Deadpool & Wolverine

On 6/29/2024 at 7:10 PM, MissingInAction said:

Voices is great.

voices is such a weird movie, definitely worth a watch

dp & w was great. plot was all over the place but i laughed my ass off. the fucking guy with the wife in hr

21 hours ago, ztejas said:

Bro what the fuck.

20 hours ago, mdmost said:

You're a fucking idiot. Thanks for not only spoiling it for me but also quoting me so I looked directly at it. 

I do apologize for getting a random one right. In hindsight, it is Deadpool.

18 hours ago, ballrific said:

I assume it’s a joke b/c if a couple of those are true…

You just think you hate Timothy Chalamet now, but wait until you see him as Bob Dylan later this year.

Posted (edited)

I loved it. It was the perfect send off for the Fox Marvel era and I love the end credits. X-Men and the Toby Spiderman movies were all we had for content for a time and they were great. The cameos were great. I need to watch Screencrush to see what each Deadpool variant was. It didn't feel like an MCU movie. It felt like a one shot with some MCU elements like the TVA and Happy. It could've put a bullet in the Multiverse but it didn't. I think Feige wants to close that out himself. I think we'll see Deadpool and Wolverine (assuming Hugh wants to keep doing it) in Secret Wars. They exist on their own world and Secret Wars brings them and other variants together. I want to see it again because I know there are things I missed because I was laughing too hard. The Scoutmaster Kevin line had me rolling. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Did this movie reset Marvel...

Hide contents

There was speculation that this movie would reset Marvel by cleaning up the multi-verse mess.

I started disliking Star Trek movies when they relied on time travel a plot element just like I hate this multi verse crap.

Flying around in a space ship blasting shit or being a super hero or villain is already cool enough anyway IMHO. You don't have to candy it up

• Hook 'Em 2

Loved it. Gonna miss Jackman if this truly is his last one.

Spoiler

I liked that he joined Deadpool’s friends for dinner and didn’t just walk off into the sunset. That was a great ending.

• Like 1

Just got back, plot was ok but it was definitely a fun ride. I was a little worried about bringing my 16 year old to see it but then felt better when I heard two little girls screaming "I'm scared mommy" at the Alien Romulus trailer. I think they left around the opening scene. 

Is it two hours of fan service? Yes. Was the plot development process likely Reynolds in a room with a few other dude getting baked and saying, “you know what would be awesome? Let’s get [insert actor here]”? Highly likely. Does any of that matter? Nope. I loved it. Absolutely loved it. What a fun movie. Will definitely see again. 

Posted (edited)

Also, the previews have me sort of excited for movies in the fall. Alien:Romulus, The Wild Robot, Gladiator 2, Joker: Folie au Deux, and Venom: The Last Dance are all ones I want to see. The MCU slowly dying off might be a good thing for the wider movie industry.

Edit: And Red One (being dead serious).

Edited by capnamerca

Saw it last night, tons of fun, absolutely perfect for what it was supposed to be.

I really enjoyed all the meta moments, like...

Spoiler

The fact that "the others" who had been discarded to the Void, were actually the Marvel projects with Sony and Fox or whoever, that had been discontinued over the years.  My wife and kids haven't followed it for all these years so they didn't get that part, but it was just a subtle nod to those of us who are (probably too) familiar with Marvel and all of the various movies over the years.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I wonder if the reference to Hugh's divorce, which was happening during filming, was actually in the script or if it was ad libbed on set.  I thought he was going to get stabbed in real life for the ultimate 4th wall breaking.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 2

Posted (edited)

Deadpool looking over at the camera when Blade says "there will never be another Blade" had me rolling. Both because it is a slated movie in the upcoming MCU and it's a movie that Marvel seemingly can't get made. 

Edited by mdmost

Perfect...#2 after Endgame for me. 

So many damn good jokes, references, easter eggs.  

Favorite, unexcepted part was when Blade walked out.  I let out a "Holy Shit" in theater.

There were so many spoilers online about other cameos...and not just spoilers you have to read.  I would be scrolling IG feed and see photos of the actors/characters and it immediately hints to me that they will probably be in the movie.  I suspected Elektra and Gambit from pics I saw....and X-23 from the last trailer (wish she wasn't spoiled). Went to watch Friday midnight to avoid exposure to more spoilers over the weekend.

Wolverine doing more wolverine things with the fighting style and mask was bad ass.

"Like a Prayer" will never again play the same for me lol.

Need to watch it again soon.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, utxmike05 said:

"Like a Prayer" will never again play the same for me lol.

Agreed, and same goes for "You're The One That I Want" from Grease.  Just had me rolling in my seat.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, freyguy said:

"who is your dialect coach?"

Probably my favorite running gag. He sounded so horrible, and had 3 or 4 different accents going the whole time. 

Saw it tonight, thoroughly enjoyed. Haven't enjoyed a superhero movie this much in a good while. 

13 hours ago, utee94 said:

I really enjoyed all the meta moments, like...

Hide contents

The fact that "the others" who had been discarded to the Void, were actually the Marvel projects with Sony and Fox or whoever, that had been discontinued over the years.  My wife and kids haven't followed it for all these years so they didn't get that part, but it was just a subtle nod to those of us who are (probably too) familiar with Marvel and all of the various movies over the years.

These pictures are almost 10 years apart to the day. I sat in the audience when Ryan Reynolds showed his first peek of Deadpool 1 to the world and I think I ran back stage right after and found him and I think I just hugged him and was like holy shit you did it man. It’s perfect. I didn’t know him really at all back then. But since then I can say that there is almost no one that has had my back in this industry more than @VancityReynolds. I thought I had lost Gambit forever. But he fought for me and Gambit. I will owe him probably forever. Cause I’m not sure how I could ever do something that would be equal to what this has meant to me. I love ya buddy. @ShawnLevyDirect as well. Truly such a brilliant creator on every single level. All things happen for a reason. I’m so grateful to be in this movie. It’s a masterpiece in my opinion. And just pure bad ass joy. I was literally screaming in the theater. LFG!! #deadpoolandwolverine

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

Nice Pool was my favorite part. Oh and Wolverine being wolverine. As a lifelong fanbois I loved the references that we've been waiting for this for decades. They finally got Wolverine right.

Van MIider?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2