Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

On 9/27/2024 at 9:29 AM, Brisketexan said:

Dude.  Half of the top 10 podcasts are fascist or fascist friendly.  It's fucked.  Mark Cuban correctly noted that the "mainstream media" these days IS the fucking hard-right.  Fox News, and the podcast universe, and a single fucking website owned by a broken-brained racist and authoritarian piece of shit (the subject of this thread) dominate media now.  Right-wingers LOVE to be told only what they want to hear, and they are drawn to sources that will do so like moths to a flame.

so i am a bit late here, but has anyone, and i mean anyone in the fucking world stopped to maybe ask, i dunno, what the metrics here are? how are the trending podcasts moving the meter? is it engagement with paying subs? is it bots? because if that top ten is legit, then am radio has taken over the podcast world, which, given how timelines work, is probably about right, but jesus christ. 

anyways, the metrics have to be somehow cooked. but i've thought that about everything for awhile now. 

the metrics are all fucked. something is wrong

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

because if that top ten is legit, then am radio has taken over the podcast world, which, given how timelines work, is probably about right, but jesus christ. 

If you are happy with your life, you aren't sitting around listening to people rail for hours about how bad things are and how they are not your fault and it's somebody else's fault, etc.

Outrage sells.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 3

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

If you are happy with your life, you aren't sitting around listening to people rail for hours about how bad things are and how they are not your fault and it's somebody else's fault, etc.

Outrage sells.

man, you're fucking right. podcasts used to be pretty tight 50 - 60 minute traditional media sort of affair, except on a weekly basis or whatever. 

now they are fucking hours - who has time for that? 

am radio people do.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

man, you're fucking right. podcasts used to be pretty tight 50 - 60 minute traditional media sort of affair, except on a weekly basis or whatever. 

am radio people do.

The scene used to be so much better. Honestly, even Joe Rogan's podcast used to be pretty good at times, too. He still had on plenty of cranks and shitheads, but he had tons of scientists and other people that do cool shit just to geek out about animals or black holes or whatever. His interview with Bernie Sanders is arguably the best one Sanders has ever given. The hard right shift was very quick after the Spotify deal and all that coincided with the whole sector shifting incredibly right wing. He went from asking questions and listening even to people he might disagree with, to actively trying to be a weirdo debate lord.

There are still some pods I will catch, but most of them are about poker and shit, I try to avoid anything resembling politics.

Edited by Brian Fantana
  • Hook 'Em 1

Watching the guy behind WordPress self-immolate and potentially divide/destroy at least part of the WordPress community, it's definitely reminiscent of Leon, complete with the WordPress guy threatening to "go nuclear" on a competing company.  People are wondering if he's having a manic episode, and that would explain a lot about other tech millionaires/billionaires....

On 10/1/2024 at 6:16 PM, Mittens said:

How fucking perfect would this be?  The rubes getting taken to the cleaners by the con artist.

We should start counting aggy foibles using Jimbo contract metrics. This boondoggle is basically 4-5 Jimbos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

The scene used to be so much better. Honestly, even Joe Rogan's podcast used to be pretty good at times, too. He still had on plenty of cranks and shitheads, but he had tons of scientists and other people that do cool shit just to geek out about animals or black holes or whatever. His interview with Bernie Sanders is arguably the best one Sanders has ever given. The hard right shift was very quick after the Spotify deal and all that coincided with the whole sector shifting incredibly right wing. He went from asking questions and listening even to people he might disagree with, to actively trying to be a weirdo debate lord.

There are still some pods I will catch, but most of them are about poker and shit, I try to avoid anything resembling politics.

JRE was perfect for the guy who has an office job, a 30+ minute commute, and a gym routine. Long-form conversations, variety, and an easy-to-skip ad read at the beginning.

Back in the 2010s it was like 40% comedians/performers, 20% martial artists, 20% obscure experts (journalists, hunters, CEOs, hackers, physicians), 5% pure academia people (researchers, professors), and 15% internet personalities (youtubers, podcasters).

He started booking some of the Intellectual Dark Web guys like 2013-2014, but it wasn't really until the Trump administration that they started to get booked way more often. I stopped being a regular listener probably around the same time Trump took office, and every time I check back in he gets more and more unhinged. Covid, then moving to Austin, then the Spotify deal, now he's booking guys like Matt Walsh and Peter Thiel and running an incel mothership at the Ritz.

