Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

We get it man, you want to fuck your car. But that’s the type of thing you really should keep to yourself.

Want to? You know his Tesla cringes like JD Vance’s couch does when he sees him approaching.

My sister (lawyer can you believe it) is going through a bit of a mid-life crisis. Divorce, Taylor Swift Europe tour groupie, saltwater aquarium with sea horses, $16k lamp. She's been cuckoo for cocoa puffs recently. She got a Foundation series cyber truck (aka cyberbeast) last week. She thinks it's cool and so do her friends. She came by and I made her park down the street.

It's exactly what you think it is. Having 863hp or whatever the three ton thing does move quickly and smoothly. I tried to go in with an open mind, but everything about it is soulless. I held my tongue as I drove it around and had random people gawk at it and give me a thumbs up. (jim sliding low into the seat) To be fair I am a car guy, and most car guys hold the CT in disdain.

It has a menu of fart sounds that you can program for various functions, emitted from different speaker locations. Turn signal? Lower passenger seat toots. It goes on and on and super fucking annoying. There's a "dog mode" so you can leave your furry friend in air conditioning while you shop. I am afraid an unfortunate slew of toddler deaths are coming as a result. Calling it "dog mode" must be a CYA.

We were supposed to go race last Friday but she couldn't get enough of a charge all day on a regular charger. (not supercharger) We were going to go to San Antonio raceway so the round trip and what not and she deemed it was too far. Supposed to 0-60 in 2.6s. It was quick but I don't see it. In my old gasser I'm scared of encountering a Tesla S plaid in the wild, but I look forward to ripping a cyberbeast a new one. You know, when it is charged.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

Let's be clear about one thing.  I have only ever spoke in defense of Tesla and some of its products.  I have never once defended or praised Musk himself.  

The overall point that I was raising about the Consumer Reports article above is that it compares the quality the first 5-10 years of product from a start-up bringing a new technology to market with established technologies made by traditional manufacturers, many with 100+ years of experience in delivering vehicles.  Can you compare them?  Yes, you can.  Can you really draw any meaningful information about the long-term reliability of Tesla's crop of vehicles from the past five years?  That's debatable.

I can look at 5-10 year old data from Toyota, Ford, and BMW and be relatively confident that the pattern will hold for the next decade.  You can't really do the same with the data from 5-10 year-old Teslas.  5-10 year old data for Tesla is from it's earliest days of being the first to market with viable consumer BEVs.  It's anomalous data due to the life-cycle stage of Tesla as a manufacturing company and BEVs as a technology.  

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Walser said:

I am afraid an unfortunate slew of toddler deaths are coming as a result.

Considering this has been a feature since 2019, there is a significant data lag on the slew of toddler deaths you predicted.  Or you could just be wrong.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Guadaloopy said:

Considering this has been a feature since 2019, there is a significant data lag on the slew of toddler deaths you predicted.  Or you could just be wrong.

Sorry I have not kept up on the shitbird history. And being wrong in this scenario I happily embrace. 

The dig is not against Tesla so much as lazy human nature. Last summer I was two second away from busting a window for a dog that had been roasting for twenty minutes. Cops showed up at the same time as the owner and the dog was fine.

6 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

What's the difference in dog mode and just leaving it on?  Every vehicle has the ability to just leave it running for a dog.  Leaving a toddler in a car is illegal regardless of AC status.

You are correct. But people do shitty things regardless.

My ire is focused on people who leave kids in a car running in to get a coffee and make a return or whatever. Yes it is illegal. My heart goes out to parents who have accidentally left a child in the car because their routine was unexpectedly interrupted, or some emergency issue at work had them distracted, or any number of things. They left their child in a car seat. I can't imagine anything more heart-wrenching.

Sorry for the thread hijack. I just wanted to share my CT experience. Let's get back to Elmo.

Edited by Walser

Just now, Gene Parmesan said:

What's the difference in dog mode and just leaving it on?  Every vehicle has the ability to just leave it running for a dog.  Leaving a toddler in a car is illegal regardless of AC status.

You can't just leave a Tesla "running."  It will turn itself off after you lock and walk away from the vehicle.  You can, however, set the climate control to "Keep Climate On" mode or "Camp" mode which will maintain the set internal temperature until battery is reduced to 20%.  The owner's manual specifically states that "Dog" mode is not intended for people.  All that "Dog" mode does in addition to keeping the internal temperature is display the current internal temperature and a message that the dog is safe for passers-by.  

I love "Keep" mode.  If I am going to be inside for less than two hours, I will always leave "Keep" mode on and come back to a nice, cool vehicle in the summer and vice versa in the winter. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

2024061a.JPG?itok=RewaPwxN

Yea, looks like they've got all the issues worked out. 

Wait. Ram is first, and Dodge is last? That don't make no sense. They actually try on their trucks and bring in the C team for cars?

