Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

On 8/21/2024 at 7:12 AM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Ain’t nobody is trying to feel sorry for McNair now. 

Dude was definitely engaging in a risky lifestyle.  The detectives didn’t seem like the sharpest tools in the shed. Interviewing the dude who apparently sold her the gun and pulling out one photo and asking “is this her?”  I would think you would want a line up style photo. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cabowabo said:

Dude was definitely engaging in a risky lifestyle.  The detectives didn’t seem like the sharpest tools in the shed. Interviewing the dude who apparently sold her the gun and pulling out one photo and asking “is this her?”  I would think you would want a line up style photo. 

While his fiancee is there with him so he can't reveal how well he really knows her.

I like at the very end they throw in "well it might have actually been this guy" with nothing other than the thoughts of some random self proclaimed expert.  Thanks for delving into that further ...

Watching the Steve McNair documentary about his murder and every time smarmy fuckface Jeff Fisher comes on I yell at TV “fucking piece of shit Fisher”. He is such a fucktard. 

I hope it exposes Jeff fisher as the true murderer. That fuckhead.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

I hope it exposes Jeff fisher as the true murderer. That fuckhead.

Fisher seemed drunk during his interview segments. I kept waiting for him to accuse VY of the murder.

• Rage+1 3

Honestly, the McNair documentary was fucking awful.  50 minutes of set up for a quick conclusion and then follow that up with a conspiracy theorist talking shit about the investigation which by all accounts is mostly just bullshit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, deech said:

Honestly, the McNair documentary was fucking awful.  50 minutes of set up for a quick conclusion and then follow that up with a conspiracy theorist talking shit about the investigation which by all accounts is mostly just bullshit. 

Yup, borderline garbage.

Jerry was a big fan of Fisher until the first season in ATT. Fisher told his punter to hit the jumbojerrytron during a preseason game and then used his position on the comp committee to lobby the league to force the Cowboys to move the screen up. Jerry came back hard with the docs showing they built the screen 6 feet above the height required by the league. And telling them they could pay $15 mil required to move it. It was never mentioned again.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, wutang75 said:

Wyatt Earp series was great. Anyone tells you Tombstone was Hollywood overdramatizion - I’d say they toned it down lol.

Just finished it. I enjoyed the parts where they linked everything to international politics and stuff, but they just kind of glossed over too much. The actual cowboy war was an afterthought, and they only hinted at some of the background stuff like his gambling business and how that effected things. It needed another couple of episodes to really round out the story. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Just finished it. I enjoyed the parts where they linked everything to international politics and stuff, but they just kind of glossed over too much. The actual cowboy war was an afterthought, and they only hinted at some of the background stuff like his gambling business and how that effected things. It needed another couple of episodes to really round out the story. 

So much of the background I never knew about with Wyatt and Ike, the Morgan stuff was a bonus…couldn’t stop seeing “Tombstone” Johnny Ringo in Wyatt.

August 29th.

Spoiler

These new killer robots (and Timothy Olyphant’s lead Terminator) were created by an AI named Kokoro (Rosario Dawson) developed in Japan as the country’s Skynet equivalent, and who are hunting down its creator Malcolm Lee (André Holland) and his family. It falls to time-traveling resistance soldier Eiko (Sonoya Mizuno) to protect the Lees and try to stop Kokoro before it devastates the country like Skynet has in the west.

NSFW

So much of the background I never knew about with Wyatt and Ike, the Morgan stuff was a bonus…couldn’t stop seeing “Tombstone” Johnny Ringo in Wyatt.

I said the same thing to a buddy. “Strange they casted an actor for Wyatt that looks like Johnny Ringo”.

I had no idea about the trial after the shootout.  I can see why Hollywood skipped that part or it would be a 4 hour movie.  I'm also not sure why curly Bill was made out to be the mastermind leader of the cowboys in the movies when apparently it was actually Ike.

On 8/23/2024 at 1:23 PM, 4th&Five said:

Michigan sign stealing is out next week.

Just watched.  Yeah, he 100% did it.  Enjoyed seeing it all put together, as it was during the season when it was all unfolding and I was much more focused on Texas.

On 8/24/2024 at 5:59 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

I don’t know how to feel about Incoming other than Bobby Cannavale must really need money. 

Imagine if you asked TikTok/AI to write a teen comedy with a cool chemistry teacher.

