Deadpool & Wolverine

On 7/30/2024 at 1:11 AM, atomheartbevo said:

These pictures are almost 10 years apart to the day. I sat in the audience when Ryan Reynolds showed his first peek of Deadpool 1 to the world and I think I ran back stage right after and found him and I think I just hugged him and was like holy shit you did it man. It’s perfect. I didn’t know him really at all back then. But since then I can say that there is almost no one that has had my back in this industry more than @VancityReynolds. I thought I had lost Gambit forever. But he fought for me and Gambit. I will owe him probably forever. Cause I’m not sure how I could ever do something that would be equal to what this has meant to me. I love ya buddy. @ShawnLevyDirect as well. Truly such a brilliant creator on every single level. All things happen for a reason. I’m so grateful to be in this movie. It’s a masterpiece in my opinion. And just pure bad ass joy. I was literally screaming in the theater. LFG!! #deadpoolandwolverine

Channing Tatum as Gambit: 'Deadpool & Wolverine's Wildest Cameo Is a  Hilarious Reality Check for Marvel Fans

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Had a woman last night at work in town for the night from upstate New York waiting for their cruise to Bermuda today. Told her she should take her two daughters to see this movie before they leave for their cruise. The youngest daughter was nine and she says “She tells me she never says cuss words, but I know better. She can handle seeing this movie.” My kind of parent!

3 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

No way in hell I would have taken my kids to this movie when they were 9. Moreso about the violence and gore than the language, but still... 

Kids see all of this stuff and hear about it from their friends. This is the Information Age and children are so incredibly proficient with technology that they will have already heard far worse than anything in this movie. If parents only knew what kids talk about in their friend groups when the parents are not around. I discovered this in the brief time I taught. Their conversations and knowledge about the world around them blow away what I knew at the same age.

9 year olds though? I would agree that even if you don't scoff at the language like the f word said 181 times in various forms, the violence is pretty over the top and you're a pretty shitty parent if you take your kid to see that. But this is America and shitty parents abound. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, mdmost said:

9 year olds though? I would agree that even if you don't scoff at the language like the f word said 181 times in various forms, the violence is pretty over the top and you're a pretty shitty parent if you take your kid to see that. But this is America and shitty parents abound. 

I would have no issue if my brother let his kids see this movie once they reach that age. Several of you really have no idea how much smarter children are now and how little this movie would effect them in any way other than getting some one liners they’d repeat to their friends. Kids in 2024 are so much smarter and have a better understanding of the world around them because of all the access they have to technology.

Some of you sound like the people railing against explicit lyrics in music 30 or 40 years ago. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I would have no issue if my brother let his kids see this movie once they reach that age. Several of you really have no idea how much smarter children are now and how little this movie would effect them in any way other than getting some one liners they’d repeat to their friends. Kids in 2024 are so much smarter and have a better understanding of the world around them because of all the access they have to technology.

Some of you sound like the people railing against explicit lyrics in music 30 or 40 years ago. 

Okay Zoomer

Posted (edited)

Most of us responding actually have kids so yeah, we know what we're talking about.

When my kids were 9, no, they weren't exposed to the levels of adult material in this movie.  They weren't talking or acting this way.  Not to each other, not to their friends, not in class.  It wasn't happening.

Now, my kids are both in high school, and they HAVE heard it all at this point.  I bought us all tickets and we went together on Sunday night, and had a great time.  

Edited by utee94

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

Most of us responding actually have kids so yeah, we know what we're talking about.

When my kids were 9, no, they weren't exposed to the levels of adult material in this movie.  They weren't talking or acting this way.  Not to each other, not to their friends, not in class.  It wasn't happening.

Now, my kids are both in high school, and they HAVE heard it all at this point.  I bought us all tickets and we went together on Sunday night, and had a great time.  

lisa simpson todd flanders GIF

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

16 hours ago, utee94 said:

Some people here come across like Puritanical starter kits who have zero clue of the things their kids already have seen. If you honest to God think your child has not already been exposed to this level of gore, violence and language in their friend group, well, some of y’all are not as in tune with your kids as you believe. This is not 1975. The things I heard 9 and 10 year olds discuss in my brief time teaching was crazy to me to hear. I did not have a clue about how much they knew about the world. When I was that age I just cared about playing sports and that was about it. Totally different world now due to technology.

Kids are so intelligent and have learned so much more about the world and what is in it than any of us could have ever dreamed of at that age. This movie would not register much other than confusion on some of the sexual innuendo comments, but the violence would not scare the average child in America in 2024. I don’t like that people become numb to this at a younger age now, but that’s another discussion.

