BLOW THAT FUCKING HORN - COMMODORES TAKE DOWN #1 ALABAMA AT HOME ×

2024 Baltimore Orioles

VirginiaLonghorn

Yeah, I’m the delusional one. If the Yankees hang on it’d be the story of the year in the MLB, considering the injuries and how far back in the standings they were. First to worst back to first is an insane roller coaster. They O’s were projected division contenders from the start and have thus far disappointed.  But oh yeah they’re full of scrappy underdogs like Holliday & Rutsman, 2 guys with MLB lineage who have been two of the most hyped prospects in the game since they were teenagers. The Yankees have 3 well known players and 23 nobodies.  

35 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Yeah, I’m the delusional one. If the Yankees hang on it’d be the story of the year in the MLB, considering the injuries and how far back in the standings they were. First to worst back to first is an insane roller coaster. They O’s were projected division contenders from the start and have thus far disappointed.  But oh yeah they’re full of scrappy underdogs like Holliday & Rutsman, 2 guys with MLB lineage who have been two of the most hyped prospects in the game since they were teenagers. The Yankees have 3 well known players and 23 nobodies.  

My brother in Christ, what the fuck are you talking about. They have been above .500 the whole year and in first or second place in the division. For snapshots of their records at different points of the season they were 12-3, 33-15, 51-27, 59-40, and now sit at 67-46. So stop with your little masturbation fantasy of first to worst and back to first, you sound like a fucktard. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

From his perspective, it’s some kind of heroic NYY recovery from disaster (which is still quite possible since they’re being carried by one or two players).  From my perspective, it’s fun and exciting to watch a bunch of kids win while learning.  There’s light at the end of the tunnel.

The light NYY sees may be a freight train very soon.

He doesnt even follow the Yankees. He just looks at the scores and talks shit if they happen to be doing well. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/17/2024 at 11:48 AM, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Actually, the Mets are #1 with a team salary of $316.5M.  NYY is #2 at $308.7M.  The O’s are #22 at $107.8M.

NYY spent well on accumulating talent to achieve a one game lead in mid-August.  Congrats …

Standings update?

On 8/17/2024 at 11:48 AM, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Actually, the Mets are #1 with a team salary of $316.5M.  NYY is #2 at $308.7M.  The O’s are #22 at $107.8M.

NYY spent well on accumulating talent to achieve a one game lead in mid-August.  Congrats …

Fun fact- you take the O's payroll and add any team 11-30 in the payroll ranking and still come in under the Yankees payroll. 

20 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Sigh.

Witt the Younger

I wish every game could be against the Twins.

O’s could taken Witt #1 overall, rather than Adley, in the same draft they selected Gunnar in the second round.  I’m not sure that a switch hitting catcher could ever be as valuable as a PLUS SS.  Oh well …

• Like 1