Fuck him.

Edited by chainsaw
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Cybertrucks continue to be giant piles of garbage

https://www.theverge.com/2024/10/3/24261099/tesla-cybertruck-recall-reverse-camera-delay-software

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s report, the recall applies to over 27,000 Cybertrucks “manufactured between November 13th, 2023 and September 14th, 2024,” which applies to essentially every Cybertruck ever made.

Tesla Cybertrucks running version 2024.32.5.2 or later could have a condition where the reverse camera feed “may appear blank for up to 6 to 8 seconds” if the customer tries to back up before the vehicle completes a shutdown and boot-up process. Federal regulations require reverse camera feeds to appear within two seconds.

13 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

am radio people do.

11 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Watching the guy behind WordPress self-immolate and potentially divide/destroy at least part of the WordPress community, it's definitely reminiscent of Leon, complete with the WordPress guy threatening to "go nuclear" on a competing company.  People are wondering if he's having a manic episode, and that would explain a lot about other tech millionaires/billionaires....

the word y'all are looking for is "enshitification" 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

Tesla Cybertrucks running version 2024.32.5.2 or later could have a condition where the reverse camera feed “may appear blank for up to 6 to 8 seconds” if the customer tries to back up before the vehicle completes a shutdown and boot-up process. Federal regulations require reverse camera feeds to appear within two seconds.

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, NoName said:

What, you don't think these are very real people trying to follow my private account?

ScreenRecording_10-03-2024 21-12-46_1.mov 47 MB · 2 downloads  

I love how the official bot picture is:

• facing away from the camera with a hair only shot
  • A silhouette against a very bright background
  • That picture that both AlmaJerry and Amanda Dunn are using
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/1/2024 at 7:16 PM, Mittens said:

How fucking perfect would this be?  The rubes getting taken to the cleaners by the con artist.

I don’t know what the nature of the sex crimes that are going to occur in that unfinished ground tube will be but they will be abhorrent.

On 10/2/2024 at 9:37 AM, Francisco 2.0 said:

I squeezed in next to a shittily parked cyber truck at the pediatrician’s office yesterday and it is really such a ridiculous vehicle. The shape of the vehicle does not relate to the dimensions needed for a functional passenger vehicle. I don’t know if it’s mostly fisheye but the dash there is ridiculous.

On 10/2/2024 at 6:02 PM, 956 Worldwide said:

Incredible posting from Elron.

image.thumb.png.cd67a9532037013bb64f82f24ce351ef.png

Can you imagine how awful the conversations between him and grimes were.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

“Vote for Trump or mankind will never find itself isolated and miserable on a frozen, arid, lifeless hellscape bombarded by cosmic radiation.”

Don't forget the Mars dune buggies. Everyone gets Mars dune buggies if Trump wins as we definitely colonize Mars within our lifetime.

• Haha 2

lol at all the fart sniffers that thought they were saving the planet by buying a Tesla now waking up and finding out Elon gives no shits about the environment and is campaigning to remove regulations that protect the environment.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Translation: my billionaire buddies and I fully intend to totally ratfuck this planet till it becomes unsustainable.  So you better remove regulations so we could maybe build a lifeboat that only we billionaires will get to use.  And, umm, ignore the fact that removing those regulations will ALSO be the thing that allows us to totally ratfuck this planet.

58c0e025-3c9b-4a83-b360-0f674f97be52_tex

And I need government subsidies!

How the fuck can a Ceo that takes so much tax dollars from our government be so blatantly partisan. It's completely destroying Teslas value and no one cares.

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

Dude is a piece of shit

That summary is sufficient.  He's a psychotic pathological lying narcissist....who has, naturally, latched on to ANOTHER psychotic pathological lying narcissist.  

There's not a single fragment of Elon's being that isn't "pure piece of shit."  

• Hook 'Em 2

21 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

That summary is sufficient.  He's a psychotic pathological lying narcissist....who has, naturally, latched on to ANOTHER psychotic pathological lying narcissist.  

There's not a single fragment of Elon's being that isn't "pure piece of shit."  

but here is the thing: it's like religion. oh that little guy? <hand wave> i wouldn't worry about that little guy. 

• Hook 'Em 1