Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I didn’t watch it. Agree that it shouldn’t have that tow rating.   The 150 would hold up for decades longer, and is also carries an overrated tow capacity - all 1/2 tons do.  People forget towing isn’t Just about moving it forward in perfect conditions. Either way, lol at WD doing work on the CT. There’s now a maroon and white wrapped CT around my area.  How can you make this worse, hold my beer. 

So worth the watch if you have the time. 

You have any build threads? Been too long since I geeked out to a good build thread

I specialized in the 1979-87 Turbo Buicks (Wet turbo, hot air and intercooled) and I left the field with more ideas on how to unlock performance, some of which were tried by others and others which seemed still to be overlooked. I went the early 70’s Skylark for rehab but that didn’t last long and i had to quit cold turkey and get rid of it too cause I was addicted to modifying.

But back then, we would test parts at the track, not on a butt dyno or magazine. I recall several cars with 1000s of dollars in upgrades that were shit and the cars went slower than stock. Conventional wisdom broke down too from time to time.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Captainant said:

The F150 stood up better once they replaced the immediately bent drive shaft. The frame weakness is just fucking insane to me, I don't know how they got its towing capacity certified for 11k lbs. That frame was SO THIN, it was closer to an aircraft frame than a shitkickin truck frame

Steel will fail due to repeated stress levels ABOVE a threshold. Repeated/cyclic stress levels below that threshold? Steel will last forever (neglect corrosion, etc).

Aluminum fatigue-fails over time, even at very low stress levels, with enough cycles. With good designs, aluminum parts will effectively last forever, but just like everything else on these trucks, the frame us obviously not a good design. 

That frame cross sectional area is so small that relative low loads are going to induce significant stress. Driving inherently induces stress cycling (stop-start, pot holes, etc). These absurdly over-powered razor blades on wheels are going to suddenly become a menace to society in a few years if any portion of them are actually used to tow. 

8.5 second 1/4 mile time is absolutely insane. Race shops spend YEARS and tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars modifying cars like Supras, Lambos, Vipers, whatever, just to touch 8s… knowing what we now know about Tesla build quality, how comfortable are we with these rockets on the road? 

Edited by B00M
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Mark Kalman, X’s engineering lead of media, and his second-in-command, Melissa Merencillo, resigned today. They announced their departures in a company Slack channel on the day stocks vest at X, which a source suggests might explain the timing.

spacer.png

9 hours ago, Captainant said:

If a CT had to make an emergency move while pulling a trailer, it may snap it's own ass off. Did you see how THIN the aluminum frame is??

Especially for a pick-up that's supposed to be in the F250/2500 class.... 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, B00M said:

8.5 second 1/4 mile time is absolutely insane. Race shops spend YEARS and tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars modifying cars like Supras, Lambos, Vipers, whatever, just to touch 8s… knowing what we now know about Tesla build quality, how comfortable are we with these rockets on the road? 

The trucks? Not at all. 

So this kind of shit and these kinds of accounts used to be booted off Twitter for antisemitism and white supremacy bullshit but not anymore.  The whole account (April of 2023) is just post after post of this shit.

Henry Ford would like it.

Spoiler

• Rage+1 3

So this kind of shit and these kinds of accounts used to be booted off Twitter for antisemitism and white supremacy bullshit but not anymore.  The whole account (April of 2023) is just post after post of this shit.
Spoiler

I think I’m glad that I don’t know what any of that means.

41 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Hide contents

has Elon retweeted that yet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

I think I’m glad that I don’t know what any of that means.

The head is from a decades-old racist cartoon used by whites supremacists.  https://www.adl.org/resources/hate-symbol/happy-merchant

Before Elon (B.E. ?), there was a Jewish genealogy account that I followed, and occasionally somebody would toss that image into a comment, but it would get removed and/or the account was dealt with in some way - the account could block unwanted accounts, but you can’t block unwanted followers anymore.

And that was a tame example - there’s much worse accounts trolling the shit out of the current events/news accounts on Twitter over the Iran/Israel stuff.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, immamac said:

So worth the watch if you have the time. 

I will. I’ve been watching that kid since he was doing dumb shit to his daily driver, and repairing it between videos.   He catches a lot of flak because his entire schtick is trashing things to troll people.  But for years he’s done it while telling people it’s dumb to care so much about material possessions.  You could tell he genuinely believed that. Getting rich off of trolling people in the comments was one helluva a perk. A lot of the folks he collaborates with say he’s very genuine. He’s let guys that stole his stuff off without pressing charges, and only asking for an apology, offered them some $$ if they they needed it instead of further stealing, etc. 

• Drool 1

On 8/3/2024 at 2:55 PM, atomheartbevo said:

US Army came up with effective birth control for men decades ago.

il_1588xN.1436222968_bjqc.jpg

True dat, but they make great sports glasses for stopping impact. My pair stopped a stick that a friend was idly swinging around like a broadsword, just bounced the damn thing off.

4 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I will. I’ve been watching that kid since he was doing dumb shit to his daily driver, and repairing it between videos.   He catches a lot of flak because his entire schtick is trashing things to troll people.  But for years he’s done it while telling people it’s dumb to care so much about material possessions.  You could tell he genuinely believed that. Getting rich off of trolling people in the comments was one helluva a perk. A lot of the folks he collaborates with say he’s very genuine. He’s let guys that stole his stuff off without pressing charges, and only asking for an apology, offered them some $$ if they they needed it instead of further stealing, etc. 

