Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

My wife has a Tesla model Y. It was the best car for our needs at the time we bought it in 2021 and it’s been a good car. When it’s time to buy again, I’ll be glad there are good Tesla alternatives. Musk is such a wanker.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I was shocked to not see this posted yet:

https://wapo.st/3LMqsKM

X suspends ‘White Dudes for Harris’ account after massive fundraiser

The account was reinstated, but the issue sparked concerns about how Musk could use X to sway voters, even as Republicans welcome his influence.

The account, @dudes4harris, was reinstated Tuesday morning after it was blocked hours before because of “a user report” for “violating our rules against evading suspension,” according to a screenshot shared with The Washington Post. Organizer Ross Morales Rocketto said the group submitted a complaint to X, but had no other direct communication from the platform.

The more than three-hour online call Monday evening featured actors Mark Hamill, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Sean Astin and Josh Gad, among others who expressed their support and enthusiasm for Harris on the presidential ticket.

The suspension on X occurred as the group and its allies were posting heavily about the event after it ended. While the exact reasons behind it are unclear, it reignited broader concerns among Democrats that the platform, which Musk bought in 2022, could be used to influence the online discourse in the months leading to the presidential election.

Edited by Captain Ron
  • Rage+1 1

36 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Coming soon to a former shopping mall turned into a Tesla storage facility!

hundreds-of-teslas-pile-up-in-the-parkin

There's a rail park on the edge of Taylor, that's where Tesla ships all their cars from.  I'll have to drive out there in the next few days and take a pic of the hundreds of Telas and cybertrucks just sitting there in the parking lot, been there for months.

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, troph said:

Official in the F Elon F Tesla camp. Sucks they are good cars, probably going to get a F Elon sticker for my X. Not dumping it or selling it, but won’t buy another one. 

Go for the Audi conversion!

image.png.23623f442d0c5297acf01a2569272587.png

• Haha 7

7 hours ago, UTCzech III said:

There's a rail park on the edge of Taylor, that's where Tesla ships all their cars from.  I'll have to drive out there in the next few days and take a pic of the hundreds of Telas and cybertrucks just sitting there in the parking lot, been there for months.

That’s pretty normal though off a railyard. The outskirts of cities are filled with brand new cars in lots waiting to be trucked to dealers. 

Elmo's FSD gets to tally another kill

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/tesla-was-full-self-driving-mode-when-it-hit-killed-seattle-motorcylist-police-2024-07-31/

The police said the case remains under investigation, but experts say there are limitations to Tesla's technology dependent on cameras and artificial intelligence. Tesla's rivals such as Alphabet's Waymo also uses expensive sensors like lidars to detect the driving environment.

"There are so many things that can go wrong" with Tesla's camera-only system, said Guidehouse Insights analyst Sam Abuelsamid. For instance, he said it can inaccurately measure how far away an object is.

"It is extremely challenging to collect and curate data from all sorts of real-world elements such as motorcycles and bicycles in the broad range of possible weather, lightning, road and traffic conditions," said Raj Rajkumar, a professor of electrical and computer engineering at Carnegie Mellon University.

This year, Musk shelved Tesla's all-new affordable cars and increased his bets on self-driving vehicles, saying he will be shocked if Tesla cannot achieve full self-driving capability next year.

Speaking in an interview with the Tesla Owners of Silicon Valley club last weekend, he said a future vehicle will be like a "tiny mobile lounge" where drivers will be able to watch movies, play video games, work and even drink and sleep

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Speaking in an interview with the Tesla Owners of Silicon Valley club last weekend, he said a future vehicle will be like a "tiny mobile lounge" where drivers will be able to watch movies, play video games, work and even drink and sleep

image.gif.49f5da979147c31188fd5181b7046a9b.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, troph said:

Official in the F Elon F Tesla camp. Sucks they are good cars, probably going to get a F Elon sticker for my X. Not dumping it or selling it, but won’t buy another one. 

10 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Elon is a bitch

But I still plan on upgrading my 2018 Model S to a Plaid because they're so fucking fast at 1.99s 0-60.  Just need to find a 2022 without that stupid ass yoke steering. 

nacho-why.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

On 7/29/2024 at 5:10 PM, atomheartbevo said:

To be fair, Elmo’s stuff is showing up in a lot of peoples’ timelines, people who didn’t task for it.

I’m bugging everybody I follow to move to another platform.  BlueSky is small, but has a lot of good long form discussions, Threads still needs a few things, but has a lot of people and the conversations are not overrun with bots and “pussy in bio”.

You had me at "moving to another platform" and then lost me with "not overrun with 'pussy in bio'".

