Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

6 minutes ago, Parliament said:

I hadta go to his Twitter to make sure that wasn’t fake.

It isn’t fake.

Anytime somebody I know mentions that Leon seems smart, I tell them to go read all of his Twitter posts for a few days and come back and say that with a straight face.

Lately, Musk seems like more of a nut case than usual about certain topics, which makes me wonder what numbers he’s seeing,

• Hook 'Em 4

Ah, so all the dog and cat eating Haitians going to Ohio makes sense now. It's not immigrants, here legally, trying to start a life by taking jobs in dying parts of the Rust Belt that are being abandoned by long time residents. It's instead all a conspiracy to get Haitians fast track citizenship so they can vote for Democrats in swing states. 

Edited by mdmost

2 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

image.thumb.png.4d1afe2cdb9dfdae0caee021d7a5e958.png

I guessed they missed all of the social media posts showing National Guard and Army helicopters (and Coast Guard) picking up people including the folks that were on top of the hospital.

I'm honestly surprised that Leon doesn't start shutting down more trending stuff that goes against his worldview.

• Hook 'Em 3

79%

https://techcrunch.com/2024/09/29/fidelity-has-cut-xs-value-by-79-since-musk-purchase/

Elon Musk’s X is now worth less than a quarter of its $44 billion purchase price, according to a new estimate from investor Fidelity. 

The asset manager, which helped Musk acquire the social network formerly known as Twitter, now values its stake in X at approximately $4.19 million, based on newly released disclosures from Fidelity’s Blue Chip Growth Fund. The fund has reduced the value of its holding in X by a total of 78.7% as of August end.

For context, Fidelity had initially invested $19.66 million in X through the Blue Chip Fund, as per regulatory filings. This isn’t the first time Fidelity has cut the value of its holding in X. As of July’s end, Fidelity had valued its shares in X at about $5.5 million.

This 78.7% markdown implies that Fidelity is currently valuing X at about $9.4 billion overall. Fidelity and X didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment outside of business hours.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, tbone_ said:

It’s like there’s a race now among the magas to see who can say and post the most absolute ridiculous shit possible. As if there’s some sort of massive prize for being the one who spews something so ridiculous that nothing more ridiculous can ever be spewed.

Rudy played this stupid game and took home a bag of stupid prizes. 

Edited by Born to Run
  • Hook 'Em 3

On 9/26/2024 at 7:47 PM, bolverk said:

A) I'd like to know a more detailed definition of an "information request " because it ain't the same as a "removal request."

B) That "All Others" bucket includes a whole lot of countries that I'd like to see broken out, like Russia, China, India, etc.

I think what this is referring to is subpoenas, mostly.

Survive massive flooding? Check

Still have power? Check

Car catches on fire? Check

Home surveillance video shows the moment a Tesla vehicle became engulfed in flames inside a flooded garage in Florida during Hurricane Helene.

The family, who made it out of the home safely, told a local news station that it took only a few minutes for the home to be destroyed by the fire.

https://www.bbc.com/news/videos/c2dpnpe1jjeo

• Fuck Around and Find Out 5

7 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Survive massive flooding? Check

Still have power? Check

Car catches on fire? Check

Home surveillance video shows the moment a Tesla vehicle became engulfed in flames inside a flooded garage in Florida during Hurricane Helene.

The family, who made it out of the home safely, told a local news station that it took only a few minutes for the home to be destroyed by the fire.

https://www.bbc.com/news/videos/c2dpnpe1jjeo

Most all of us here mock Tesla for one reason or another, but this isn't a Tesla issue---it's a saltwater/EV issue:

https://jalopnik.com/here-s-why-saltwater-can-cause-evs-to-burst-into-flames-1851661140

Saltwater poses an especially serious risk to electric vehicle batteries because salt conducts electricity. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has been researching this phenomenon since EVs started catching fire following Hurricane Sandy in 2012, but quantifying the issue has proven challenging. Freshwater flooding in California hasn’t caused the same frequency of EV fires that Florida has seen in the wake of several hurricanes over the past decade, and researchers believe saltwater is to blame. According to the Associated Press:

Electric vehicles with lithium ion batteries can catch fire if the batteries short circuit and start to heat up. Tom Barth with the National Transportation Safety Board said that if the heat starts to spread between different cells in the battery back it can cause a chain reaction called thermal runaway.

