Texas Baseball Recruiting Thread

Anyone believe we'll keep the #3 recruiting class and the #5 coming after with the Schloss hire, or do you think Schloss will just forget about it and we work it to his liking? #3 class would be awesome since there are some great players, but I wonder how many, if all of them stick?

Also, does anyone know which of our players transferred to aggy and if he'll make his way back to the 40?

7 minutes ago, Skipper said:

As it relates to Aggy players, obviously TBD who they hire but you know damn well some of their boosters are about to offer whatever it would take to keep some of their players from coming to Texas in a pure ego preservation move.

10 of em already in the portal or plan to be within 48 hours with half of those guys being starters

• Like 1

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

10 of em already in the portal or plan to be within 48 hours with half of those guys being starters

I mean of course they are all in the portal.  There is no coach.  That was a given.   That doesn't really mean anything as far as where they eventually end up (including back at A&M).  I'm not making any predictions here.  Obviously relationships matter in addition to NIL $$.  I'm sure Schloos gets some of those he wants at least.  I'm just saying that there is no doubt the A&M NIL budget probably got a huge boost from where it was 36 hours ago.  Particularly if it means getting a portal "W" over Schloss.   Their ego is completely shattered and losing all of these guys would just be another blow.

12 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Take a breath skip, get excited. Nothing is a given. In order for a player to become an option, they must enter the portal. Who gives a shit about your fears of ag money, we just took their fucking Skipper

Just making the point we need to be filling the coffers on Texas One Fund.  I am a casual baseball fan at best.  Haven't been to a game in person in well over a decade (live in Dallas) and don't really pay close attention until we get close to regionals.  But this was such a fatal blow to end the cold war before we officially play them again in all sports I'll donate to baseball as well on principle.  I'm just making the point that from their side, any post-Jimbo letdown in willingness to spend on NIL just got a major boost.  I've never seen them so mad and it's fantastic obviously more than worth it.  But we better be ready to keep the $$ flowing in all sports.

2 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Just making the point we need to be filling the coffers on Texas One Fund.  I am a casual baseball fan at best.  Haven't been to a game in person in well over a decade (live in Dallas) and don't really pay close attention until we get close to regionals.  But this was such a fatal blow to end the cold war before we officially play them again in all sports I'll donate to baseball as well on principle.  I'm just making the point that from their side, any post-Jimbo letdown in willingness to spend on NIL just got a major boost.  I've never seen them so mad and it's fantastic obviously more than worth it.  But we better be ready to keep the $$ flowing in all sports.

Our new coach knows how to use NIL correctly unlike the old dipshit

• Hook 'Em 1