Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

Well slimeball typically means he has a bunch of skeletons in his closet, is a bad human and has done shitty things. Which as far as anyone knows he hasn't?
Instead you think he's because he annoying he's a slimeball.
If you think middling talent = slimeball then Idk what to tell you.
Being your opinion is fine, but doesn't mean he's a slimeball - so whatever.
Also GFY right back.

Typing with Matty’s sweaty ballsack in your mouth is a real talent
  • Haha 2

New season of Untold premieres on 8/20. 

This season will focus on three new stories:

• The 2009 murder of Steve “Air” McNair, best known for his exciting run to the Super Bowl a decade earlier with the Tennessee Titans, and the unanswered questions still surrounding his death. 

• The alleged 2023 sign-stealing scheme in Michigan, told directly by viral villain Connor Stalions, who forever changed college football thanks to his role in the scandal. 

• The life and times of US soccer icon Hope Solo, who unpacks the unique mix of glory and scandal that accompanied her rise to fame — fame that transcended her sport over two tumultuous decades. 

• 2 weeks later...
New season of Untold premieres on 8/20. 
This season will focus on three new stories:
  • The 2009 murder of Steve “Air” McNair, best known for his exciting run to the Super Bowl a decade earlier with the Tennessee Titans, and the unanswered questions still surrounding his death. 

• The alleged 2023 sign-stealing scheme in Michigan, told directly by viral villain Connor Stalions, who forever changed college football thanks to his role in the scandal. 

• The life and times of US soccer icon Hope Solo, who unpacks the unique mix of glory and scandal that accompanied her rise to fame — fame that transcended her sport over two tumultuous decades. 

Will they gloss over Jeff Fisher’s culpability in Steve’s murder? I saw this dude play at Alcorn. In the hands of a great QB coach on a great team he might have been one of the greatest. Damn shame.

On 5/7/2018 at 9:37 PM, D_Goose said:

Meru. Bad ass mountain climbing/adventure doc about a trio of climbers' attempts to climb one of the hardest routes on one of the most dangerous peaks in the Himalayas. Amazing story and awesome scenery.

This is a really good watch.  If you liked it, then hunt down Touching the Void.  It will make Meru look like a Sunday afternoon picnic.

On 6/11/2018 at 10:41 PM, ernest_t_bass said:

Just watch Backcountry.  Intense for you campers out there.  Based on a true story, apparently.

True story...yes.  But there is a very big twist to the ending...

It's YA -- though well-written enough that you're not put-off by it (at least I wasn't) but the wife and I enjoyed "A Good Girl's Guide to Murder." For her project to gain entry to Cambridge, a cute, nerdy small-town British teen tries to solve a murder that happened in her village 5 years previous. Not great but solid. 6 eps. 

i tried to watch your honor last night. had to turn it off after ~12-13 minutes due to writing so lazy, unoriginal, and insulting to the viewer that there was no way to keep watching.

Spoiler

bryan cranston is ham fistedly shown to be a judge who is “tough but fair”, followed by him breaking what has to be a million ethics rules and federal laws as he, a judge, investigates a case which he is presiding over, and then during the trial, actually comes down from the bench and assumes the role of defense attorney, and cross examines/really goes after the dirty white cop who is lying on the stand, replete with a coldly delivered punch line. he also plays the role of “white savior”, as this whole show that he’s putting on is so that he can save a single black mom and her kids from being torn apart from a false accusation from the crooked white cop. i will never understand how anyone watches this shit.

Edited by Derka
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Derka said:

i tried to watch your honor last night. had to turn it off after ~12-13 minutes due to writing so lazy, unoriginal, and insulting to the viewer that there was no way to keep watching.

Reveal hidden contents

bryan cranston is ham fistedly shown to be a judge who is “tough but fair”, followed by him breaking what has to be a million ethics rules and federal laws as he, a judge, investigates a case which he is presiding over, and then during the trial, actually comes down from the bench and assumes the role of defense attorney, and cross examines/really goes after the dirty white cop who is lying on the stand, replete with a coldly delivered punch line. he also plays the role of “white savior”, as this whole show that he’s putting on is so that he can save a single black mom and her kids from being torn apart from a false accusation from the crooked white cop. i will never understand how anyone watches this shit.

Hey man, not movie related but, glad to have you back

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Derka said:

Hide contents

Yeah.  We watch a few episodes when it first came out, then bailed.  Just wasn't very good.

On 8/1/2024 at 1:35 AM, kingkoopa6 said:

Season 3 out 

On 8/1/2024 at 4:31 AM, VABuckeye said:

Yep and it was a great season.

Finished finally. Got tied up with other shit. 

damn. The empress was sneaky hot. 

damn fine naked body. 

would love to see more of her work 

23 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Watching this new Matt Rife special. I’d never heard of the dude.  100% crowd work special which could be awful but I was dying. 

His fanbase is 100% chicks that just think he’s hot. As far as material goes he’s fucking terrible

• Hook 'Em 2

His fanbase is 100% chicks that just think he’s hot. As far as material goes he’s fucking terrible

I didn’t like him to stay with it. The mom with a blowjob school was interesting. I think he works the room like Kreskin, or more likely like a faith healer like Benny Hinn with folks planted in the audience. He’d have too since if he got a crowd of duds that can’t converse in a crowd. Fakey.

On 8/15/2024 at 7:47 PM, A-Tex Devil said:

Watching this new Matt Rife special. I’d never heard of the dude.  100% crowd work special which could be awful but I was dying. 

I violently change the station whenever a radio host lets some dumbass audience member talk, so this one may not be for me.

I've been watching Fire Country. I surprisingly like it. It's got a lot of cheese and a little bit of over-the-top-ness to it, but you genuinely like the characters. It's just a nice show and the point of it isn't to be dark. It's honestly nice to have a show where the characters are constantly in conflict, but work to resolve those issues in a healthy manner instead of killing each other or trying to turn people against each other.

Edited by Pam Cummings

10 hours ago, Helobious said:

9 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

I didn’t like him to stay with it. The mom with a blowjob school was interesting. I think he works the room like Kreskin, or more likely like a faith healer like Benny Hinn with folks planted in the audience. He’d have too since if he got a crowd of duds that can’t converse in a crowd. Fakey.

The Big Lebowski Dude GIF

Whatever. Clearly there were plants.  I still laughed. 

I remember seeing Stephen Lynch in Austin then again in Chicago and thought it odd some dude heckled at same song and got the same response.  Still enjoyed the shows. 

Edited by A-Tex Devil

On 8/1/2024 at 2:01 PM, ajax said:

I finally got around to watching Guy Ritchie's The Gentleman. It's really good two episodes in.

Who knew Theo James and Kaya Scodelario were such good actors. 

I enjoyed it. In fact I have rewatched it a few times. 

• Hook 'Em 1