Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

11 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

And following up from my earlier post:

Jesus tapdancing Christ.  We live in the imaginary economy.  An imaginary technology running on an imaginary platform manufactured and run by a hypothetical company (the hypothetical is "competently run"), and we should probably just measure that revenue in imaginary money (CRYPTO!)....this timeline is completely ridiculous.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

That shit will last 5 minutes on speed bumps and potholes in Austin streets before it starts losing pieces.

Just needs a few things, like stormtroopers coming out of it

ITT_Mandalorian.thumb.webp.1498c348becbd77288df4ac391455eb2.webp

That piece of shit is going to be falling apart and every interior surface will be covered in assorted bodily fluids with a week. Dorky Fuck Bus 9000

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Jesus tapdancing Christ.  We live in the imaginary economy.  An imaginary technology running on an imaginary platform manufactured and run by a hypothetical company (the hypothetical is "competently run"), and we should probably just measure that revenue in imaginary money (CRYPTO!)....this timeline is completely ridiculous.

An account with 2 posts will be along shortly to set you straight. 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, B00M said:

An account with 2 posts will be along shortly to set you straight. 

The real bit right now as far as I can tell is actually 0 posts.

The last 5 bots that tried to follow me all are accounts that joined in the last 6 months, with 0 posts, profile pics that try to hide a face by being artistic and with potato quality, and have like 5-200 followers while following 1-5000 people.

Come on this isn't even trying for a PP

IMG_7574.thumb.png.9a933351a77bc0f609d5d3cf642d7259.png

Edit: went down a other 5-10 accounts and all have 0 posts as well. just a fucking gigantic sleeper bot army waiting to be activated. 

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, NoName said:

The real bit right now as far as I can tell is actually 0 posts.

The last 5 bots that tried to follow me all are accounts that joined in the last 6 months, with 0 posts, profile pics that try to hide a face by being artistic and with potato quality, and have like 5-200 followers while following 1-5000 people.

Come on this isn't even trying for a PP

IMG_7574.thumb.png.9a933351a77bc0f609d5d3cf642d7259.png

Edit: went down a other 5-10 accounts and all have 0 posts as well. just a fucking gigantic sleeper bot army waiting to be activated. 

DUDE!  That's my girlfriend.

She's from Canada, you wouldn't know her.

We chat online all the time.  She really cares about me.  She even asks me deeply personal questions, like what was my childhood pet's name and the name of the street I grew up on.  Our relationship is special.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

26 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And it complete ignores that transportation is a commodity good and others are way ahead of Tesla when it comes to autonomous vehicles. It’s going to be a crowded market and Tesla will be late to the party.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, royiv said:

And it complete ignores that transportation is a commodity good and others are way ahead of Tesla when it comes to autonomous vehicles. It’s going to be a crowded market and Tesla will be late to the party.

As a quick reminder for how far others are ahead: 2 months ago Waymo was doing somewhere north of 100,000 paid trips per week.

In May they were at 50,000 paid trips per week. Huge growth.

Tesla is at zero, ever and has produced zero of these vehicles.

Good luck.

Edit: here's how far behind he is if you consider China

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

26 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

Oh, I see by the big board we've got a Negative Nelly in Sector 2.

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to ask the whole family to kind of freeze, and prepare for Re-Teslacation.

screenshot-x_com-2024_10_11-08_25_00.png.05c5a7aef15776f825051d1463489694.png

As a business user I would pull up my computer or sit across the table from my colleagues and continue with my slate of meetings as this amazing technolgoy ushers me off to the airport or to my hotel. Maybe my iphone could connect to "self-driving carplay" and I could leave the laptop in the bag, continuing with my meetings with a large display opposite from my seat in the taxi. Maybe I could use that to video call my wife and see her bounce the baby in incredibly high definition and lifelike size using some sort of crazy high speed network connection incorporated into the vehicle. Or maybe I'd want to dim the lights and lay down to rest, or have a quick meal, relax my mind with some video content or games. I definitely want to be able to store my bags, and I may be travelling with several colleagues. Maybe I'm taking this in to work in the morning and I'd like to eat a bagel and drink some coffee and get started  sifting through my inbox. Can my children come along so we can drop them off at school or daycare? Or maybe instead I'm out with friends and we want to keep the party going with a cocktail or some entertainment as our whole group travels together. 

13 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

For being titled Robotaxi details, I notice a dearth of Cybercab details here:

image.thumb.png.f2ee41b7ab7be8b874faa98671beb121.png

oh, I guess I'll sit facing forward with my hands in my lap and wait to arrive.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Maybe I could use that to video call my wife and see her bounce the baby in incredibly high definition and lifelike size using some sort of crazy high speed network connection incorporated into the vehicle.

I’d rather video call your wife and watch her bounce something else.