It’s cool that you went to see it with them now though. Just such a humorous movie. Will probably watch it a 3rd time to try and catch every reference I missed so far.

On 8/2/2024 at 12:45 AM, UpperWestside said:

Kids in 2024 are so much smarter and have a better understanding of the world around them because of all the access they have to technology.

You might be surprised to find that a lot of successful parents don't give 9 year olds unrestricted access to technology.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Yall can do you but my kids are not watching that movie for several years. I am also the person that restricts access to content and monitors everything. The internet is not a place you let 9yr olds roam free. I am not going to allow it even if his friends have shit parents.

That said, watched the movie again on a shitty stream. Laughed harder the second time.  

• Hook 'Em 2

I took my 7 year old but we’re in Madrid so all he could likely make out was “cabron” every 30 seconds.  

The violence was, to me, cartoonish enough that it wasn’t going to be taken seriously.  Honestly I’m a little more concerned about movies like Godzilla that seem to trivialize the death of thousands so we can “let them fight” (in terms of programming for kids). 

Took my 14 & 17 yo boys and they loved it. I will say of all of them the first would be hardest to take kids to due to the sex montage in beginning of movie. 

Really funny movie and while some set pieces dragged a bit all in all it was a lot of fun. I couldn’t get of how much the bald villainess looked like Rami Malek (could be spelling his name wrong). 

3 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I could have sworn he said blowjob handles?  did i hear that wrong

You did not. Though I guess I would call a helmet with blow job handles a blow job helmet. 

Excellent movie, best of the 3 Deadpools. I can't believe all the cameos they were able to get, so many fun surprises if you went in blind. The Chris Evans joke was the best in the movie for me. Everything related to Gambit was so so bad, it really was like peaking into an alternate universe where some moron green lit that movie. It was hilarious, but also cringe inducing. So many laugh out loud moments, I can't wait to see it again!

I don't know where it will go from here, or if the MCU will completely ignore everything that happened during DP3, but I don't think that they will ever reach this high of a peak again until they reboot the original Avengers characters. We are still probably 5-10 years away from that happening, but it will happen eventually. 

Are you an AI?
  • Haha 1

Saw it yesterday. It was decent. X-23 has uh, grown up. Cool seeing Blade in it too. The whole overly sarcastic/self-aware humor just does nothing for me, I didn’t think it was funny beyond a couple of chuckles here and there.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2024 at 10:08 PM, Mittens said:

Just got back from seeing it.  HOLY. SHIT. I need to watch it a couple more times to really catch all the references, but goddamn that was funny as hell.  

Was fan-fucking-tastic.  Right up there with Endgame for me.

On 8/3/2024 at 12:17 AM, UpperWestside said:

Kids are so intelligent and have learned so much more about the world and what is in it than any of us could have ever dreamed of at that age. This movie would not register much other than confusion on some of the sexual innuendo comments, but the violence would not scare the average child in America in 2024.

Shit man, my 9 year-old couldn't even understand the nuances of Apocalypse Now or why the French plantation scene had to be cut or what the ending meant, or how Kubrick was using Full Metal Jacket as a vehicle to show that the ordinary man is dwarfed by situations too vast and imposing to handle when they are thrust into the field of battle.

Sexual innuendo is way above their head, so I'm not even going to bother, plus the violence hits a little to close to home given how much I look like Ryan Reynolds, versus a war movie where it's soldiers a half-century ago on distant shores doing things to people that don't look like us, 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Shit man, my 9 year-old couldn't even understand the nuances of Apocalypse Now or why the French plantation scene had to be cut or what the ending meant, or how Kubrick was using Full Metal Jacket as a vehicle to show that the ordinary man is dwarfed by situations too vast and imposing to handle when they are thrust into the field of battle.

I mean yeah, like I totally knew all that......what is he, stupid or something.....

On 8/5/2024 at 8:42 AM, Helobious said:

Saw it yesterday. It was decent. X-23 has uh, grown up. Cool seeing Blade in it too. The whole overly sarcastic/self-aware humor just does nothing for me, I didn’t think it was funny beyond a couple of chuckles here and there.

Why did they give Blade a machete?

I went to see it again last night and holy shit I laughed harder than the first time. No way did I think I would be admitting it’s the best of the three. Adding Jackman to the team as the straight guy is just too perfect, pushes it over the top. I did think it lost some momentum towards the end - but nailed the landing.

Loved it. So when he cracks that marvel bombed the multiverse and the tva says they corrected their timeline does this mean no more jumping timelines and they’ll attempt to fix the storyline and get it back to just good old marvel movies leading into the next avengers?

• Like 1