I need to steal that dude's stuff.

On 8/3/2024 at 8:37 AM, Captain Ron said:

Not to defend that garbage scow, but Isn’t their towing technique kinda shit?

Once they bumped over the first tunnel and the F150 hit the wedge, they jerked both trucks and the cable/chain/strap. A lot of stuff could have gone wrong there. 

Don’t get me wrong, we didn’t see the F150’s hitch, bumper or frame snap. Nor the strap. And the CT did. So I think we found a weak link in there. But I think with better/safer technique, this could be prevented. 

Cant Speak Nathan Fillion GIF

On 8/3/2024 at 9:39 AM, immamac said:

Such a good watch

Damn, that is a good watch, I am glad I watched the whole thing. That is a great video. And I retract my statement from above.

I will say this - it's almost like they did everything they needed to to make the best truck they could - and then they cheaped out in every way possible. Watching that video it's kind of sad, because you realize that they have the guts of a really good truck, but they don't have the body of a damn good truck. They have a truck that can be damn good, but then they have it in a body that can snap in half at any moment. It's kind of sad. You see that F150 - gets bested all over the place - but it doesn't fall apart (ok there was the axle thing). While the CT just falls apart left and right. Kind of pathetic.

I even went back and watch bits and pieces of the Hilux episode - damn Toyota makes a beast of those.

While looking through YouTube I came upon this video by Brownlee - it's almost a year old now, which means that we are almost 7 years from when we first saw the Roadster 2.0 (Nov 2017). But man it really shows what Tesla really should be doing. Make the Cybertruck - fine, do that. But they should really be making the best EV cars they can. This is a work of art and it blows away every Tesla on the market. I just don't get why they aren't working on making their production better, more efficient and modular and then cranking out cars that people really do want.

Then again their CEO spends on time on Twitter than he does in a Tesla plant I would assume.

• Drool 1

While looking through YouTube I came upon this video by Brownlee - it's almost a year old now, which means that we are almost 7 years from when we first saw the Roadster 2.0 (Nov 2017). But man it really shows what Tesla really should be doing. Make the Cybertruck - fine, do that. But they should really be making the best EV cars they can. This is a work of art and it blows away every Tesla on the market. I just don't get why they aren't working on making their production better, more efficient and modular and then cranking out cars that people really do want.

Then again their CEO spends on time on Twitter than he does in a Tesla plant I would assume.

You’ve spotted something. Psychotic, narcissist leadership can take your business to some shitty places.

Secretaries of state urge Musk to fix AI chatbot spreading false election info

Amy GardnerAugust 4, 2024 at 9:37 p.m. EDT

Elon Musk launched Grok last year as an anti-"woke" chatbot. (Elizabeth Frantz for The Washington Post)

Five secretaries of state plan to send an open letter to billionaire Elon Musk on Monday, urging him to “immediately implement changes” to X’s AI chatbot Grok, after it shared with millions of users false information suggesting that Kamala Harris was not eligible to appear on the 2024 presidential ballot.

The letter, spearheaded by Minnesota Secretary of State Steve Simon and signed by his counterparts Al Schmidt of Pennsylvania, Steve Hobbs of Washington, Jocelyn Benson of Michigan and Maggie Toulouse Oliver of New Mexico, urges Musk to “immediately implement changes to X’s AI search assistant, Grok, to ensure voters have accurate information in this critical election year.”

• Like 1

Again y’all should watch the world’s smallest truck episode I posted at the top of the page to watch an inexpensive electric truck take a beating better than the CT did. That monster truck only shows up at the end, episode title is kind of misleading. 

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

But seriously - we just don’t get these kids. This whole online engagement thing etc. it’s weird. 

Let me tell you about this kid out of Houston whose YouTube channel has over 45 billion views and he (his parents) are earning over $30 million a year.

Oh, and the kid makes money opening toys on YouTube.  Just pulling toys out of boxes and playing with them for a few minutes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan's_World

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/08/04/elon-musk-pac-investigated-michigan.html

A political action committee backed by billionaire Elon Musk is being investigated by the Michigan secretary of state’s office amid efforts to collect voter data.

The committee has been acquiring detailed voter information from those living in Michigan and other battleground states after people submit their personal data through a section on the PAC’s website that says “register to vote.”

After clicking on the “register to vote” tab on America PAC’s website, users in states like Michigan can submit a ZIP code, address and phone number. People with a Michigan address are brought to a page that says “thank you” and asks users to “complete the form below” to help wrap up the voter registration process. As of Sunday afternoon, though, there was no other form to complete below the words “thank you.”

“Every citizen should know exactly how their personal information is being used by PACs, especially if an entity is claiming it will help people register to vote in Michigan or any other state,” a spokeswoman for the Michigan secretary of state’s office said in a statement to CNBC.

“While the America PAC is a federal political action committee, the Department is reviewing their activities to determine if there have been any violations of state law. We will refer potential violations to the Michigan Attorney General’s office as appropriate,” the spokeswoman added.

A spokesman for the America PAC declined to comment. Musk did not return emails seeking comment.

• Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 4

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

Man mostly unrelated but who was the poster who died in a high speed crash with a girl like… 13 years ago or something?

It was a Porsche Panamera, I can remember that detail. But not the poster's name.