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

What is the Tesla business model for these things? Sell them to individuals who then put them onto a platform for ride hailing? If so, who owns the platform? Will it be a Tesla platform where they collect recurring revenue as a percentage of the fare? Or does Tesla forego that revenue and you can just put it onto Uber, Lyft, whatever? Has Elon explained any of this?

3 minutes ago, royiv said:

What is the Tesla business model for these things? Sell them to individuals who then put them onto a platform for ride hailing? If so, who owns the platform? Will it be a Tesla platform where they collect recurring revenue as a percentage of the fare? Or does Tesla forego that revenue and you can just put it onto Uber, Lyft, whatever? Has Elon explained any of this?

Nope he didn't share any of it, shockingly.

No business plan. No model. No actual cost. No app. No nothing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Another question, is Tesla going to ditch the Supercharger network for inductive charging or are they going to have to create an entirely new network for the robotaxis and run two different networks in parallel? What’s the point of having the robotaxi utilize inductive charging when the Supercharger network is arguably one of Tesla’s biggest assets?

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Kenner Toys lookin-ass vehicle

VINTAGE Star Wars COMPLETE IMPERIAL TROOP TRANSPORTER STORMTROOPER FIGURE KENNER - Picture 1 of 8

100%

Between the "Omnibot 2000", the Deplorean and this, he's making -- ok, he's pretending to make in order to string along the rubes -- some sci-fi toys from the 1980s.

Which would be fine if any of them actually worked. I had the same ideas when I was 10 years old.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

100%

Between the "Omnibot 2000", the Deplorean and this, he's making -- ok, he's pretending to make in order to string along the rubes -- some sci-fi toys from the 1980s.

Which would be fine if any of them actually worked. I had the same ideas when I was 10 years old.

Wait....he's putting out vehicles based on stupid-ass ideas we had when we were 10?   Great.  Just f'n great.  Now we're all gonna ride around in these (which have no fucking basis for propulsion, fuel storage, or any other practical need):

LEGO-Basic-Spaceship-by-ninja5.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Wait....he's putting out vehicles based on stupid-ass ideas we had when we were 10?   Great.  Just f'n great.  Now we're all gonna ride around in these (which have no fucking basis for propulsion, fuel storage, or any other practical need):

LEGO-Basic-Spaceship-by-ninja5.jpg

You make a decent point. I’m surprised he hasn’t promised autonomous flying electric cars yet. The rubes would eat that shit up and put $100,000 deposits down just like they did with the $50,000 deposits for the roadster that has never materialized.

• Hook 'Em 2

This is fun: https://futurism.com/tesla-robotaxi-event-disappointment

For ten years now, Tesla CEO Elon Musk has promised a fully self-driving car.

But despite his many reassurances that an autonomous car would be a reality "next year," the company still doesn't have a lot to show.

On Thursday, the EV maker held its long-awaited "robotaxi" event, showing off a prototype of its "Cybercab," which will allegedly go into production in 2026 and cost under $30,000.  Musk also showed off a separate "robovan" that can carry up to 20 passengers.

A prototype Cybercab, a flashy two-seater with no steering wheel or pedals, was seen navigating some mocked-up streets at the event that ironically took place inside a Hollywood movie studio.

But the flashy presentation left plenty of glaring questions unanswered. For one, the company didn't show off the long-awaited "Model 2," a rumored $25,000 passenger vehicle that shareholders have said could help the company boost sales.

Investors in particular were left wanting more, with Tesla shares dropping six percent in premarket trading on Friday.

As many analysts predicted, the company didn't get into the details.

There was no discussion, for instance, about when said robotaxi could go on sale or how long it would take for Tesla to establish a service that can compete with the likes of the autonomous taxi company Waymo, which maintains a significant lead over the Musk-led carmaker.

Musk took the opportunity to ham it up at the event, appearing in a leather jacket while addressing the crowd in front of a flashy, neon-lit stage.

"The autonomous future is here," he proclaimed. "With autonomy, you get your time back."

The billionaire has previously described a Tesla-based robotaxi service as "some combination of Airbnb and Uber," allowing owners to have their vehicles make money on their behalf.

But such a service is likely still many years out — if it ever becomes a reality — despite a decade of development.

"I'm a shareholder and pretty disappointed," Triple D Trading equity trader Dennis Dick told Reuters. "I think the market wanted more definitive time lines."

"I don't think he said much about anything," he added.

Instead of relying on industry-standard tech like lidar, Tesla's robotaxis are designed to only make use of cameras and AI-powered hardware, a controversial approach that has prompted plenty of skepticism.

At the event, Musk promised that the EV maker would kick off trials of "unsupervised FSD," referring to the company's controversial "Full Self-Driving" driver assistance software — which still requires drivers to pay attention at all times — sometime next year in Texas and California with its Model 3 and Model Y vehicles.