It was stupid but enjoyable 

3 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I followed it closely and learned next to nothing. The way he photographed himself and made his sign sheets was interesting though. He was dedicated. 

The thing that clinched it for me is all the tickets he bought so he or other people could go to other games.  Yeah, I don’t care how much you like college football in general, you aren’t just buying tickets to games all over the country, especially ones for future opponents. 

And for the ones his “friends” went to, they were just huge college football fans too? If I get offered random tickets to the Sooners vs Baylor game or Florida vs Vandy game, I’m not fucking going unless there’s a reason. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The Untolds have largely sucked. And they started off so strong with the minor league mob hockey team, malice at the palace, and Manti Te’o ones. 

All that said, Stallions is a total psycho. So cringey when he called the team his “brothers”. I got the vibe almost none of the players even knew who he was. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Watched Shot Caller last night with Jamie Lannister, Shane from TWD and Michael Weston. It was a riveting watch. Seeing how he had to adapt to survive in prison and its implications to him and his family. Just an excellent movie. Im really surprised that it was released in 2017 and I was completely unaware this movie existed until last month.

On 8/27/2024 at 9:44 PM, Biff Tannen said:

The thing that clinched it for me is all the tickets he bought so he or other people could go to other games.  Yeah, I don’t care how much you like college football in general, you aren’t just buying tickets to games all over the country, especially ones for future opponents. 

And for the ones his “friends” went to, they were just huge college football fans too? If I get offered random tickets to the Sooners vs Baylor game or Florida vs Vandy game, I’m not fucking going unless there’s a reason. 

It's pretty damn obvious he did it but is unwilling to throw harbaugh or the program under the bus.    The zoom call with the NCAA and his lawyers was amusing.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2024 at 10:47 AM, tbone_ said:

Reality Bites.

Might be the worst movie ever made.

I'm surprised to see hate for Reality Bites. As someone born directly in the middle of the Gen X era and who saw it in the theater during college it really hit home with me. I enjoyed the hell out of it.

I had an unexpectedly interesting experience with it when they released the 10-year anniversary edition of it with Writer's commentary. As a kid in college watching it I thought Ben Stiller's character was a huge douchebag. Watching it 10-11 years later on Netflix (before they offered streaming) I got the DVD that included the Writer's commentary special edition. Watching it again at that age, ~8 years post-graduation from college, things were reversed- the recent grads seemed like the douchebags and I related to Ben Stiller's character way more.

The chick who wrote it, on the commentary track, said she experienced the exact same thing upon rewatch all those years later after writing it.

Good times- that movie will always occupy a special place in my heart for a certain moment in time/culture.

Edited by KaiserSoze
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2024 at 2:18 PM, Dewey said:

Put Kleo on pause to watch The Terror, both good shows.  Think I might drop Netflix for AMC. 

On 8/28/2024 at 2:55 PM, irishtexan said:

I just finished The Terror. It was.......... fine. 

The Terror is great. The second season is good too. 

9 hours ago, KaiserSoze said:

I'm surprised to see hate for Reality Bites. As someone born directly in the middle of the Gen X era and who saw it in the theater during college it really hit home with me. I enjoyed the hell out of it.

I had an unexpectedly interesting experience with it when they released the 10-year anniversary edition of it with Writer's commentary. As a kid in college watching it I thought Ben Stiller's character was a huge douchebag. Watching it 10-11 years later on Netflix (before they offered streaming) I got the DVD that included the Writer's commentary special edition. Watching it again at that age, ~8 years post-graduation from college, things were reversed- the recent grads seemed like the douchebags and I related to Ben Stiller's character way more.

The chick who wrote it, on the commentary track, said she experienced the exact same thing upon rewatch all those years later after writing it.

Good times- that movie will always occupy a special place in my heart for a certain moment in time/culture.

reality bites gifs Page 3 | WiffleGif

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

The Terror is great. The second season is good too. 

Just started it after seeing a rec somewhere online.  I am a sucker for matters nautical in all cases, so the depiction of shipboard life in the mid-19th century captivates.

So, setting that aside, enjoying the rest of it too.  Glad others concur.

29 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Just started it after seeing a rec somewhere online.  I am a sucker for matters nautical in all cases, so the depiction of shipboard life in the mid-19th century captivates.

So, setting that aside, enjoying the rest of it too.  Glad others concur.

I think the Terror would have been better as a 2 hour movie. It fucking crawls to get to 10 episodes.