Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

Just 2 out of 11 sample wtf moments from Character Limit

An Outgoing Employee Gives Musk His Honest Opinion

Musk isn’t too forgiving of employees who criticize him — or give him answers he doesn’t like — as many episodes in the book illustrate. In one case, he was enraged about a decline in engagement on his tweets, and abruptly fired an engineer who suggested that the public’s interest in him had fallen off since the Twitter acquisition closed several months prior. But another employee, a data scientist who had already made up his mind to resign after turning over memos on how to run Twitter more effectively, was even more blunt with Musk. He explained that he had been excited about the takeover but was disheartened when, just weeks later, Musk shared blatant partisan misinformation about an assault by a home intruder on then House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband Paul Pelosi. “It’s only really like the tenth percentile of the adult population who’d be gullible enough to fall for this,” the employee told Musk, who shot back, “Fuck you!” The departing data scientist left him with a piece of advice: “I hope you’ll declare bankruptcy and let someone else run the company.”

When Musk Learned What Twitter Users Thought of Him

Following a series of disastrous policy changes, Musk decided to hold an informal performance review for himself using one of his favorite Twitter tools: the polling feature. “Should I step down as head of Twitter? I will abide by the results of this poll,” he tweeted in December 2022 before embarking on a flight from Qatar to London. When he landed, he found that “57.5 percent of the more than 17.5 million accounts that had voted were calling for him to resign.” Between this rejection and the plummeting value of Tesla stock, Musk became withdrawn and unresponsive, with those who did manage to talk to him worrying that he was “in the throes of a manic event.” Speaking with on confidante, “Musk choked up and began to doubt his ability to run the company” in light of the poll results, saying, “I’m never going to recover from this.” He would, of course, go on to hire Linda Yaccarino as a replacement CEO in the new year — though as anyone still active on the site that soon became X will tell you, it continues to reflect his worst impulses and warped worldview.

image.thumb.png.f2d8d809888f33fffb0dfb4f654cdc05.png

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/how-elon-musk-destroyed-twitter-wtf-character-limit-book-1235099284/

edit - they put it behind the pw after I linked it. Here's a unpw'd link https://archive.ph/u5qcI (don't tell tony it's here, thx)

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

8 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

image.thumb.png.024aa377076db851c122d3a9c084e3f6.png

Gift link to the article here - https://www.nytimes.com/2024/09/13/technology/elon-musk-security.html?unlocked_article_code=1.LU4._9QJ.JjyiMJ5_LzSj&smid=url-share

I recommend reading the whole thing, but some choice paragraphs (emphasis mine):

It really outlines that the guy is a very very sad, pathetic and lonely man.

spacer.png

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, MrBig said:

IMG_7416.gif.1b5616bcf96a148c1f22e39aae574bd2.gif

We’re at this point in the movie with Elon. 

World's richest man spends his days and nights in fear.

I'd laugh if it's not just the constant need to be tweeting at all hours of the day to get the likes from 12 year-old incels, but the paranoia that's keeping him awake at night.

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

World's richest man spends his days and nights in fear.

I'd laugh if it's not just the constant need to be tweeting at all hours of the day to get the likes from 12 year-old incels, but the paranoia that's keeping him awake at night.

Don't forget all those likes from bots. he feeds off the energy of bots. Their love means a lot to him, since he does not get it from his kids.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, royiv said:

Say what? 

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/17/business/elon-musk-richest-person-trillionaire/index.html

TL;DR - this group estimated that his weath is increasing at a certain rate, so he will be a trillionaire by 2027.

I have to say that their math is a little wonky, they basically have his net worth doubling per year with little reason beyond THAT as why he would hit the mark. When you look at reasons why his financials have increased, the main reasons have been primarily increased compensation, not an increasing stock price. So I find the doubling of his money dubious.

This isn't to say it won't happen, but their math seems very generous.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/17/business/elon-musk-richest-person-trillionaire/index.html

TL;DR - this group estimated that his weath is increasing at a certain rate, so he will be a trillionaire by 2027.

I have to say that their math is a little wonky, they basically have his net worth doubling per year with little reason beyond THAT as why he would hit the mark. When you look at reasons why his financials have increased, the main reasons have been primarily increased compensation, not an increasing stock price. So I find the doubling of his money dubious.

This isn't to say it won't happen, but their math seems very generous.

quite possibly the stupidest "analysis" ever published from whatever the fuck "informa connect academy" is.

https://informaconnect.com/academy/companies-entering-trillion-dollar-club-in-2024/

No one in the world has claimed trillionaire status – at least not yet. However, there are some likely candidates. The following are multi-billionaires who will probably become trillionaires sooner or later.

lulz. the fact that this gets turned into "elon musk is about to become a trillionaire" on here is a perfect microcosm of how idiotic our media and media consumption has become.

eta: their analysis was so careful and precise that they list musk's 2024 net worth to be 1.195 trillion already on their table even though they say he's three years away. awesome work.

Edited by sidis
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

He's only got 1 gear these days. All histrionics, all the time.

GXw7zaLXkAAYyvN?format=jpg&name=medium

When he posts shit like this, my first thought is "what the fuck did he do, because that sounds like a man scared that he might need a federal pardon."

My second thought is somebody going down the road to Howardhughesville.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

When he posts shit like this, my first thought is "what the fuck did he do, because that sounds like a man scared that he might need a federal pardon."

My second thought is somebody going down the road to Howardhughesville.

Yeah, I just think it's the 2nd one there. He's red pilled himself so bad he can't help it anymore, his brain has been on purée for so long it's just leaking out of his ears. 

• Hook 'Em 2

52 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I don't want to google "babyfur" in anyway, do I?

3 minutes ago, Parliament said:

You do not.

Hide contents

Grown men dressing as and acting like babies.

2 minutes ago, elfenix said:

was that not self explanatory?

So I did google it - it's FURRIES that dress up as babies.

• Haha 1