Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Still funny as fuck to watch a dude defend to his dying breath "self drive" features that he has to pay a monthly fee for that isn't even better than the adaptive cruise and lane keep assist in my car.

Vince Vaughn GIF

Glad you are amused, but I don’t pay monthly subscription.  I paid the fixed price upfront.  And it’s significantly more capable than TACC and lane-keeping.  It will navigate point to point with zero driver intervention. 

• Haha 3

It’s practically righteous to hate Elon. It’s ok to critique Tesla’s approach to autonomous driving tech. But it’s also ok to acknowledge currently that their tech is waaaay better than lane keep assist y’all. It’s not even in the same ballpark.

• Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, YChang said:

It’s practically righteous to hate Elon. It’s ok to critique Tesla’s approach to autonomous driving tech. But it’s also ok to acknowledge currently that their tech is waaaay better than lane keep assist y’all. It’s not even in the same ballpark.

I’m just glad my FIL has it on both his cars (Tesla and Ford) because driving to the airport with him earlier was terrifying. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

image.thumb.png.fab26b49c70aae5987533ded36758bf7.png

This is so damn stupid for him to post. He is one of the richest men in the world. He controls one of the platforms of discourse. He provides internet access to millions. He produces cars, rockets, etc.

And in each of these movies the bad guys were the ones that controlled the resources, money and media.

That's exactly why he posted it. Self awareness is his super power you pleb!

On 8/8/2024 at 9:20 AM, Captain Ron said:

I would argue that the bulk of legal scholars seem to think this case doesn't have legs. This piece has some really choice quotes

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/elon-musk-twitter-advertisers-lawsuit-joke-1235074957/

They did note that Xitter has strengthened their hand with a few selections (emphasis mine)

I couldn't easily figure out who sits in WF, so thanks for that.  

This would seem to be an accusation of a group boycott, collective or collusive action by a group of market participants that injures/reduces competition.  I don't know what the realistic standard of proof is.  As brisket points out, advertisers don't need to collude to decide Elmo is a cunt and his platform is shit and they don't want to do business with them as a result.  This GARM outfit apparently encouraged just that, but I don't think it was an actual agreement, I.e. to be a member of GARM you cannot advertise on xitters.  The closer there is to a formal agreement to collude, the better the case, but the agreement can be implicit.

Boycotts apparently are judged under the "rule of reason," meaning a substantial business justification for engaging in collusive behavior will usually avoid liability.  So, between that and the First Amendment, this would seem to be pretty frail.

Ironically, historically, a conservative-type judge would blow most antitrust suits out of the water because they are business-unfriendly and hard to prove anyway.  Just shows how unprincipled Trump/Musk conservativism is these days.

Musk has some apparently real antitrust lawyers on the case.https://www.kressinmeador.com/  But he also has a former Texas assistant Solicitor General with offices in Cedar Hill on the case.  https://www.the-sl-lawfirm.com/jcsullivan Super christofascist. Probably doesn't know jackshit about antitrust law.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Jesus fucking Christ. The richest man in the country, who is heavily subsidized by the U.S. Government, thinks that he's in the resistance. Just because you dorks consider yourselves "red-pilled" doesn't mean that you're fucking Neo.

Well if being on the side of bigots, assholes, racists, misogynists, homophobes, and transphobes is being the "resistance" then I guess that's Mr. Apartheid. 

Again, in 2018, the bitch was "virtue signaling" with Pride month stuff about Tesla. Then Covid broke his brain like so many others. 

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

Article apparently coming out tomorrow about SpaceX polluting in Brownsville.

Hearings begin next week on the company's request to increase the number of launches there, too. https://www.borderreport.com/news/environment/faa-holding-public-hearings-on-spacex-request-to-increase-launches-on-south-texas-border/

image.png.817a4574efe5bfda48445b497ad87dd9.png

So, gonna move SpaceX and Tesla headquarters to Matamoros?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

Again, in 2018, the bitch was "virtue signaling" with Pride month stuff about Tesla. Then Covid broke his brain like so many others. 

It really is wild.  The sociological studies about the Covid era in 50 years are going to be nuts.

Edited by Biff Tannen
and I mean in a "humans are broken, stupid, sad beings" way, not "gosh, covid was hard"

1 minute ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I just don't understand people who would pay $40K for that, let alone $100K.  That's so fucking stupid. 

I had  a buddy that bought a Model S fairly early on, and I was pretty impressed with that car from the start. Shit seemed to work, it looked great, and it was fast as fuck. Seemed well worth the money.

The Cybertruck OTOH might be the biggest piece of crap foisted on the public in decades. The sheer volume of defects along with the incidents of all the CTs bricking themselves within the  first week of delivery is hilarious. I'm sure they will bury the true number in their financials and never break it out, but I would love to know how much Tesla is spending on maintenance/warranty claims. The true margins on that  shit-bucket must be horrendous.

• Hook 'Em 1