Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

I see that Elon has been bragging over the number of users/visitors Twitter has had recently.  Here's something really interesting --- a list of my 10 most recent followers.  Why are my followers interesting? If you click on the profiles of almost all of them 1) They are following between 3,000-7,000 accounts 2) they have roughly 100 followers 3) they have ZERO posts.

Example: my most recent four followers are Christie Cokely, Viviana Poser, Zahara Gollady, and Karma Allison.

Christie joined Twitter in July 2023, is following 6625 accounts, has 94 followers, and has tweeted zero times.

Viviana joined Twitter in October 2023, is following 2,584 accounts, has 31 followers, and has tweeted zero times.

Zahara joined Twitter in November 2023, is following 2285 accounts, has 24 followers, and has tweeted zero times.

Karma joined in September 2023, is following 3012 accounts, has 149 followers, and has tweeted zero times.

If you look at my last 10 followers, eight of the accounts are following several thousand accounts, have a few followers, and have tweeted ZERO times. Eight out of 10!

How does somebody get 150 followers without having ever tweeted?

Conclusion: ELON is cooking the books. Twitter's numbers are bullshit. 

Followers.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, troph said:

I may end up regretting this post, but fuck it.

I have no problem with responsible, sensible, well thought out regulation of trans women in sports. I've stated that from the beginning. Some progressives in my life have expressed dissatisfaction with that. But the idea that the issue is simple or that there should be a complete ban is laughable.

I know some trans women (who are not competitive and not athletes) that say fuck it, just resign from it all to a complete ban, agree with those that want the complete ban and let's move on. Their reasoning is that there are bigger issues to address.  I say fuck that. They are all big issues. I will go to my grave believing the right to compete is as important of a fundamental human right as any other. I also think the innate need to compete as a hallmark of being human goes back to the beginning. All you have to do is look at some of the earliest depiction of human civilization to find humans competing in athletic events against each other. It's wired into us. and for those of us who do wish to compete, it's worthy of finding a way that - and this is the key - works for everyone.

The desire for an outright ban is based in prejudice and discrimination, pure and simple. Almost all of the people who advocate for a complete ban also advocate for a complete ban on transition before 18 years of age predestining trans women to a complete ban in athletics by fiat and by law.  I've even heard people talk about socialization as an advantage in athletics and that should also prevent trans women from competing with other women. That's absurd. Raise your girls to be as competitive as you can, it's a cut throat world out there. Even among AFAB women, those who have cultivated a competitive drive at the highest level are the ones that will win. Granted that's not a physical trait but I've heard it used many times. Again, absurd.

However, there are things that should prevent trans women from competing in women sports, namely time to complete their transition, and this is controversial - effectiveness of transition. Completion and effectiveness of transition cannot be a hard and fast rule at 1 year (NCAA rule). That's preposterous. The problem with Lia Thomas is she met the bright line test from the NCAA. The NCAA set that rule a while ago probably under pressure, probably without a lot of knowledge and certainly from the standpoint that they didn't want to be seen and didn't want to be discriminatory. But in the end, Lia Thomas hurt the cause in ways that have become nearly unrecoverable.

She was already an athlete and good enough to be a college athlete, she transitioned for 1 year and I think still trained. I don't think she had any surgery, if she did she would have undoubtedly had to stop training and she would not have been back in the pool competing within 12 months. Surgery has a tremendous recovery time and she wouldn't likely be cleared to jump in a pool for months, let alone train vigorously.  Point is, 1 year is definitely not enough time for nearly anyone except those transitioning really early, if even then. This may harm trans women who are staring at the athletic clock whether it be age or college eligibility, etc. but fairness is fairness, it has to work for all.

I think AFAB women should be protected from trans women who are in transition. Lia Thomas was still in transition, she had not completed transition. At age 36 I began my transition. I don't think I was finished for at least 4 years. But by the time I was 40 when I picked up the tennis racket, it was clear while athletic I was not a man playing women's tennis.  I have a coach who coaches D1 players from time to time when they are in town for vacation or the summer. He laughed out loud when I asked if I could compete with men at the same USTA rating I had.  I also play women who hit harder, run faster, and are mentally tougher than me. I think what a lot of men fail to realize is that there are some wickedly athletic and fiercely competitive women out there. This shows up in the number of men who think they could return a serve from a pro tennis player like Coco or Serena. Same probably would be the case for hitting a fast pitch softball off Canady. The list goes on.

My tennis record post-transition is mixed, as I gained experience and skill I got better, I won more. As I approached next level I was winning a lot, and no doubt some would say because I'm trans. That's complete bullshit. When I moved to the next level I got my ass kicked. Some of these women were 10+ years older than me, some 10+ years younger. I've lost 0-6 / 1-6 and I've won 6-0 / 6-1. My anecdotal story is only that, but it's indicative of 99% of trans women in sports, who already represent a tiny fraction of the athletes in women's sports.

But when it comes to participation and when it comes to winning at the highest levels, there is a scenario where trans women can win and should not be penalized and be told it's just because you're a man or just because you were a man or because of testosterone or whatever. And if we figure out how to measure effectiveness of transition, then I really believe we have a solution.

