Bidet Meta Threas

luke duke

1 hour ago, uoftorange said:

I just got back from Japan.  Only had 2 toilets the entire trip without bidets.  I don't know why America can't get their act together on this.  I feel like if we can get Buccees to start the move it will take off like wildfire.  

It inspired me to add another one to the house

Something I learned in the north Texas storms last month was that it’s essential to have a basic, no frills, non-heated, etc bidet.  During the sporadic power failures, the BioBidet 2000 that’s in my master bath wouldn’t work, but the basic Luxe Bidet Neo 185s that I have in the other bathrooms worked fine.

Of course it’s better to have a heated seat, heated water, etc., but being able to rely on the primitive no frills units is good contingency planning. 

As long as you don’t have to go back to the savage practice of smearing poop with toilet paper, you’re ok. We’re not savages, people. 

• 3 weeks later...

My bidet is in the guest bath downstairs because there’s a plug there.

My parents are staying with us for the next few weeks, and out of respect for them, I’m trying to keep the guest bath “theirs”. But I took a dump this afternoon and spent a better part of 5 minutes wiping and wiping and still poop.

I love my parents, but they need to GTFO of my house. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Superhero said:

My bidet is in the guest bath downstairs because there’s a plug there.

My parents are staying with us for the next few weeks, and out of respect for them, I’m trying to keep the guest bath “theirs”. But I took a dump this afternoon and spent a better part of 5 minutes wiping and wiping and still poop.

I love my parents, but they need to GTFO of my house. 

You gotta add a no-frills, no plug bidet to every toilet. There is no reason to resort to smearing poop all over yourself in your own house. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, nnm said:

Yeah, I’m traveling a fair amount these days. Living in hotels or air BnBs is awful for many reasons, but particularly because I have no choice but to smear poop with paper like a savage. 

I got one of these for traveling.  It’s not as effective as the toilet installed bidet, but it works in a pinch. 
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FDJ8SM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1