Whether the company will be able to actually improve on its software, which still leads to plenty of close calls on public streets, remains to be seen.

"For all the hype that Elon Musk puts behind Tesla Full Self-Driving, it does not work," noted Tesla critic Dan O'Dowd wrote in a statement following the event. "The latest version of Full Self-Driving travels 71 miles between critical disengagements, in contrast to Waymo’s 17,311 miles. Elon Musk is trying to compete in the Tour de France on a tricycle."

O'Dowd, the founder of safety advocacy group The Dawn Project, also noted that Musk's promises were nothing new.

"Tonight Elon Musk said that Tesla drivers would soon be able to sleep at the wheel of unsupervised Full Self-Driving," O'Dowd said. "This is the exact same promise he made in 2019 when he said FSD owners would be able to fall asleep and wake up at their destination by the end of 2020."

And following Tesla's disastrous "nightmare" of a fiscal year so far, investors are getting ready for further drops in the company's share price.

"We wouldn’t be surprised if the stock sells off in the coming weeks, as pre-event momentum fizzles," Piper Sandler wrote in an analyst note, as quoted by CNBC.

Musk's flashy robotaxi event "overall disappointed expectations on a number of areas: a lack of data regarding rate-of-change on FSD/tech, ride-share economics and go-to-market strategy," Morgan Stanley wrote in its analyst note.

"As such, we anticipate TSLA to be under pressure following the event," the note reads.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, gofuckyourself said:

Maybe the wool is being removed from a few eyes, at least a little.

tsla-headline.png.aa79640699f1d9d358cd762bb59aed2a.png

tsla.png.12baae9b1614c62d9b947ddea77011cb.png

Real investors aren’t stupid. They understand what Musk pushed last night and know it was smoke, mirrors and jazz hands. He can pull the wool over the eyes of the fanboys, but eventually the real investors aren’t stupid going to jump off this ride. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Musk took the opportunity to ham it up at the event, appearing in a leather jacket while addressing the crowd in front of a flashy, neon-lit stage.

"The autonomous future is here," he proclaimed. "With autonomy, you get your time back."

I mean...he really is the fucking Simpson's Lyle Lanley:

F7ckmXSWEAA74sQ.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Real investors aren’t stupid. They understand what Musk pushed last night and know it was smoke, mirrors and jazz hands. He can pull the wool over the eyes of the fanboys, but eventually the real investors aren’t stupid going to jump off this ride. 

Unfortunately, Tesla is included in seemingly every major index fund. If you’re a passive index investor, you’re almost certainly putting ~1% of your monthly savings into this assclown’s joke of company. 

Edited by B00M
Hurr durr, not just ETFs

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yes and no.  Many modern business' tend to be heavy on intangible assets over old school tangible assets.   Even a company like HII (who makes our aircraft carriers and other military ships) holds fewer tangible assets and intangible assets.   But the idea of valuing a stock is very difficult.  There are both fundamental and irrational behavioral aspects of it, and much of our society has embraced this.   Many companies with promise can lose their ass year after year with increasing stock value because people are speculating the investments made by the company will pay off.   However, when we look at the markets with a vision colored by our new golden age of fraud, we tend to zoom in on the fuckery which is where we are biased.   Yeah, quite a few people cannot bring a business up to scale or lose their minds when they achieve a celebrity of sort status.   This happens to artist celebrities and corporate celebrities alike who are so fucking arrogant they cannot even fathom the role of luck.  Tesla has some fundamentals going for it though, they had high margins on some of their models.   However, they are not a company I would directly invest with, because the performance is highly irrational to me.   Their share performance in the wake of bad news keeps me away and their plans going forward also seem kind of irrational without clear goals like they used to publish.   Musk dicking over the Tesla shareholders to funnel chips to Twitter was really fucked up.   Overall, I think the company will lose out (due to leadership) but when to start betting against them is the big question.   

3 hours ago, NoName said:

Nope he didn't share any of it, shockingly.

No business plan. No model. No actual cost. No app. No nothing.

Elon has spent months telling Tesla owners to buy FSD for over $10,000 because it was just a drop in the bucket compared to all the money they would make turning their Teslas into driverless taxis. Now Elon has changed his tune by making a completely different car that has to be the taxi now. Is he putting LiDAR into these things without telling people? That’s the only way they could ever be permitted to be on the road. This would really fuck things up for people buying into his FSD gimmick. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

What's this guy here in the shadows with what looks like a control system doing?

image.png.a52f692b65357299ba5d7fdd22d96493.png

image.png.61c37224bdf31bf97244a08c065a7454.png

Video here: https://www.threads.net/@girl_gone_happy/post/DA_MxFmRPmB?xmt=AQGzsUGVsD7Jq_AuiJUWi0jrWZdcNxoXfbmfKzirGgo7kA

Preemptively swiping left on hot girls, thereby “winning” at dating.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1