the smartest thing Tesla has done - allowing other car companies to plugin.  As they sell more EVs, Tesla will generate more revenue through the network.  More money to be made in the long run selling the shovels than digging for gold or something.

I think energy generation and storage is the solar and battery business. Supercharger falls into services and other rev.

4 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I think energy generation and storage is the solar and battery business. Supercharger falls into services and other rev.

Which explains why Elon is so high on Texas and Greg Abbott.  There is no better salesman for backup power supplies than Gov Abbott.

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Which explains why Elon is so high on Texas and Greg Abbott.  There is no better salesman for backup power supplies than Gov Abbott.

Is Greg a former Generac CEO?

I mean, there really is weather of mass destruction in Texas so it wouldn't be an out right deception for him to be pushing that narrative. 

(Retro-CR slam, from a Elon hating gun nut. Who'da thunk it?)

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Blotto said:

If so, still a decent rise YoY.

3 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Wait until a substantial amount of CyberTrucks have been out for over a year, their maintenance revenue is going to skyrocket.

Wait until more insurance companies say no.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Wait until a substantial amount of CyberTrucks have been out for over a year, their maintenance revenue is going to skyrocket.

I'd be surprised  if warranty work counts as revenue if no cash from the customer is coming in. I assume those shitbuckets come with a warranty longer than 1 year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I'd be surprised  if warranty work counts as revenue if no cash from the customer is coming in. I assume those shitbuckets come with a warranty longer than 1 year. 

No worries -- everything voids the Cybertruck warranty, so every repair brings in revenue!

guy-with-black-jacket-think.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

On 7/22/2024 at 11:23 AM, tbone_ said:

I get the disdain for Elroy and his cars. And their reported qc issues. That said, I have two Teslas in my garage. One for my fiancée and one for her 16yo daughter. A new Y and and old used 3. They wanted what they wanted and no reason to fight that battle (plus I didn’t pay for them). Neither drive more than maybe 3-5 miles from home at a time. They are essentially glorified golf carts and honestly they work just fine. Zero issues.

For those kind of drivers they are fine imo. If you need your car for more than that, maybe not.

That live playing gig got deep into the wallet.   Next blues line…..?

Musk was asked in the Q&A portion of the call when shareholders can expect “the first robotaxi ride.”

“I would be shocked if we cannot do it next year,” Musk said, after first noting that his predictions have been “overly optimistic in the past.”

Prepare to see a shocked elon musk.

• Haha 4

Just Elmo walking around credulously believing the stupidest people on internet and his most terrified work-visa-needingest employees. He’d be shocked when it doesn’t happen if the cognitive dissonance allowed him to remember that he is usually wrong.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

8 minutes ago, Blotto said:

https://archive.ph/rmZ9Y 

So GM had higher revenue, profits, and operating margin this quarter than Tesla. Market cap is $58B vs $750B. He's a shitbag charlatan, but I gotta give him credit for being good at it. 

41 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Tesla is down over 7% in after-hours trading. Down around $18.  Is that bad?

His taxi is delayed, his robots are delayed.

• Hook 'Em 1