I have friends who were not sensitive to estrogen, even after the testosterone was removed, they did not shed muscle mass, they did not gain fat weight. Did you know there are at least 4 ways to take estrogen? and that doesn't take into account dosages. Some of my friends have had to cycle through those methods to find what works, and different dosages.  Some trans women have an underdeveloped sensitivity to testosterone (some have postulated it's one of the many factors in what causes a person to be trans) making estrogen take faster. The point being, transition is complex, it's not one size fits all and I think we need to take the time to ask two questions of trans women athletes - are you done with transition and was your transition effective?

The IOC and NCAA have no framework to determine how receptive a body is to hormones or other aspects of medical transition. And this is the controversial part - if your medical transition isn't taking, you shouldn't be able to compete. It sucks, it may not be fair, but it's not fair to others either. And by effectiveness of transition, I don't mean do you look hot, I mean did you shed the physical traits that would be akin to the doping East Germany swim team or not?  If you didn't, not sure it's fair to compete. 

What does that framework look like? I don't know. But I do believe it's doable.

I also think the standard should be heightened for sanctioned high school, college, pro and Olympic sports and events and can be relaxed for club, recreational leagues and play, especially where there are inherent levels so that competition is structurally organized by talent/skill level.

In the end, trans women and progressives need to be more understanding, but the latent and in some cases overt -isms run rampant on this issue as much as any other and for those of us who believe there is a way to get this done and who believe the right to compete is a fundamental human right, it's severely damaging.

I do believe reason, logic and sound judgment can be used here to create a system that is inherently fair to everyone, and I think the importance of athletic competition demands we do it. Unfortunately, I'm afraid we are at least decades away from having the will as a society to find that solution that works for everyone.

That deeply saddens me and is one of the most troubling aspects of living in this world as an (admittedly aging) trans-athlete.

Great post. Appreciate your insight on this topic. It’s a subject that I don’t have the right answer on and your thoughts make a lot of sense to me. I think my head was already moving in the direction of your thoughts, but having you articulate it as you did makes it much easier for me to wrap my head around this issue.

I think a certain section of our society is using this as a wedge issue out of ignorance, stupidity, hate or all of the above. Like many difficult issues, there is a high level of nuance and some people can’t think in non-binary (sort of a double meaning in this case, I guess) terms. Whatever the answer is, it has to be fair (subjective) and based in science (objective). I’m not the person to determine what either of those things are and I salute those that are working to figure it out since inevitably there will be dissension from many.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/1/2024 at 12:18 PM, choripan said:

Oh, also, at lunch today, I was trying to explain to my wife how Elon is a traitor and that SpaceX should be given the ultimatum "Elon needs to go, or your contracts are gone," or at least to put the company on some sort of probation.

Obviously there's the Starlink satellites in Ukraine thing, but I couldn't think of anything else in the moment.

Maybe you just have brain worms. Musk is a lot of things, some including serious psychopathology. But he is not a traitor to his country. That’s just silly shit the politically brain damaged run out when they are flashing their own psychopathology. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Maybe you just have brain worms. Musk is a lot of things, some including serious psychopathology. But he is not a traitor to his country. That’s just silly shit the politically brain damaged run out when they are flashing their own psychopathology. 

South Africa or the country that he immigrated to illegally?

• Hook 'Em 8

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

I don’t disagree. Some posters have a lot in common in that regard  

Except they aren't among the richest most influential people in the world.   That someone in his position has absolute social media brain rot is, not great.  

• Hook 'Em 3

52 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Quick point of order. I believe psychopathology is the study of mental illness, and psychopathy is the actual mental illness. 

6 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Except they aren't among the richest most influential people in the world.   That someone in his position has absolute social media brain rot is, not great.  

I don’t disagree, but that’s a very weird way to define being a traitor to one’s country. 

it’s ok to just acknowledge that that particular accusation is stupid and baseless at this point. It reflects only brain damage to be unable to do so. 

Edited by Anastasis

2 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

I just take it as the same inflammatory rhetoric and hyperbole that Elon spews out on a daily basis.   But both sides Elon with a post on Surly I guess.

You just wrapped a both sides in your both sides deflection. 

it’s ok to just acknowledge that that particular accusation is stupid and baseless at this point.

17 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Quick point of order. I believe psychopathology is the study of mental illness, and psychopathy is the actual mental illness. 

I think that the ology part can also be used when talking descriptively. 

30 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I don’t disagree, but that’s a very weird way to define being a traitor to one’s country. 

it’s ok to just acknowledge that that particular accusation is stupid and baseless at this point. It reflects only brain damage to be unable to do so. 

Actively using a powerful platform to sow discord and promote the viewpoint of a politician that is on the record saying he wants to end elections in this country feels pretty treasonous to me, but you do you.

• Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I’ll do the constitution. While you do empty rhetoric. 

So overturning democracy isn’t treasonous? It’s not empty rhetoric when we have a politician on the record saying he wants to end elections. Or are we just supposed to ignore what candidates for the highest office in the land say?

