Deadpool & Wolverine

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, ballrific said:

I guess I missed the cameo b/c I didn’t notice anyone new that wasn’t expected or hasn’t been in a previous trailer?

If you don't want to know then don't click on this

Spoiler

Dafne Keen returns as Laura (X-23) all growns up from the Logan film

Edited by mdmost

If you don't want to know then don't click on this
Spoiler

Dafne Keen returns as Laura (X-23) all growns up from the Logan film

oh, ok, thanks. Yeah, I saw that one but I guess I was expecting some mind bending, random cameo based on earlier comments.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

Going tomorrow night so I need to go on a social media embargo till after the show since assholes fall over themselves to spoil shit. 

When you watch it, report back with your thoughts on the below

• Blake Lively as Lady Deadpool
  • James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender as Professor X and Magneto
  • Tobey Maguire returning as Spider-Man 
  •  Chris Evans as the Human Torch
  • Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man
  • Austin Butler as the Silver Surfer
  • Timothy Chalamet as Galactus
  • Jessica Alba as Sue Storm

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

[spioler]

[/spoiler]

Bro what the fuck.

• Hook 'Em 1

When you watch it, report back with your thoughts on the below
[spioler]
  • Timothy Chalamet as Galactus
  • Jessica Alba as Sue Storm

giphy.gif
  • Haha 1

This was 100% fan service. Not a bad thing and probably what Marvel needed at this point.

I guess if you want a sticking point, it’s not really clear why any of the events need to happen. I’m sure the writers had no idea either but it doesn’t really matter.

Casandra Nova was great. I kinda wish she would’ve been a big bad in a more serious Marvel movie.

I hope X23 is of age because she’s sexy AF.

So many cameos but only one brought a round of applause. You’ll know it when you see it. It was completely unexpected.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

This was 100% fan service. Not a bad thing and probably what Marvel needed at this point.

I guess if you want a sticking point, it’s not really clear why any of the events need to happen. I’m sure the writers had no idea either but it doesn’t really matter.

Casandra Nova was great. I kinda wish she would’ve been a big bad in a more serious Marvel movie.

I hope X23 is of age because she’s sexy AF.

So many cameos but only one brought a round of applause. You’ll know it when you see it. It was completely unexpected.

Spoiler

Captain America/Johnny Storm?  Or Blade?

Question about an Easter egg:

Spoiler

When they are walking in the void right before Dog Pool appears, did they walk by the car and luggage from Planes Trains and Automobiles? I know Reynolds was a Candy fan and did a reference in DP 2  

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Shit I did it too.  I reported my post sry.

Spoiler

Wait, I was just guessing when I posted that list.  I actually got one right?

If you told me to put money on any of those, I would have said

• Blake Lively as Lady Deadpool - She's Ryan's wife, duh. Plus she posted on Insta about it.
  • James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender as Professor X and Magneto - this is what the fans want.

The rest of the list was a joke - we've had our Tobey Maguire Spidey return and they won't fuck up that movie for a Deadpool cameo.

Chris Evans and Jessica Alba coming back - everybody wants to pretend those movies don't exist.

RDJ ain't coming back for a Deadpool cameo.  Feige wouldn't do that, given how big of a Fucking Deal his death was when it was mentioned in the Spidey movies and the Marvel shows.

As for Butler and Chalamet, Galactus has been cast and Chaamlet and Butler won't go near the MCU at this point in their careers.

Edited by atomheartbevo

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Hide contents

Wait, I was just guessing when I posted that list.  I actually got one right?

If you told me to put money on any of those, I would have said

• Blake Lively as Lady Deadpool - She's Ryan's wife, duh. Plus she posted on Insta about it.
  • James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender as Professor X and Magneto - this is what the fans want.

The rest of the list was a joke - we've had our Tobey Maguire Spidey return and they won't fuck up that movie for a Deadpool cameo.

Chris Evans and Jessica Alba coming back - everybody wants to pretend those movies don't exist.

RDJ ain't coming back for a Deadpool cameo.  Feige wouldn't do that, given how big of a Fucking Deal his death was when it was mentioned in the Spidey movies and the Marvel shows.

As for Butler and Chalamet, Galactus has been cast and Chaamlet and Butler won't go near the MCU at this point in their careers.

Spoiler

You guessed two.  Evans as the Human Torch.  But they played it well because they teased him as a Cap variant right up to the moment he said “Flame On.”

Blake Lively voiced Lady Deadpool, but no face.

The best cameo was Cavill as a Wolverine variant.    

Garner as Elektra was complete meh except for the dig at Affleck’s Daredevil   

Snipes’ Blade was OK.

Tatum’s Gambit was good just to show us how bad it would have been if that had actually happened.

And of course our very own MoC as The Deadpool Kid variant.

Edited by Guadaloopy

Posted (edited)

I just got in from a late showing. Saw it in a Dolby theatre and wow was this movie awesome! Whatever you are expecting going in this movie will surpass it. I will be going back to see this again in a few days. So much fun in just two hours. I will not spoil a thing for anyone who has not seen it yet. This is definitely a movie to watch when the theatre is full. This was a fun movie start to finish. Hard to overstate how cool it is seeing Reynolds and Jackman together in this one! The cameos that came out of nowhere were something I think everyone here will like as well.

GO SEE THIS MOVIE and don’t wait to see it at home. If you have kids take them too. If they are at least 12 years old then this movie will be how they talk when the adults aren’t around.

Edited by UpperWestside

3 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:
  Hide contents

You guessed two.  Evans as the Human Torch.  But they played it well because they teased him as a Cap variant right up to the moment he said “Flame On.”

Spoiler

Okay, that was a complete shot in the dark, but I thought they might do something given that F4 is only a year out.  Evans and Alba seemed the natural fit.

Spoiler

Blake Lively voiced Lady Deadpool, but no face.

Spoiler

She was posting about it on Instagram, and the hair in the trailer as well, so that was an open secret.

Actually it would have been funny if she wasn't Lady Deadpool, and it was instead Taylor Swift, as people were 

Spoiler

Snipes’ Blade was OK.

Spoiler

He needs to stick to What We Do in the Shadows.

If you don’t want spoilers before seeing a movie, DON’T READ A FUCKING THREAD TALKING ABOUT THE FUCKING MOVIE.

I’d like to talk about the particulars of what I liked and didn’t like, and read other’s takes as well, without seeing a wall of spoiler tags. 

Spoiler tags are reserved for the likes of Vic Mackey dates. Not discussions about the actual movie in a movie thread.

• Hook 'Em 2

If you're over the age of like, 23, and you're getting your panties in a fucking wad over spoilers over some fucking fan-service movie then like maybe just start the car in the garage and keep it running. 

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

If you're over the age of like, 23, and you're getting your panties in a fucking wad over spoilers over some fucking fan-service movie then like maybe just start the car in the garage and keep it running. 

I didn't type this btw I was high. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Did this movie reset Marvel...

Spoiler

There was speculation that this movie would reset Marvel by cleaning up the multi-verse mess.

If Casandra had been successful in pruning all the timelines, then that would've been a tidy ending to the multi-verse.  All that would be left would be the Void.  Some of the superheroes would've then been banished to the Void and the next movie could've parlayed that into a new Avengers movie in the Void that saves the Sacred Timeline and reestablishes universe 616.  Hell, that could've fucked it up and reset it to the 1960s with The Fantastic Four kicking off the new phase in a new timeline. 

I think the movie did allude that the Deadpool in the 616 universe would not break the 4th wall since not all variants had the same abilities and the "prime" Deadpool lived in a different universe.

Edited by CooterBrown