17 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Conan Obrien Envy GIF by Team Coco

Ram trucks are a good value. Lot of bells and whistles for the price when compared to GMC or Ford. Initially on paper it looks good. I've had a couple.

That said their long term reliability is trash. I will never own another one despite whatever holding company currently owns them. I loved my Jeeps but the quality was dogshit.

Edited by Walser

1 minute ago, tbone_ said:

Edit: Saw the Dodge / Ram discussion above.

Still doesn’t make sense.

Plus, how much does initial quality matter? Isn’t how long it goes without issues what’s important?

Consider all reports bullshit. 

I'll save y'all a bunch of time and money and let you know that Toyota and Honda and their derivatives are the best. I wish they made sexier and faster cars but this is the truth. You are welcome.

Can we get back to what Elon is doing? Is he in Austin currently? What is Grimes up to?

42 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

You can't just leave a Tesla "running."  It will turn itself off after you lock and walk away from the vehicle.  You can, however, set the climate control to "Keep Climate On" mode or "Camp" mode which will maintain the set internal temperature until battery is reduced to 20%.  The owner's manual specifically states that "Dog" mode is not intended for people.  All that "Dog" mode does in addition to keeping the internal temperature is display the current internal temperature and a message that the dog is safe for passers-by.  

I love "Keep" mode.  If I am going to be inside for less than two hours, I will always leave "Keep" mode on and come back to a nice, cool vehicle in the summer and vice versa in the winter. 

Nothing says I care about the environment than leaving my car on when I go into a place for 2 hours. What? AC does not cool down fast enough?

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

Nothing says I care about the environment than leaving my car on when I go into a place for 2 hours. What? AC does not cool down fast enough?

walter white GIF

I’ll buy $.0008 worth of carbon credits every time I do it.  

2 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

Let's be clear about one thing.  I have only ever spoke in defense of Tesla and some of its products.  I have never once defended or praised Musk himself.  

The overall point that I was raising about the Consumer Reports article above is that it compares the quality the first 5-10 years of product from a start-up bringing a new technology to market with established technologies made by traditional manufacturers, many with 100+ years of experience in delivering vehicles.  Can you compare them?  Yes, you can.  Can you really draw any meaningful information about the long-term reliability of Tesla's crop of vehicles from the past five years?  That's debatable.

I can look at 5-10 year old data from Toyota, Ford, and BMW and be relatively confident that the pattern will hold for the next decade.  You can't really do the same with the data from 5-10 year-old Teslas.  5-10 year old data for Tesla is from it's earliest days of being the first to market with viable consumer BEVs.  It's anomalous data due to the life-cycle stage of Tesla as a manufacturing company and BEVs as a technology.  

Believe it or not, startup auto manufacturers still have to compete against the legacy ones.

11 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

At this point I'm wondering if he's going to end up like Matthew Perry, Michael Jackson, Tony Hsieh (the Zappos CEO) or a unique way all his own?

Put me down for David Carradine

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

4 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

We can make a separate “how do teslas work?” thread if need be. And it seems like it needs be. 

5 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

hq720.jpg

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

You’re better than this

So elaborate. And am I? First, i think anyone who needs to leave their car on for 2 hours for AC is a dumbass and needs to spend more times outside. Second, it has to recharge somehow right?

Sorry, magic Elon farts. Sniffed out of his culo by Tesla bros and transported in their CT's since they cannot fit 2x4x8s.

Edited by InkaUtexas
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

So elaborate. And am I? First, i think anyone who needs to leave their car on for 2 hours for AC is a dumbass and needs to spend more times outside. Second, it has to recharge somehow right?

Sigh.  No one said 2 hours.  Not sure where you got that.  Also, the amount of battery used to keep a car at temp for a dog to not die for an errand is negligible and well worth it.  People aren't just running their AC in their Teslas while they go into lunch or a bar for hours.  C'mon man.  This just isn't reality.

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Sigh.  No one said 2 hours.  Not sure where you got that.  Also, the amount of battery used to keep a car at temp for a dog to not die for an errand is negligible and well worth it.  People aren't just running their AC in their Teslas while they go into lunch or a bar for hours.  C'mon man.  This just isn't reality.

Um, he said.

"I love "Keep" mode.  If I am going to be inside for less than two hours, I will always leave "Keep" mode on and come back to a nice, cool vehicle in the summer and vice versa in the winter. "

Oh, so it is not wasteful if it is a little bit? And that is for him, not his dog. I guess he likes cool vehicle in the winter as well.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Um, he said.

"I love "Keep" mode.  If I am going to be inside for less than two hours, I will always leave "Keep" mode on and come back to a nice, cool vehicle in the summer and vice versa in the winter. "

Oh, so it is not wasteful if it is a little bit? And that is for him, not his dog. I guess he likes cool vehicle in the winter as well.

