Deadpool & Wolverine

Only nerd criticism I'll have about this fun movie was Wolverine's quick aside about how the xmen were wiped out by humans bc he was off getting drunk. 

Like wtf, first of all that wouldn't happen and why would him being there been such a big difference smh.  

Other than that it was fun and I'm glad the internet didn't spoil the Blade appearance for me. 

40 minutes ago, BurgleBro said:

Only nerd criticism I'll have about this fun movie was Wolverine's quick aside about how the xmen were wiped out by humans bc he was off getting drunk. 

Like wtf, first of all that wouldn't happen and why would him being there been such a big difference smh.  

Other than that it was fun and I'm glad the internet didn't spoil the Blade appearance for me. 

Do you not remember X2 when he showed up and saved the kids when the humans came? Or the end of Logan when the Reavers came? He would've made a difference because he can't be killed. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Do you not remember X2 when he showed up and saved the kids when the humans came? Or the end of Logan when the Reavers came? He would've made a difference because he can't be killed. 

Like I said, shaky story. It wasn’t totally clear to me what had happened to the X-men in his world. Granted I was fairly drunk and tripped coming up the stairs headed back to my seats after using the restroom

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Pretty weak if that's the reasoning. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Like I said, shaky story. It wasn’t totally clear to me what had happened to the X-men in his world. Granted I was fairly drunk and tripped coming up the stairs headed back to my seats after using the restroom

I'm unclear what happened after the x men were killed. It sounded like he went on some rampage killing of humans.  Killed enough of them that the whole world hated him.  Did I understand correctly?  

14 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

I'm unclear what happened after the x men were killed. It sounded like he went on some rampage killing of humans.  Killed enough of them that the whole world hated him.  Did I understand correctly?  

I think so? Then I guess he got the sads because Xavier would have been disappointed in him 

1 hour ago, BurgleBro said:

It was an alternate universe Wolverine, so it could happen a number of ways. I don't believe that was the Earth 616 Wolverine, so the other X-Men movie stories aren't necessarily his own. Infinite possibilities out there, so anything is plausible. I think it was just a shortcut way to make that Wolverine unique to fit the storyline and move on. 

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

It was an alternate universe Wolverine, so it could happen a number of ways. I don't believe that was the Earth 616 Wolverine, so the other X-Men movie stories aren't necessarily his own. Infinite possibilities out there, so anything is plausible. I think it was just a shortcut way to make that Wolverine unique to fit the storyline and move on. 

I get the was an alt wolverine, that's the basic plot.  And he was awesome. 

Just a huge XMen nerd, etc etc, so a quick one line how the entire team got annihilated in their own home bc he was drinking was Sure Jan GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

This felt like a regular superhero movie... in a bad way.  Pretty sure this might be the last movie of this genre that I pay to see.

I think you had to be a big comic book fan to get the most out of it.

One bright spot.. the girl playing the waste land boss was fantastic...

Spoiler

except that one scene when they captured her.  That was anticlimactic AF

Edited by locodos

On 7/29/2024 at 10:49 AM, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I thought it was good, not great. It felt like they were a slightly more cohesive plot away from completely knocking it out of the park.

Just saw it today, this is pretty much where I land. Lots of fun but suffered from the multiverse stuff and too much time in the wasteland.

Morena Baccarin is still diesel train smoke.

On 8/18/2024 at 7:37 PM, Buzzrock said:

Just saw it today, this is pretty much where I land. Lots of fun but suffered from the multiverse stuff and too much time in the wasteland.

Morena Baccarin is still diesel train smoke.

It needed way more Morena Baccarin.  WHEELHOUSE!

34 minutes ago, Horn_Spanker said:

It needed way more Morena Baccarin.  WHEELHOUSE!

You and about 75% of the adult human population.  I theorize that pretty much all gay men would switch for her and 50% of hetero women would too.

• Like 1
  • Drool 2

• 2 weeks later...
You and about 75% of the adult human population.  I theorize that pretty much all gay men would switch for her and 50% of hetero women would too.

Just another reason they should have known right off Brody was a traitor. Nobody cheats on her with crazy Claire Danes.