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

nacho-why.gif

I get him wanting to buy it, I'm sad I think the teslas are bad ass especially the highest end and I've only ever had the performance versions of the S and X. But he's a POS and the last few weeks were the straw that broke the camel's back.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, troph said:

I get him wanting to buy it, I'm sad I think the teslas are bad ass especially the highest end and I've only ever had the performance versions of the S and X. But he's a POS and the last few weeks were the straw that broke the camel's back.

FWIW, I find it kind of hilarious the way extremes come together in the weirdest ways. Can't remember the theory, but it's something about how the far-left and fsr-right end up being similar.

In this case, it's hilarious to see Tesla dweebs call their cars "performance" cars when all the can do really well is go fast in a straight line, which makes them the modern equivalent of Boomer muscle car guys.

I know I'm probably irritating off a lot of people with that, but I find it hilarious.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, troph said:

I'm a little surprised you've decided to keep yours. There are equally-as-good, if not better, electric options on the roads these days coming from companies not owned by Elon Musk. I would've thought the recent news of Elon's shittyness toward his trans child might be the straw that made you dump your Tesla for another option.

• Hook 'Em 2

FWIW, I find it kind of hilarious the way extremes come together in the weirdest ways. Can't remember the theory, but it's something about how the far-left and fsr-right end up being similar.
In this case, it's hilarious to see Tesla dweebs call their cars "performance" cars when all the can do really well is go fast in a straight line, which makes them the modern equivalent of Boomer muscle car guys.
I know I'm probably irritating off a lot of people with that, but I find it hilarious.

Muscle cars and straight line performance is a specific type of enjoyment. If you want a car that can handle there are other classes of vehicles that can do that well. If you want a car that just spins tires and goes in a circle there are cars and upgrades for that. I still occasionally dream about my old muscle cars that I built. I never dream about the much better handling, driver friendly, but quick car I bought.
I beg to differ

TESLA_Model-X-2023_main.jpg.d7c5f4c58c9ebf797d25dae18f6db044.jpg

1969_Ford_Mustang_Mach_I.thumb.jpg.d243253e9b64cacd4a4a92bc2d338a12.jpg

Pony car, not a muscle car.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Muscle cars and straight line performance is a specific type of enjoyment. If you want a car that can handle there are other classes of vehicles that can do that well. If you want a car that just spins tires and goes in a circle there are cars and upgrades for that. I still occasionally dream about my old muscle cars that I built. I never dream about the much better handling, driver friendly, but quick car I bought.

Yeah, that's cool. You care about what Tesla dweebs care about. Nothing wrong with that. The confluence is funny to me.

And yeah, that rolypoly lookin' Tesla can't compare to a classic Stang. Not much can.

• Hook 'Em 1

Oh, also, at lunch today, I was trying to explain to my wife how Elon is a traitor and that SpaceX should be given the ultimatum "Elon needs to go, or your contracts are gone," or at least to put the company on some sort of probation.

Obviously there's the Starlink satellites in Ukraine thing, but I couldn't think of anything else in the moment. Most of the ammo I had was the racist incel stuff, but I was lacking on the traitor stuff. Any help?

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

I'm a little surprised you've decided to keep yours. There are equally-as-good, if not better, electric options on the roads these days coming from companies not owned by Elon Musk. I would've thought the recent news of Elon's shittyness toward his trans child might be the straw that made you dump your Tesla for another option.

well I contain multitudes I guess. 

a few reasons (financial and environmental):

1. we own it out right - plenty of financial reasons to keep including teaching my kids good money habits.

2. it's driving well, no issues at 100,000 miles and 8 years old (including maybe a 10% battery degradation at most) 

3. we have free supercharging so in essence I'm costing the scumbag money, ha. joke's on him.

4. the tech is old for tesla but it's pretty close to on par with current EVs out there from other makers as far as I can tell. and the software algos etc. and integration with the car itself out perform all of the traditional autos making EVs (or so I'm told).

5. I'm in the mode of buying teenager cars and our "garage" so-to-speak is nearly doubling in two years. ugh.

6. no one talks about this much, but consumption behavior is a major factor in climate change and environmental destruction and decline. The car is fine, yes someone else would buy it, but I don't want to teach my kids (as much as I can avoid it) to always look to replace.

and all of those combined outweigh selling and buying something different, but that doesn't mean we will buy a new one. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, choripan said:

I don't really care. but when I used the word "performance" it was a model description applied by the car maker as in Model X P90D. 

but since I don't care... drag racing is a form of racing last I checked. saying straight line speed, 0-60 doesn't matter and disregarding tesla performance against the world's best performance cars is silly.

and if you want to get into a road race situation, yeah ICE may be necessary for longer races, but you can probably mod the fuck out of any car to make it more road worthy, AND my model S was heavy as fuck, low to the ground with an unusually wide wheel base and track. so it was very well set up to do more than go in a straight line.

you want to say the Y, or 3 or X isn't a performance car fine. I have an X and a Porsche macan and the Porsche guys tell me we can take the macan out it's made to race too, a couple have practically begged me to come out to the track with them. well there are differences between the macan and the X but they have a lot in common too. in the end, my X is a glorified minivan that rides quiet, clean, smooth and easy and when I want to race into a merge lane or get around someone fast, I can.  That's really all I want and need, but yeah the fucking thing goes really really fast and to dismiss that as not performance is again, a bit silly.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Oh good. Elon is tweeting about trans people again.

