Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

7 hours ago, Goredho said:

I put some money in Elon's pocket this weekend and ordered Starlink.  I don't really have a choice, my startup grew to the point of needing everyone to be VPNed in, the overhead of that has impacted my connectivity given I am in a rural/remote area that doesn't have a lot of good internet options.  I wish there was a less odious alternative, but a man's gotta make a living.

It's probably the least gross of his businesses, so you've got that going for you

9 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Deep cut here.

It’s only a deep cut if you’re not a lifelong MSTie…Torgo is up there with Mikey, Mr B Natural, Coiley, David  ‘Blast Hardcheese’ Rider, and the other most memorable characters of MST3k lore.  

Manos at least had some semblance of a plot and acts…even if Torgo was a completely clueless excuse for a monster that contributed absolutely nothing to character development while needlessly being the center of attention, portrayed by someone on drugs the whole time…oh wait

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Homercles said:

It’s only a deep cut if you’re not a lifelong MSTie…Torgo is up there with Mikey, Mr B Natural, Coiley, David  ‘Blast Hardcheese’ Rider, and the other most memorable characters of MST3k lore.  

l1RQM6Ix_400x400.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, markstanco said:

You are the owner of this website and engaging in politics. WTF are you doing here? If you are left or right who cares? You are alienating half of your users.

15 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Move this thread to the cloak room. The hate for his political position is comical.

On 10/5/2024 at 8:14 AM, pacman said:

There is always a tweet

20241005_081254.jpg

Stanco’d

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, NoName said:

Eliot Higgins founded Bellingcat. He absolutely knows what he's talking about in this space.

Work Yes GIF by Offline Granny!

It could be argued that he has a high enough level of understanding and the changes implemented are doing exactly what he wants them to do too.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, NoName said:

Eliot Higgins founded Bellingcat. He absolutely knows what he's talking about in this space.

29 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

It could be argued that he has a high enough level of understanding and the changes implemented are doing exactly what he wants them to do too

So does Brian Tyler Cohen

https://x.com/briantylercohen/status/1843426627117821985

Spoilered because the R-word 

Spoiler

This platform is such a disaster. We're spoonfed extremist conservative content like our lives depend on it. On even the most banal tweets, I'm completely inundated with rightwing responses from blue check accounts that joined Twitter within the last year to a degree I can't even explain. Elon himself spreads disinformation with the digital literacy of what I would imagine my great great grandmother would have if she was alive and I handed her an iphone (unless he's doing it on purpose, which is just as likely). Even Republican officials are calling out the cesspool that is our digital media environment. I can't imagine having all the money in the world to fix its problems, but instead being such an insecure manchild that I'd opt to exacerbate its demise to help cling onto a few more bucks in taxes. History will remember.

“Elon himself spreads disinformation with the digital literacy of what I would imagine my great great grandmother would have if she was alive and I handed her an iphone (unless he's doing it on purpose, which is just as likely). ”

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

Tolerance is paraded around as "respect" and everyone should be "respectful". That's just simply a bunch of nonsense. Calling someone stupid who is in fact stupid or telling someone they are lying when they have demonstrably lied is not disrespectful, It's necessary for a functioning society and that doesn't require tolerance. 

So much this.  Call lying liars what they are -- liars telling lies.  Call them on their specific lies, immediately.  Do NOT amplify and repeat them.

That's not "political."  It's fucking foundational to a functioning society.  Only one political faction thinks that's political, and it's fucked up that they think that.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, immamac said:

The issue is tolerance. We live in a society built of of a variety of different opinions and views of the world. 

There are multiple ways to achieve similar outcomes, or even outcomes that are favorable but different. This was how the government got stuff done for a long time, then all of the sudden the American populace is still told to be tolerant, while the elected officials are completely intolerant and stuck in single track thinking with less and less room for compromise. 

Extremism cannot be normalized and that's exactly what's happened. 

At the same time accountability is at an all time low. Corporations can't be held accountable, management can't be held accountable, employees aren't held accountable. Investors are off in lala land and have no idea what accountability even means, they just need X return on Y over Z period they don't care if that means doing it with ponzi or financial engineering because there's no accountability. 

Elected officials repeatedly fail their constituents and are re elected, they enrich themselves with power and actual money and no one stops them. 

Schools are falling apart, infrastructure is failing our kids are growing up as mush brained idiots when they've the most advanced technology and learning assistance tools that have ever existed in human history. 

Tolerance is paraded around as "respect" and everyone should be "respectful". That's just simply a bunch of nonsense. Calling someone stupid who is in fact stupid or telling someone they are lying when they have demonstrably lied is not disrespectful, It's necessary for a functioning society and that doesn't require tolerance. 

Great post. I’ll only add that one side has decided tolerance is woke so it’s a sign of strength to punch down. I am highly intolerant of people who punch down.

• Hook 'Em 6

13 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Tolerance can be good or it can be bad. It all depends on what's being tolerated.

This, always this.  It is very important to understand that tolerance is not a moral precept -- it is a treaty/compact:

Tolerance is not a moral absolute; it is a peace treaty. Tolerance is a social norm because it allows different people to live side-by-side without being at each other’s throats. It means that we accept that people may be different from us, in their customs, in their behavior, in their dress, in their sex lives, and that if this doesn’t directly affect our lives, it is none of our business. But the model of a peace treaty differs from the model of a moral precept in one simple way: the protection of a peace treaty only extends to those willing to abide by its terms. It is an agreement to live in peace, not an agreement to be peaceful no matter the conduct of others. A peace treaty is not a suicide pact.

The protection of a peace treaty only extends to those willing to abide by its terms.  That is, I have NO obligation to tolerate your intolerance.  In FACT, by terms of the treaty, I have an obligation NOT to tolerate your intolerance.  You have broken the compact.  I should enforce the compact.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Tolerance can be good or it can be bad. It all depends on what's being tolerated.

I know you are talking about beans in chili. I can read subtext. And I agree, beans in chili cannot be tolerated and must be treated as equivalent to Dr. Mengele’s crimes. 

• Like 1
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1