Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

5 hours ago, AnTiM said:

Great, the drug lords will give him a fortune for doing business in their front yard.  Ole!

And he can build a tunnel so him and staff do not have to live among the brown people. They can have San Musk on the Mexico side and Muskville on the US side. No one is allowed out. Resupplies via SpaceX from food grown on mars.

All coming together.

If you really wanted to Colonize Mars, you would likely need to build a support space station between the earth and moon, in order to minimize the gravitational forces from which to depart from.   The Moon has some fantastic resources in its soil (H3) which could be captured and ilmenite (FeTiO2) which can be harnessed as a resource for structure building as well as a potential water/O2 resource in a bed reactor.   Launching a bunch of shit off from earth is what we have to do now, but this is not suitable for sustained transport.   

• Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Elon posts a novel on Twitter to essentially state that if Harris wins, he won't be sending stuff to Mars:

You know, I gotta give him credit here. He might have found the right play.

He might see the writing on the wall of where politics are going. He also knows that making it to Mars in the next 2 yesrs is likely not possible. So blame your impending failure on a likely outcome and ... profit?

Also the Daily Beast has an article up on this, no clue on the quality of the article.  

https://www.thedailybeast.com/elon-musk-says-if-kamala-harris-wins-humanity-will-never-reach-mars

But this picture ... concerning.

image.thumb.png.bed23c5b65d2206cf66aba93f1ab4e78.png

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Quoting this only because it's about Twitter.

Twitter just lost their first arbitration case related to unpaid severance. There are more than 2,000 of these cases pending. These are costs that Twitter is going to be on the hook for. It could be pretty significant.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-09-23/ex-twitter-worker-wins-musk-layoff-pay-fight-memo-says

image.thumb.png.2d0825d339bb7f555ffa4f6fd93a6c4c.png

EDIT - Just saw this updated post from the guy that wrote that, exactly what "full severance" is in this case:

image.png.bc677399dcde6d98e4eb8f23d8d900d0.png

Isn't equity vesting in a private company with no hope of those shares ever being purchased cost Twitter nothing? Just print of some stock options like printing dollars and saying "here ya go" with a slap on the back?

"FSD is suspect" is quite an understatement. Looking forward to many spectacular robotaxi crashes, hopefully with Elmo as a passenger.

image.thumb.png.4c0efcc8e93a6d277675d157d20a4ea3.png

Weeks out from Robotaxi unveiling, overall performance of Tesla's camera-enabled, autonomous-driving software is suspect.

LOS ANGELES, Sept. 24, 2024 /PRNewswire/ -- After what is likely the most extensive real-world test of Tesla's FSD ever conducted by an independent third party – covering more than 1000 miles (1610 km) – AMCI Testing's result demonstrates just how far Tesla must go before Robotaxi operations can be safely undertaken. AMCI Testing's evaluation was based exclusively on Tesla's latest software iterations, 12.5.1 and 12.5.3, with time spent across four distinct driving environments: city streets, rural two-lane highways, mountain roads and freeways.

While impressive for a uniquely camera-based system, AMCI testing's evaluation of Tesla FSD exposed how often human intervention was required for safe operation. In fact, our drivers had to intervene over 75 times during the evaluation; an average of once every 13 miles. " With all hands-free augmented driving systems, and even more so with driverless autonomous vehicles, there is a compact of trust between the technology and the public. When this technology is offered the public is largely unaware of the caveats (such as monitor or supervise) and the tech considered empirically foolproof. Getting close to foolproof, yet falling short, creates an insidious and unsafe operator complacency issue as proven in the test results," said David Stokols, CEO of AMCI Testing's parent company, AMCI Global. " Although it positively impresses in some circumstances, you simply cannot reliably rely on the accuracy or reasoning behind its responses."

AMCI Testing has just dropped the first round in a series of test-video releases intended to demonstrate the complex issues of trust and performance that FSD poses to drivers and the public. These and future videos can be seen at www.amcitesting.com/teslafsd 

" It's undeniable that FSD 12.5.1 is impressive, for the vast array of human-like responses it does achieve, especially for a camera-based system," said Guy Mangiamele, Director of AMCI Testing. " But its seeming infallibility in anyone's first five minutes of FSD operation breeds a sense of awe that unavoidably leads to dangerous complacency. When drivers are operating with FSD engaged, driving with their hands in their laps or away from the steering wheel is incredibly dangerous. As you will see in the videos, the most critical moments of FSD miscalculation are split-second events that even professional drivers, operating with a test mindset, must focus on catching."

AMCI Testing found that the more miles you drive with FSD engaged, the more likely you are to encounter these failure modes.