Can't believe anyone likes that POS after he said his child was dead. Nope not dead at all.

yeah that and the $45B comments pushed us over. fuck that guy.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, troph said:

1. we own it out right - plenty of financial reasons to keep including teaching my kids good money habits.

6. no one talks about this much, but consumption behavior is a major factor in climate change and environmental destruction and decline. The car is fine, yes someone else would buy it, but I don't want to teach my kids (as much as I can avoid it) to always look to replace.

and all of those combined outweigh selling and buying something different, but that doesn't mean we will buy a new one. 

Some things are more important than money. I’m guessing your kids wouldn’t think you ditching the car made by a company whose CEO and largest shareholder has openly said he thinks you are subhuman was purely a financial decision. Rather it would be taking a position on principle against a very powerful person who is using his influence to brew hate against you. Yes, you personally. He does not like you. He does not think you deserve to exist as a member of our society.

7 minutes ago, royiv said:

Some things are more important than money. I’m guessing your kids wouldn’t think you ditching the car made by a company whose CEO and largest shareholder has openly said he thinks you are subhuman was purely a financial decision. Rather it would be taking a position on principle against a very powerful person who is using his influence to brew hate against you. Yes, you personally. He does not like you. He does not think you deserve to exist as a member of our society.

love you bro, I mean it. but i'm not interesting in arguing where your stated intention is to convince me to sell a car and buy a new car because you think I'm teaching my kids a bad less about what it means to be a person like me.

my reasoning is sound, it's justified, it's logical and it may not work for you, but you're not me or us.  My wife and I talked and this is our family position on it.

and to be really blunt, climate change matters way fucking more than Elon's discourse about my existence. sorry it just does.

and in our home, we talk about LGBTQ issues on semi regular occasion, but spend more time talking about reducing trash, starting a composting system, recycling properly, reducing energy consumption, making sure our food and water is as clean as it can be, reducing or eliminating pesticides and herbicides from our use, protecting the ocean, coral reefs, discussing steps we can take to reduce climate change, talking about money we've given to climate related projects and more. because I'm pretty sure my kids are more fucked by climate than the fact their second mom is a trans woman. I'll be dead and they will be migrating for food and water if we don't stop this shit.

and yes F Elon.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, troph said:

love you bro, I mean it. but i'm not interesting in arguing where your stated intention is to convince me to sell a car and buy a new car because you think I'm teaching my kids a bad less about what it means to be a person like me.

my reasoning is sound, it's justified, it's logical and it may not work for you, but you're not me or us.  My wife and I talked and this is our family position on it.

and to be really blunt, climate change matters way fucking more than Elon's discourse about my existence. sorry it just does.

and yes F Elon.

Love you, too. I’m not trying to convince you of anything. I’m just pointing out that you appear to be approaching this conundrum from primarily a financial perspective and teaching your kids good financial lessons. I’m just pointing out that there are some things more important than finances. You’ve done your calculus and made a decision that suits you. That’s cool. Doesn’t mean I have to agree or won’t question it when you post about it.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Pony car, not a muscle car.

You have any build threads? Been too long since I geeked out to a good build thread

Used Model S Plaids with 30k miles can be had for $60K which is a steal for basically a track car. Add in the supercharger network and there's nothing out there that comes close.

Used Lucid Air is also $60K but there's a risk they will be out of business once the Saudi $ runs out. 

15 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Used Model S Plaids with 30k miles can be had for $60K which is a steal for basically a track car. Add in the supercharger network and there's nothing out there that comes close.

Used Lucid Air is also $60K but there's a risk they will be out of business once the Saudi $ runs out. 

The battery alone in a plaid S would be worth ~40k wouldn't it? 

He still doesn’t understand the First Amendment, so not surprised he doesn’t understand others.  

The list of shit that Elon 1) doesn’t understand, but still 2) spouts off about as if he was a super-brain-geenyus, is fucking INFINITE.
  • Hook 'Em 2

36 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The list of shit that Elon 1) doesn’t understand, but still 2) spouts off about as if he was a super-brain-geenyus, is fucking INFINITE.

