Top Chef - Wisconsin

Biff Tannen

On 6/20/2024 at 5:42 AM, Texzilla588 said:

The show is not what it was in its hey day. Mainly from the level of contestants. On peacock is every episode of TC plus the spinoffs : masters, desserts, duels, amateurs, kids. Bravo doesn’t do those shows anymore and there’s not as much hype for the show. Plus Food Network now embraces a lot of top chef talent. Lots of dilution.

here is when the spin offs all aired their last episode (non other country versions), because i was curious:

• Masters: 2013
  • Desserts: 2011
  • Duels: 2014 --> i actually think this could be a great idea/concept to bring back, but honestly Tournament of Champions is a better version of whatever this would be
  • Junior: 2018
  • Amateurs: 2021 --> 1 and done, very meh

totally agree on the dilution of everything.

26 minutes ago, deac_tracy said:

Top Chef will be in Canada next season. Glad they picked there instead of a bland US location. 

at this point i hope it is actually "Canada" and not just focused in JUST Montreal or Toronto.

this happens every year but where would you like to see TC go list wise?

image.thumb.png.3180dcb54fab236653730c7967b3e278.png

2 minutes ago, royiv said:

Midland

Your quickfire challenge: make a dish out of the leftovers you find on the back prep table and flat top griddle at McDonald's while having sand and oil sprayed at you in 100 degree heat, while simultaneously manning the cash register during lunch rush for 50 dirty, smelly oilfield workers.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Texzilla588 said:

Canada. Yikes. Maybe they do those kerosene fish boils too.

I’d like to see Hawaii. Nashville. New Mexico. Phoenix. Philly.

I’d like to see some some permanent bases to work through. New Orleans. NYC. Miami. Bay Area. Chicago. An appearance every ten years with new places interspersed.

Hawaii is a great idea

42 minutes ago, Texzilla588 said:

From what I understand TC goes to cities for tax breaks and other workarounds and money like they’re a fucking Toyota plant. They don’t do Philly due to unions. Won’t do more Texas or Florida due to politics.

Yeah, I know Houston wasn’t a part of season 9 for similar reasons (hearsay, I don’t really know details). Then one side finally relented. 

8 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

From what I understand TC goes to cities for tax breaks and other workarounds and money like they’re a fucking Toyota plant. 

This is actually just standard operating procedure in the entertainment industry.  It's why so many movies/TV shows are filmed in places like New Mexico and Canada... Great incentives and limited unions.

• Hook 'Em 1

This is actually just standard operating procedure in the entertainment industry.  It's why so many movies/TV shows are filmed in places like New Mexico and Canada... Great incentives and limited unions.

That’s true but apparently TC has demands that far exceed the standard set of incentives provided by most film friendly locations. They also are highly directed by politics being Bravo.

17 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Huh I’ll have to research what I read a few months ago.

I stand by what I said lol. I’ve had better dining experiences in Philly than anywhere in the states. 

YMMV! TC I wish would go there still. 

3 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

That’s true but apparently TC has demands that far exceed the standard set of incentives provided by most film friendly locations. They also are highly directed by politics being Bravo.

If so, maybe cities are starting to tell them to pound sand, which is how you get TC Wisconsin and TC Canada.

22 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I'm more impressed with St. Helena having 14 and Yountville with 10. And Healdsburg with 7.  That's 31 in a very small area.

that's what i thought too, had to look it up - all in Napa/Sonoma

18 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Hawaii is a great idea

thirding this. what a great concept

57 minutes ago, Texzilla588 said:

I believe they could enjoy the height of cuisine in Seagoville at the federal pen. Duggar the pedo could be a guest judge in manacles. I imagine the food at the Balch springs jail might be as bad as a prison in Ghana.

Can't speak for the prison food, but generally I found the food in Ghana to be quite delicious.

Edited by DixonHur

Can't speak for the prison food, but generally I found the food in Ghana to be quite delicious.

I just used that as there is a show where this dude goes in stays in tough prisons around the world. The one in Ghana was really tough; their protein was mostly bushmeat and roadkill. So rats, bats, cats.

Location has become pretty irrelevant on this show. There is usually one local chef these days. You can do a kerosene fish boil, a luau, a brewery, anything in a studio and sound lot. Just do it at universal as part of the tour.
  • Hook 'Em 1