Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

Just now, billfromlaketravis said:

I think she’s washed as an actress and as a musical act. I believe her tour is going very poorly. The only concert she could probably sell out is the Houston Rodeo if she performed as Selena. I doubt the family would approve. 

She’ll make a living selling clothes and beauty products, but she’s basically a Kardashian now. 

. . . and I would still sleep with her immediately. She is soon to be single according to the rumors

• Drool 1

Tires is pretty good. Stavros is the best actor out of the bunch by far.

Ok so this is definitely a show that gets better on multiple viewings. Went from mildly amusing to one the funniest f’n things I’ve seen in forever.
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, wutang75 said:

Ok so this is definitely a show that gets better on multiple viewings. Went from mildly amusing to one the funniest f’n things I’ve seen in forever.

Agree. I enjoyed the first watch and loved the second watch

• Hook 'Em 1

Tried first two episodes of Baby Raindeer and checked out.  Thought the lead actor had zero charisma.

Every episode I thought about not watching any further. I watched the whole thing and was glad I did.
Also that’s the actual guy that was stalked/abused.

Just finished Black Sails. 38 total episodes about 45 minutes each.

8.5/10 really good show. Violence and gore. Wicked battle scenes and a lot of skin.

There is a lot of story/character development in the early seasons. It ends up paying off in the later seasons, but a slow-ish start. You have to stick with it. Plot twists and turns that actually move the story and not just there just to be there.

I’ve read there is some degree of historical accuracy, but can’t comment on that myself.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EP_Texican said:

8.5/10 really good show. Violence and gore. Wicked battle scenes and a lot of skin.

There is a lot of story/character development in the early seasons. It ends up paying off in the later seasons, but a slow-ish start. You have to stick with it. Plot twists and turns that actually move the story and not just there just to be there.

I’ve read there is some degree of historical accuracy, but can’t comment on that myself.

I'm finishing it now.... great series so far. Lots of great stories and twists and character development.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The Family Switch

You know, McG gets a bad rap, because he calls himself fucking "McG". But he's a competent director. Not great but not terrible. He's like a Costco roast chicken - entirely passable.

Both the kids were great, one of them being the werewolf girl from Wednesday.

3 hours ago, Scraps said:

Got around to "What Jennifer Did" and "The Devil on Trial"

Devil on trial was wack....WJD was OK

Buncha crazy fucking people man

Watching the Devil on Trial now. WTF. My vote is the kid had/has mental issues or faking. He has to double down if he was faking  

• Like 1

On 5/31/2024 at 2:57 PM, Rip76 said:

"Eric," so far, has been a bit weird and a bit depressing.

I can't tell if I like it or not.  Maybe the lead is who I don't like.

I watched it through. Cumberbatch is extremely talented. Didn't necessarily like his character but man did he pull me in.

• Hook 'Em 1

Figured I'd drop this here fwiw

There's another appletv promo for 2 free months. It will work if you are a previous customer and even if you've used an appletv promo before. The exception being it won't work if you have already used the MLB promo

https://redeem.services.apple/fnb-so-amr-2024?rt=social&itscg=80218&itsct=s_mlb_partner_2024_offer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

I watched it through. Cumberbatch is extremely talented. Didn't necessarily like his character but man did he pull me in.

The 1st episode I think I was trying to get used to the characters the whole time.  After that, it was great.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/22/2024 at 9:07 PM, Duane Moore said:

5 episodes into Bodkin. What’s with all the country music in this small Irish town? They were playing George Strait and Waylon at the wake and then Dov does karaoke of a Willie Nelson song at the pub. 

Odd show. It’s tonally all over the place, but I’m mostly enjoying it. 

I'm 4 in and enjoying it.  Dove reminds me of someone but I can't place her.  I guess she's just your typical attractive Irish woman.

Figured I'd drop this here fwiw
There's another appletv promo for 2 free months. It will work if you are a previous customer and even if you've used an appletv promo before. The exception being it won't work if you have already used the MLB promo
https://redeem.services.apple/fnb-so-amr-2024?rt=social&itscg=80218&itsct=s_mlb_partner_2024_offer

Drop it in the Apple thread too. Has anyone clicked that link to confirm it’s legit?

On 6/3/2024 at 8:21 AM, EP_Texican said:

On 6/3/2024 at 10:14 AM, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I'm finishing it now.... great series so far. Lots of great stories and twists and character development.

Absolutely love Black Sails. I think I made its own thread at some point, but I'm happy that more people are getting to experience it now that it's on Netflix. 

I've always maintained that the plot and character development set it apart. It's rare for a show to go four seasons while keeping characters true to who they are. Lots of great acting, Ray Stevenson as Blackbeard was incredible, and Toby Stephens just absolutely made the show as Flint. 

• Like 1

Was ignorant of the actors in Hitman so I did a little research. Guessing most people know this but from Wikipedia:

Personal life[edit]

Powell started dating model Gigi Paris in 2019; their breakup became public in April 2023.[38][39] Powell is a licensed pilot. Tom Cruise, his co-star in Top Gun: Maverick, paid for him to attend flight school.[40] Powell has declared himself a devout superfan of the Texas Longhorns.[41]

• Hook 'Em 1

Linklater doesn't disappoint with Hitman. Extremely entertaining.

I don't want to give anything away, but the story could have veered off in many idiotic and cliched directions and thankfully it didn't.

3 hours ago, Dilligas said:

Was ignorant of the actors in Hitman so I did a little research. Guessing most people know this but from Wikipedia:

Personal life[edit]

Powell started dating model Gigi Paris in 2019; their breakup became public in April 2023.[38][39] Powell is a licensed pilot. Tom Cruise, his co-star in Top Gun: Maverick, paid for him to attend flight school.[40] Powell has declared himself a devout superfan of the Texas Longhorns.[41]

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/glen-powell-interview-hit-man-movie-texas-move-1235905159/

He’s coming back to finish at UT.

The restaurant’s going to store it for him, he tells me, since he doesn’t have a kitchen of his own in Los Angeles anymore. After more than 15 years here, he is moving back home to Texas, where he’ll finally complete his college degree and be closer to his family. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I listened to a long interview with Jay Ellis about making Top Gun 2. Cruise paid for every actor with a credit in the movie to get a pilot’s license. The guy has a bizarre personal life after becoming a Scientologist, but he’s a pro and cares about his peers. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Good movie, but definitely suffered from a severe case of "She's All That" suspension of disbelief. "Ignore my ridiculously square jaw and giant arms; I wear glasses, so I'm a nerd."

• Haha 2

Just finished Hit Man. I’m in for any Linklater. Love how he evidently just flips open Texas Monthly every few years and finds a weird story to film. Our boy Glen Powell was really good, as was the female lead. Highly recommended. 

• Hook 'Em 2