“If the saltwater is able to bridge the gap between the positive and negative terminals of battery, then it can cause a short circuit,” said Barth, who is chief of the special investigations branch of the NTSB’s office of highway safety.

Carmakers do design their batteries to try to prevent this problem. There are often separations or insulation barriers between different cells in the battery pack, and manufacturers take steps to keep moisture out. But they do have to include ways for the batteries to vent heat.

“Where it begins to be a problem is if you have the batteries submerged in standing water. That’s where it starts to overcome the moisture seals in the battery,” Barth said.

The damage caused by submerging an EV in saltwater does not disappear once the water recedes. Sometimes EVs that have been submerged in saltwater can catch fire long after the water evaporates since the conductive salt is still present. Following Hurricane Ian, it’s estimated that 5,000 EVs were compromised by water and 36 of them caught fire. Not every EV that’s submerged will catch fire, but it’s important to heed warnings since EV fires are so difficult to extinguish. Florida currently faces elevated risk of these fires due to Hurricane Helene’s storm surge that caused ocean water to flood some areas as deep as 20 feet. If your EV has been compromised by flooding of any sort, park your vehicle away from anything combustible until it can be inspected by a professional.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Most all of us here mock Tesla for one reason or another, but this isn't a Tesla issue---it's a saltwater/EV issue:

https://jalopnik.com/here-s-why-saltwater-can-cause-evs-to-burst-into-flames-1851661140

So don't park Tesla near ocean that may flood, like during a hurricane. Got it. Thanks.

They need a sticker saying not for resale in the Gulf Coast or tidal areas of the Carolinas. I guess encasing them in removable plastic would not work? Like the navy does with their small water drones? 

20 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

So don't park Tesla near ocean that may flood, like during a hurricane. Got it. Thanks.

They need a sticker saying not for resale in the Gulf Coast or tidal areas of the Carolinas. I guess encasing them in removable plastic would not work? Like the navy does with their small water drones? 

I mean, if a car floods that shit is totalled. Sure, you may get it to fire up no problem after it dries out, but that thing is a ticking time bomb of corrosion eating into some wiring harness or ECU. Gremlin city

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Mittens said:

How fucking perfect would this be?  The rubes getting taken to the cleaners by the con artist.

Disappointing, overpriced, and circular is something we’ve gotten good at via coaching searches.  And this is a steal at a cost of about 4 Jimbo buyouts. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Did tweets get way worse at loading for anybody else recently? I don't have an account anymore so it's been a shit show for a while now if I ever wanted to see a thread unfold, but now most of this shit isn't even loading in this page and if I try to click through it fails and just looks like a bad photo embed.

5 minutes ago, BearMace said:

Did tweets get way worse at loading for anybody else recently? I don't have an account anymore so it's been a shit show for a while now if I ever wanted to see a thread unfold, but now most of this shit isn't even loading in this page and if I try to click through it fails and just looks like a bad photo embed.

They have.

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

On top of that, a man with ZERO self awareness. 

I wonder if he and Matt Mullenweg know each other, because Mullenweg (who is behind WordPress, and is probably worth close to a billion or more) has been melting down and threatening companies that compete with his hosting company, and basically has forgotten what the whole open source thing means.

It would be funny to watch millionaires and billionaires flail around on the internet and act like they are early 90s teenaged BBS SysOps, except they are fucking with the rest of us when they do, and forcing us to find a way to exit their platforms and try to replace those platforms.