"What's most disconcerting and unpredictable is that you may watch FSD successfully negotiate a specific scenario many times – often on the same stretch of road or intersection – only to have it inexplicably fail the next time," Mangiamele continued. "Whether it's a lack of computing power, an issue with buffering as the car gets "behind" on calculations, or some small detail of surrounding assessment, it's impossible to know. These failures are the most insidious. But there are also continuous failures of simple programming inadequacy, such as only starting lane changes toward a freeway exit a scant tenth of a mile before the exit itself, that handicaps the system, and casts doubt on the overall quality of its base programming."

Next week, we will release another round of videos to further illustrate the real-world capabilities of FSD (Supervised). AMCI Testing will continue to evaluate subsequent iterations of Tesla's FSD as they become available. Go to www.amcitesting.com to sign up to receive updates as they occur.

About AMCI Testing

AMCI Testing is an independent automotive research firm, specializing in unbiased, exclusive, comparative evaluations of automotive products since 1984. The breadth of our testing includes ICE, HEV, PHEV, BEV, FCEV powertrains and every facet of measurement and product category. AMCI Testing Certification is recognized globally as an industry gold standard

insert gif :elon furiously tweeting in passenger of robotaxi as it smashes into a concrete barrier at 60 mph:

Edited by Chopper
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

"What's most disconcerting and unpredictable is that you may watch FSD successfully negotiate a specific scenario many times – often on the same stretch of road or intersection – only to have it inexplicably fail the next time," Mangiamele continued. "Whether it's a lack of computing power, an issue with buffering as the car gets "behind" on calculations, or some small detail of surrounding assessment, it's impossible to know. These failures are the most insidious. But there are also continuous failures of simple programming inadequacy, such as only starting lane changes toward a freeway exit a scant tenth of a mile before the exit itself, that handicaps the system, and casts doubt on the overall quality of its base programming."

So FSD is just as shitty as half the drivers on Houston freeways?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, royiv said:

"Whether it's a lack of computing power, an issue with buffering as the car gets "behind" on calculations, or some small detail of surrounding assessment, it's impossible to know.

Well.....that's a comforting proposition.  "Hey, my FSD Tesla, please come to a stop from our current 75 mph speed because traffic is at a full stop right up ahead!"

Response from FSD Tesla:

loading-buffering.gif

• Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Well.....that's a comforting proposition.  "Hey, my FSD Tesla, please come to a stop from our current 75 mph speed because traffic is at a full stop right up ahead!"

Response from FSD Tesla:

loading-buffering.gif

insert gif :elon furiously tweeting in passenger of robotaxi as it smashes into a concrete barrier at 60 mph:

• Hook 'Em 1

So Leon is pushing a lot more shit into a lot more peoples' feeds (and they are bitching that blocking him does nothing). I see it on the account I only use to read Ukrainian stuff - I keep getting notifications for bullshit that Leon wants promoted, even though I don't go near any of those peoples' feeds, or even follow stuff in their area of interest.

• Hook 'Em 3

14 hours ago, Parliament said:

War criminal.

IMG_4508.png

So starlink is active in Ukraine, recently occupied Ukraine, but not in Crimea or Russia proper right? Russia is using shell companies to acquire starlinks and setting them up in occupied Ukraine to attack Ukraine … Ukraine uses it in the other direction … I hate musk but what am I missing? How should he prevent this? 

Edited by B00M

16 minutes ago, B00M said:

So starlink is active in Ukraine, recently occupied Ukraine, but not in Crimea or Russia proper right? Russia is using shell companies to acquire starlinks and setting them up in occupied Ukraine to attack Ukraine … Ukraine uses it in the other direction … I hate musk but what am I missing? How should he prevent this? 

If I take my parent’s Starlink dish & terminal, I can’t just use it anywhere. They “know” it’s not in its home area. There were stories early on of people moving them less than 100 feet and they would deactivate for being moved to a new address. This tech is all geo-located. It shouldn’t be hard to mark all of Russia a restricted area. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, B00M said:

If a satellite dish is moving at 100mph+ overland russia towards Ukraine.... It shouldn't take you more than one guess what russia is doing with it

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

It shouldn’t be hard to mark all of Russia a restricted area. 

I think it is? It sure is on starlinks website. 

40 minutes ago, Captainant said:

If a satellite dish is moving at 100mph+ overland (occupied Ukraine) towards Ukraine.... It shouldn't take you more than one guess what russia is doing with it

Fixed? AFAIK it won’t work in Russia’s recognized borders. Does Ukraine use starlink on recon drones that back and forth over the eastern front lines? Surely there’s some nuance here 

Edited by B00M

7 minutes ago, B00M said:

Fixed? AFAIK it won’t work in Russia’s recognized borders. Does Ukraine use starlink on recon drones that back and forth over the eastern front lines? Surely there’s some nuance here 

Ah I didn't realize it was exclusively in the stolen regions of Ukraine, and yeah AFU has used starlink to guide drones in for attacks on orks in Ukraine. Sure, there's nuance, but I really cannot give the benefit of the doubt to elmo when he has been frequently anti-Ukraine and happily holds the door open for russian propaganda campaigns

Listen to this, it talks about this as a whole and gives you a lot of info of what Russia has been doing

26 minutes ago, B00M said:

I think it is? It sure is on starlinks website. 