I think what you meant to say is that it is a Venn diagram that is a single circle.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Oh good. Elon is tweeting about trans people again.

Can't believe anyone likes that POS after he said his child was dead. Nope not dead at all.

Oh so this is about the boxing today. Like @TexasHooch said - yawn.

People are talking about Imane Khelif as if she is trans. She's not, she's a woman with very high testosterone levels. And they passed the tests for being allowed to compete in the Olympics, so there should be zero discussion. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Damnit. I just wanted to make a joke about him and slavery but was too tired to think of a better one.

11 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

People are talking about Imane Khelif as if she is trans. She's not, she's a woman with very high testosterone levels. And they passed the tests for being allowed to compete in the Olympics, so there should be zero discussion. 

Yeah....it's a pretty fucked-up conversation.  She was born with a vagina, has lived her whole life as a woman.  ZERO "trans" or "transition."  She has high testosterone levels, which is an actual medical thing that actually happens (rare, but a known thing that happens with regular frequency).

Want to have a conversation about whether a woman with those NATURAL testosterone levels should compete in women's events?  Sure, have at it.  Set a standard, apply it, and move on.  Seems like a standard was set in this sport by the current governing body, she met it, and she's competing.  Want to have a conversation about whether that standard should be modified, as a person born with a vagina and really high testosterone levels (likely due to internal testicles, as can happen, naturally, in such cases)?  Again, have at it.  I'm good with whatever the reasonable consensus says.

I was told repeatedly by these people that "gender is easy, boys have a penis, girls have a vagina."  Is that no longer true?  Did they change the standard?  (Of course they did....because what's truly important is being outraged, all the time).

• Hook 'Em 7

so one woman competes against another woman and gets punched harder than she's used to (it is the olympics) and can't handle it and quits crying?

and now we have waterhead chucklefucks like elon musk constructing a straw man about trans people?

sounds about right i guess.

maybe when spain wrecks japan in soccer, the japanese can quit and cry while these idiots can construct some faux outrage on social media about water quality or degraded airline technology...

• Rage+1 1

27 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Oh so this is about the boxing today. Like @TexasHooch said - yawn.

Not to mention she's from fucking Algeria, where it's illegal AF to be trans or administer trans treatments. Ain't no way that country lets a trans athlete compete for them. They'd kill them first.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Elon is a bitch

But I still plan on upgrading my 2018 Model S to a Plaid because they're so fucking fast at 1.99s 0-60.  Just need to find a 2022 without that stupid ass yoke steering. 

Yep, 8.5 is fast as fuck (tho it was modded a bit)  https://driveteslacanada.ca/news/tesla-model-s-plaid-sets-new-quarter-mile-record-in-quebec/

What could possibly go wrong.

https://gizmodo.com/elon-musks-private-school-in-texas-starts-accepting-applications-2000482194

Elon Musk is not only trying to raise the population of the U.S. by impregnating workers at his companies, but he’s also building schools for children. Musk’s private school in Texas started accepting applications on Wednesday, according to a tweet from the Ad Astra School. Opening in the fall, applications are open to all kids aged 3-9, according to the school’s website.

Ad Astra was founded in Los Angeles in 2014 to serve Musk’s own children and the children of a handful of employees from his companies like SpaceX. The school reportedly shut down in 2020 during the covid pandemic but is restarting for the 2024-2025 school year in Bastrop, Texas.

Musk’s tunneling firm The Boring Company is based in Bastrop, Tesla’s headquarters is based in nearby Austin, and SpaceX will soon be officially moving to Starbase, Texas, about five hours to the south.

Musk’s approach to learning has been unconventional, to say the least. Shortly after the launch of the school, the billionaire told an interviewer that he didn’t believe in separating kids by grade.

“I’m making all the children go through the same grade at the same time, like an assembly line,” Musk was quoted as saying back in 2015. “It makes more sense to cater the education to match their aptitude and abilities.”

The school’s website notes that 18 kids aged 3-6 (dubbed primary level) and 30 kids aged 6-9 (dubbed lower elementary level) will be admitted for the coming school year. And while it’s not entirely clear why you’d make 3-year-olds and 9-year-olds try to learn the same material at the same time, or if that’s still the plan, we’re sure Musk has his reasons.

“Ad Astra’s mission is to foster curiosity, creativity, and critical thinking in the next generation of problem solvers and builders,” the school says on its website. “Ad Astra’s approach to education is centered around hands-on, project-based learning, where children are encouraged to explore, experiment, and discover solutions to real-world problems. Ad Astra offers a progressive learning environment that emphasizes the integration of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) into its curriculum.”

• Haha 1