Texas Baseball Recruiting Thread

Those rubes think their hitting coach is taking them to the promised land and somehow keeping all of their talent? Who is he hiring as assistants? Do they not understand that that's who the players will want to work with? Does he even have a network to hire people, or is he gonna be aggie Charlie Strong? It's rhetorical. 

Trev Alberts, folks. Selling ketchup Popsicles to aggys in milkmen outfits all day. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

This coupled with the Belyeu news from OTF, it seems our OF is complete. Now, go get that SS from Louisville, the 3B from Ole Miss and a few more pitchers.

Based on knowing nothing. I expect another OF from the portal, pitching, a catcher and a few IF. I think it's a 1B visiting us tomorrow. Long way of saying my guess is we end up with 8-10 portal additions going into fall ball.

32 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Maybe I missed it, but any idea why Kennedy is looking to transfer out? Despite his weak batting average, I thought he had decent potential. 

Just a guess, but I bet he was told that he would be competing for a job w significant competition

Edited by cochamps
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2024 at 5:21 AM, RomaVicta said:

image.png.6b6461100c4dba2d7a34f9f2d98c9133.png

Yep. They have some great players, but a mass migration of their top talent to Texas wouldn't feel altogether right to me. We seem to be doing just fine, as you say, without them.

These are students, young guys. They have friends they made while playing at A&M. If they didn’t already know, I bet they figured out tout suite, that if they portaled to Texas, out of all the schools they could portal to, their A&M community would come unhinged. Crazy social media attacks, weird responses from everyone they know…

Easier to go somewhere else. 

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, statsman said:

These are students, young guys. They have friends they made while playing at A&M. If they didn’t already know, I bet they figured out tout suite, that if they portaled to Texas, out of all the schools they could portal to, their A&M community would come unhinged. Crazy social media attacks, weird responses from everyone they know…

And some of them do actually hate our guts

1 hour ago, statsman said:

Also baseball players/parents are way more likely to fall into the cult than other premier sports. Would have thought we could get at least 1 but this hire was much bigger than adding their players. 

I think they will have a solid year 1 with the returning production but is gonna be real hard to recruit in Texas when we get to a Super or better and they are stuck with a young coach with no real experience.

23 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Also baseball players/parents are way more likely to fall into the cult than other premier sports. Would have thought we could get at least 1 but this hire was much bigger than adding their players. 

I think they will have a solid year 1 with the returning production but is gonna be real hard to recruit in Texas when we get to a Super or better and they are stuck with a young coach with no real experience.

No HC experience and very little as a full time assistant.  Betting that guy will be gone in 4 years; he will be in a race with Trev to see who is fired first.

• Like 1

Interesting thought. His head coach is going to be an assistant at A&M: positive. A&M just made the finals of the CWS and seems to have much of that team coming back: very positive. A&M has a green head coach but he's Christ-like: Maybe positive. Aggies: Well, you know.

And, they wear too much makeup