You can't activate Starlink in the borders of russia (and they the russian government has banned it). But if the dish is activated outside of russia and you move it into russia, it will work. When this was reported on, Elon gave "the cop out answer

• Hook 'Em 1

What a whiny little bitch. Last line. "Let me say what I want and maybe I will give you some money."

The world's richest person, Elon Musk, has hit back after not being invited to the UK government's International Investment Summit.

He was not invited due to his social media posts during last month’s riots, the BBC understands.

"I don’t think anyone should go to the UK when they’re releasing convicted pedophiles in order to imprison people for social media posts," Mr Musk claimed on X.

Earlier this month, the government released some prisoners to reduce prison overcrowding, but no people serving sentences for sex offences were included.

Following disorder and rioting across the UK in August, some people were jailed for encouraging unrest on social media.

Violence spread across the country after a stabbing attack in Southport, in which three children attending a dance class were killed. At the time, Mr Musk posted on X, formerly Twitter, predicting civil war in the UK and repeatedly attacking the prime minister.

The summit in October is the key moment that PM Sir Keir Starmer hopes will attract tens of billions of pounds in inward funding for business from the world’s biggest investors.

Mr Musk was invited to last year's event but did not attend. However, he took a starring role in November's AI Summit, including a fireside chat with then-PM Rishi Sunak.

The government declined to comment on the tech entrepreneur not being invited to the summit and the billionaire's backlash to the decision.

But Jeremy Hunt, the former Conservative chancellor and now the shadow chancellor, told the BBC it was a "big loss" not to have Mr Musk at the summit.

"He told me last year he was planning a new car plant in Europe and had not decided where but the UK was a candidate," Mr Hunt claimed.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c756d56d2dro

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

What a whiny little bitch. Last line. "Let me say what I want and maybe I will give you some money."

The world's richest person, Elon Musk, has hit back after not being invited to the UK government's International Investment Summit.

He was not invited due to his social media posts during last month’s riots, the BBC understands.

"I don’t think anyone should go to the UK when they’re releasing convicted pedophiles in order to imprison people for social media posts," Mr Musk claimed on X.

Earlier this month, the government released some prisoners to reduce prison overcrowding, but no people serving sentences for sex offences were included.

Following disorder and rioting across the UK in August, some people were jailed for encouraging unrest on social media.

Violence spread across the country after a stabbing attack in Southport, in which three children attending a dance class were killed. At the time, Mr Musk posted on X, formerly Twitter, predicting civil war in the UK and repeatedly attacking the prime minister.

The summit in October is the key moment that PM Sir Keir Starmer hopes will attract tens of billions of pounds in inward funding for business from the world’s biggest investors.

Mr Musk was invited to last year's event but did not attend. However, he took a starring role in November's AI Summit, including a fireside chat with then-PM Rishi Sunak.

The government declined to comment on the tech entrepreneur not being invited to the summit and the billionaire's backlash to the decision.

But Jeremy Hunt, the former Conservative chancellor and now the shadow chancellor, told the BBC it was a "big loss" not to have Mr Musk at the summit.

"He told me last year he was planning a new car plant in Europe and had not decided where but the UK was a candidate," Mr Hunt claimed.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c756d56d2dro

They ought to invite him...

And then immediately arrest him upon touchdown for inciting violence.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Free speach absolutionist ... 30% of the time

https://www.status.news/p/elon-musk-government-censorship

While the [...] billionaire and X owner publicly professes to be a free speech proponent, his actions tell an entirely different story. Not only does Musk often bow to government pressure, he complies with removal requests far more often than not.

That’s according to a transparency report that X published on Wednesday. The report indicated that, under Musk’s supposedly pro-free speech leadership, X obeyed government demands in more than 70% of cases to remove content during the first half of 2024. That figure represents a staggering 20% increase from the last time the social media company published a transparency report, which was in 2021 when it was governed by leadership Musk has portrayed as pro-censorship.

Bummer that much of the article is behind a subscription wall, but this really is damning, IMHO.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Free speach absolutionist ... 30% of the time

https://www.status.news/p/elon-musk-government-censorship

Bummer that much of the article is behind a subscription wall, but this really is damning, IMHO.

I suspect that he complies with 99% of the requests from authoritarian and/or fascist states (because he likes and agrees with them), and less than half of the requests from non-authoritarian states.

Elon is a garden-variety fascist.  He tries to dress it up, which does fool the rubes, but he's just a generic piece of shit like we've seen countless times before.  He just happens to have billions of dollars.  If he didn't, he'd be that toad who works in IT who listens to Rogan all day and who everyone hates having to talk to for even a millisecond.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1