Twisters

Hmbre97

On 7/6/2024 at 11:50 AM, GreenspointTexas said:

Lotta people are gonna be let down by this one. Im actually sad Powell is in the movie, as he is a better actor than this. Its from the producers of Jurassic World… its gonna be a shitty cgi fest.

Sounds like you’re wrong. Everyone I’ve seen talk about it says it’s a good fun movie. Ofc you dickwads here expect every movie to be some in depth cinematic masterpiece. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/24/2024 at 10:25 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

Sounds like you’re wrong. Everyone I’ve seen talk about it says it’s a good fun movie. Ofc you dickwads here expect every movie to be some in depth cinematic masterpiece. 

It was a fun movie. I never get the negativity surrounding a movie. Anytime I see a movie and maybe I didn’t enjoy it as much as someone else I preface it with the comment that “Just because it did not connect with me does not mean it isn’t a good movie.” Not every movie is made for everyone. 

This is a good one though. I enjoyed Powell’s character in this. 

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

It was a fun movie. I never get the negativity surrounding a movie. Anytime I see a movie and maybe I didn’t enjoy it as much as someone else I preface it with the comment that “Just because it did not connect with me does not mean it isn’t a good movie.” Not every movie is made for everyone. 

This is a good one though. I enjoyed Powell’s character in this. 

In the original Phillip Seymore Hoffman wore an OU hat, Powell should have worn something UT.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I follow the school of thought that says you assess a movie based on what it is trying to be not what you think it should be. If you expect a Corman movie to be a Scorsese film then you're doing it wrong and are going to be constantly disappointed. There is a difference between movies and films and I am more often disappointed in films because they don't meet the mark they set. Movies are always fun if you get what you expect. It's why The Room is a great movie and a terrible film.

Twisters wanted to be a summer popcorn flick with big bangs and shallow pretty characters. I would say it more than met those goals.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Bullshit they flash u a Dorothy V but don't explain where or how they got it. I was waiting for a big reveal bc Kate wouldn't mention her last name to that reporter. 

Guessing her college had the Dorothy from a donation for students. 

I have to admit, I've seen it three times so far and there was one thing that jumped out at me tonight........how does Powell's truck routinely survive tornadoes? The motel tornado....unscathed. Then the climactic tornado and multiple rollovers. Come on!!  Throw in the Anthony Ramos rollover and drive away at the refinery and it makes for one hell of a Dodge commercial.