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, royiv said:

Great post. Appreciate your insight on this topic. It’s a subject that I don’t have the right answer on and your thoughts make a lot of sense to me. I think my head was already moving in the direction of your thoughts, but having you articulate it as you did makes it much easier for me to wrap my head around this issue.

I think a certain section of our society is using this as a wedge issue out of ignorance, stupidity, hate or all of the above. Like many difficult issues, there is a high level of nuance and some people can’t think in non-binary (sort of a double meaning in this case, I guess) terms. Whatever the answer is, it has to be fair (subjective) and based in science (objective). I’m not the person to determine what either of those things are and I salute those that are working to figure it out since inevitably there will be dissension from many.

The politicalization of this issue makes a reasonable, nuanced, well thought out and fair solution for society and those truly impacted virtually impossible. We are headed toward bans or near bans and the issue won’t be looked at again in my lifetime. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

8 hours ago, royiv said:

The thing that grinds my gears the most is that this should be left to the sport's sanctioning body.

There is zero place for legislative bans.  None.  Zilch.  Zero.   That is performative nonsense.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, royiv said:

Actively using a powerful platform to sow discord and promote the viewpoint of a politician that is on the record saying he wants to end elections in this country feels pretty treasonous to me, but you do you.

Kinda sounds like Ana (if you can imagine Surly as being powerful).

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Chopper said:

Holy shit -- the frame breaks while the dude's incel camino is pulling another truck downhill. 

Not to defend that garbage scow, but Isn’t their towing technique kinda shit?

Once they bumped over the first tunnel and the F150 hit the wedge, they jerked both trucks and the cable/chain/strap. A lot of stuff could have gone wrong there. 

Don’t get me wrong, we didn’t see the F150’s hitch, bumper or frame snap. Nor the strap. And the CT did. So I think we found a weak link in there. But I think with better/safer technique, this could be prevented. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Not to defend that garbage scow, but Isn’t their towing technique kinda shit?

Once they bumped over the first tunnel and the F150 hit the wedge, they jerked both trucks and the cable/chain/strap. A lot of stuff could have gone wrong there. 

Don’t get me wrong, we didn’t see the F150’s hitch, bumper or frame snap. Nor the strap. And the CT did. So I think we found a weak link in there. But I think with better/safer technique, this could be prevented. 

That guy gets crazy vehicles and does crazy stuff usually to their destruction on his YouTube channel. No doubt the CT is trash though. 

• Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

If a CT had to make an emergency move while pulling a trailer, it may snap it's own ass off. Did you see how THIN the aluminum frame is??

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I assume some people reflexively follow back any account that follows them. 

Again: Eight out of my last 10 followers have ZERO tweets, are following thousands of accounts, and have a handful of followers ---- and when you go to see the list of those followers, those accounts themselves have no tweets.

Before Elon took over, none of this was ever the case. 

• Hook 'Em 4

https://www.theverge.com/2024/8/2/24212295/x-loses-top-engineer-and-techops-lead

X loses top engineer and techops lead.

Mark Kalman, X’s engineering lead of media, and his second-in-command, Melissa Merencillo, resigned today. They announced their departures in a company Slack channel on the day stocks vest at X, which a source suggests might explain the timing.

This is a big loss for X, the source tells me. Kalman is the main source of knowledge for all things X media infrastructure, and more important than that, he’s good at “handling” Elon Musk.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 hours ago, immamac said:

Such a good watch

Really was. Cybertruck did better and worse than expected, stock ford with 4x4 also better and worse. Lots of fun tho packed into 22 minutes.

2 minutes ago, Covri said:

Really was. Cybertruck did better and worse than expected, stock ford with 4x4 also better and worse. Lots of fun tho packed into 22 minutes.

For those wondering that thumbnail is not photoshopped. 

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Chopper said:

Holy shit -- the frame breaks while the dude's incel camino is pulling another truck downhill. 

In that POS trucks defense, whistlin diesel has never had a single vehicle survive.  Well, the Hilux…until it was dropped from space. 

16 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

In that POS trucks defense, whistlin diesel has never had a single vehicle survive.  Well, the Hilux…until it was dropped from space. 

The F150 stood up better once they replaced the immediately bent drive shaft. The frame weakness is just fucking insane to me, I don't know how they got its towing capacity certified for 11k lbs. That frame was SO THIN, it was closer to an aircraft frame than a shitkickin truck frame

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

The F150 stood up better once they replaced the immediately bent drive shaft. The frame weakness is just fucking insane to me, I don't know how they got its towing capacity certified for 11k lbs. That frame was SO THIN, it was closer to an aircraft frame than a shitkickin truck frame

When he called Tesla and they said is there any alerts in your app and they scrolled through the like 300 I lost it. 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I didn’t watch it. Agree that it shouldn’t have that tow rating.   The 150 would hold up for decades longer, and is also carries an overrated tow capacity - all 1/2 tons do.  People forget towing isn’t Just about moving it forward in perfect conditions. Either way, lol at WD doing work on the CT. There’s now a maroon and white wrapped CT around my area.  How can you make this worse, hold my beer.