Well then I stand corrected and that seems excessive.  I've never once used "keep" mode in 6 years, so maybe I'm the weirdo.  I do enjoy the ability to turn on the AC on from my phone 10 minutes before coming back to my car and also having the AC automatically turn on during the day for "cabin overheat" mode when it gets over 100 inside, so that's nice.  The loss of range daily is less than 1-2 miles.

Look man, you're a good poster.  I don't see why this is your hill to die on.  Again, we can start a separate thread for Tesla cars if you want because the cars themselves in my experience, (not including cybertruck) are damn good.  Elon lost his fucking mind around Covid/his girlfriend whatever leaving him.  I can separate the two, especially since I got my Tesla in 2018.

7 hours ago, Walser said:

My sister (lawyer can you believe it) is going through a bit of a mid-life crisis. Divorce, Taylor Swift Europe tour groupie, saltwater aquarium with sea horses, $16k lamp. She's been cuckoo for cocoa puffs recently. She got a Foundation series cyber truck (aka cyberbeast) last week. She thinks it's cool and so do her friends. She came by and I made her park down the street.

It's exactly what you think it is. Having 863hp or whatever the three ton thing does move quickly and smoothly. I tried to go in with an open mind, but everything about it is soulless. I held my tongue as I drove it around and had random people gawk at it and give me a thumbs up. (jim sliding low into the seat) To be fair I am a car guy, and most car guys hold the CT in disdain.

It has a menu of fart sounds that you can program for various functions, emitted from different speaker locations. Turn signal? Lower passenger seat toots. It goes on and on and super fucking annoying. There's a "dog mode" so you can leave your furry friend in air conditioning while you shop. I am afraid an unfortunate slew of toddler deaths are coming as a result. Calling it "dog mode" must be a CYA.

We were supposed to go race last Friday but she couldn't get enough of a charge all day on a regular charger. (not supercharger) We were going to go to San Antonio raceway so the round trip and what not and she deemed it was too far. Supposed to 0-60 in 2.6s. It was quick but I don't see it. In my old gasser I'm scared of encountering a Tesla S plaid in the wild, but I look forward to ripping a cyberbeast a new one. You know, when it is charged.

Dog Mode was a software update to keep Texas summer from melting screens and various parts. It originally had dick to do with dogs. AFIK all Teslas kick on periodically in the heat I wonder what a safe park time at ABIA is?

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Well then I stand corrected and that seems excessive.  I've never once used "keep" mode in 6 years, so maybe I'm the weirdo.  I do enjoy the ability to turn on the AC on from my phone 10 minutes before coming back to my car and also having the AC automatically turn on during the day for "cabin overheat" mode when it gets over 100 inside, so that's nice.  The loss of range daily is less than 1-2 miles.

Look man, you're a good poster.  I don't see why this is your hill to die on.  Again, we can start a separate thread for Tesla cars if you want because the cars themselves in my experience, (not including cybertruck) are damn good.  Elon lost his fucking mind around Covid/his girlfriend whatever leaving him.  I can separate the two, especially since I got my Tesla in 2018.

I am not dying on this hill. So you lose 1-2 miles. Cool. They HAVE TO BE RECHARGED is my point. They are not self-recharging, though I hear Elon is working on that and the laboratory is so hidden he has to dig tunnels.

I think Elon's a dicktard and most of his cars are ugly. I think Tesla is more about status and comforts.

Back to Elon. I would cut his federal subsidies tomorrow since he bitches about them in general, and revoke his clearance. That better?

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Dog Mode was a software update to keep Texas summer from melting screens and various parts. It originally had dick to do with dogs. AFIK all Teslas kick on periodically in the heat I wonder what a safe park time at ABIA is?

You're talking about cabin overheat mode, not dog mode.

I swear to god, it's like I'm playing cards with my brother's kids here.

Just now, InkaUtexas said:

I am not dying on this hill. So you lose 1-2 miles. Cool. They HAVE TO BE RECHARGED is my point. They are not self-recharging, though I hear Elon is working on that and the laboratory is so hidden he has to dig tunnels.

6e503514-5b87-4256-abb0-8edef3f82c74_tex

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

You're talking about cabin overheat mode, not dog mode.

I swear to god, it's like I'm playing cards with my brother's kids here.

6e503514-5b87-4256-abb0-8edef3f82c74_tex

Um, good man, I give zero fucks about Teslas. But this thread is about, let me check, Elon Musk who owns the company and there are maybe 2-3 posts about his vehicles.

Please read what the OP stated. He called it dog mode, defending that little jimmy won't die when left unattended by Biffy and Bryce who had to get avocado toast (which I do enjoy) during, argggg, a hot day in Texas during the summer.