2024 Youth Baseball - Every Kid’s a future MLB HOFer!!!

BrazilHorn

Thanks guys, we're staying with a few families in a big air bnb in DS, so that will be helpful. I'll relay the comments to our parents as well.  

We're just about all bringing our pop up tents so hopefully that will help with the sun, foul balls not so much. But,  hey, YOLO!

8 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

Thanks guys, we're staying with a few families in a big air bnb in DS, so that will be helpful. I'll relay the comments to our parents as well.  

We're just about all bringing our pop up tents so hopefully that will help with the sun, foul balls not so much. But,  hey, YOLO!

One thing re the tents. Space is tight between the fields (think four fields backing up to one another) with pretty narrow walk ways. You may be ok but you may also find it’s too crowded. You may want to recon prior to schlepping the tents through parking lot

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

Are coolers allowed, or better yet,  do they check coolers as you enter the place? 

I don’t remember. They sell beer there. I think they coolers are allowed though. I would say no glass bottles etc. you can always say coolers are team stuff etc

It is just rec 12u allstars, but my son just pitched a complete game shutout/no hitter. He had one bs pop up right to the 1st baseman that popped out of his glove. If not for that, would have been a perfect game. Pretty proud of the little man.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Now I need to find a 13u select level team. All of them are 14u and he literally just started pitching last fall. He is mechanically exceptional and that's why he is accurate. He has to keep going. Huge confidence builder for him.

10 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Now I need to find a 13u select level team. All of them are 14u and he literally just started pitching last fall. He is mechanically exceptional and that's why he is accurate. He has to keep going. Huge confidence builder for him.

Where do y’all live?

14 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Austin

Sun devils has two 13 U teams (they are Westlake/Dripping)

I bet Wings, Canes, Senators will all have. 

Maybe not for summer ball (but all those teams already built) but for sure fall ball. 

• Like 2

My son has played select since 12U - one thing you will quickly learn is that there is no loyalty.  Kids constantly wanting to chase “better” teams based on records.  My son has played for Boom, Tier 1 (now USA Prime), Lonestar amd now Texas Senators.  A lot of options, so find a team that has practices that are convenient for your family.  I would rank the overall experience we’ve had as:

Lonestar being the top (coaching, good practice fields, communication and good value)

Senators 2nd (very similar to Lonestar in all aspects but more expensive)

USA Prime 3rd (great coaching but just didn’t have good teams at the age level, poor practice field)

Boom - would not recommend 

From my observations, I wouldn’t want my son playing for Canes (Coaches are mostly a-holes that scream at the kids and I’ve seen a few get kicked out of games).  Phenom I’ve heard mixed reviews on.  Lake Travis Outlaws as well.

Wings, TRPD, THZ seem to be other good options.  Agree with BrazilHorn, that age group the Sun Devils are very talented, making that Team will be a challenge.  Practices might be far south since they are based out of Driftwood.

Enjoy All Stars, my son and BrazilHorn Jr. played together, great experience.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, FigurelliPwC said:

My son has played select since 12U - one thing you will quickly learn is that there is no loyalty.  Kids constantly wanting to chase “better” teams based on records.  My son has played for Boom, Tier 1 (now USA Prime), Lonestar amd now Texas Senators.  A lot of options, so find a team that has practices that are convenient for your family.  I would rank the overall experience we’ve had as:

Lonestar being the top (coaching, good practice fields, communication and good value)

Senators 2nd (very similar to Lonestar in all aspects but more expensive)

USA Prime 3rd (great coaching but just didn’t have good teams at the age level, poor practice field)

Boom - would not recommend 

From my observations, I wouldn’t want my son playing for Canes (Coaches are mostly a-holes that scream at the kids and I’ve seen a few get kicked out of games).  Phenom I’ve heard mixed reviews on.  Lake Travis Outlaws as well.

Wings, TRPD, THZ seem to be other good options.  Agree with BrazilHorn, that age group the Sun Devils are very talented, making that Team will be a challenge.  Practices might be far south since they are based out of Driftwood.

Enjoy All Stars, my son and BrazilHorn Jr. played together, great experience.

Thanks for the tips. I will keep an eye out for tryout dates and just have him tryout for several of them. Agree on Canes. My youngest plays for TRPD, but they don't have a 13u team and their 14u is pretty good. Doubt he could make that team based on conversation with the head coach. He will still tryout though.

My nephew is on the Senators national 17u team so maybe he has some pull to get him a spot. I just have to keep him playing. Only 2 more weekends of all-stars and he cant be done forever. 

On 6/9/2024 at 10:58 PM, tx 3 putt said:

Hope all the surly kid have a great summer of baseball 

So far so good, this was today 😎

Second time ever to pitch, got thrown in to start the second inning down 5-0 in a game our coaches decided to save our good pitchers for knockouts. He proceeded to go 6 up 6 down with a couple of Ks, finishing three innings giving up 1ER, and essentially saving the game that we won 10-7. And he hit his hardest ball of the season on a bases clearing double. Proud papa today! 

IMG_9770.thumb.jpeg.af2dfa34016e4c51623b09dd1fe6ade3.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

On 6/8/2024 at 1:56 PM, HOOKEM4 said:

It is just rec 12u allstars, but my son just pitched a complete game shutout/no hitter. He had one bs pop up right to the 1st baseman that popped out of his glove. If not for that, would have been a perfect game. Pretty proud of the little man.

On 6/8/2024 at 3:07 PM, HOOKEM4 said:

Lord Of The Rings Point GIF by Amazon Prime Video

• Haha 1

Gonna brag on him some more. Next start last Sunday he had a complete game no hitter again. The team wasn't as good that we played and he had 2 walks in an inning and gave up a run on a WP so wasn't perfect. Still won 16-1 and didn't give up a hit. Now we start the tournament weekend and he (along with my other 8 pitchers) will have to keep it up if we are going to win it all. 

• Like 1

We just got back from a week in Cooperstown All Star Village for the 12u.  I had been told it was an amazing experience and it was.  The kids absolutely loved it.  64 teams and they played 9 games in 4 days.  For those of you who haven't heard of it yet (because you will at some point) it's a wonderful experience.  Competition level was AA to majors, but there were a lot of AA-level teams there.  Here's HR and a strike out*.\

* I have no idea if that's actually a strike out or not, but he did have SOs so it could be.

CTHR.jpg

CTSO.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 6/13/2024 at 1:40 AM, Planet Houston said:

So far so good, this was today 😎

Second time ever to pitch, got thrown in to start the second inning down 5-0 in a game our coaches decided to save our good pitchers for knockouts. He proceeded to go 6 up 6 down with a couple of Ks, finishing three innings giving up 1ER, and essentially saving the game that we won 10-7. And he hit his hardest ball of the season on a bases clearing double. Proud papa today! 

IMG_9770.thumb.jpeg.af2dfa34016e4c51623b09dd1fe6ade3.jpeg

I love Walby. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Headed back to Houston this weekend for 14U tourney. Kids have taken a couple of weeks off so team is going in "cold" so we shall see.

Team came in 2nd last time they were in Houston over Memorial Day so fingers crossed for this go round.

Going to Stros game tomorrow night with my boy so definitely looking forward to that a well as seeing boys back on the field.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Big drama in Texas LL

A lot of Facebook traffic surrounding our Fossil Creek Little League team in the past couple of days.  It has been a whirlwind week for this team, and I am taking to Facebook to hopefully accomplish two things

1)  Provide clarity around the allegations and accusations that have been thrown at this group of twelve year old boys

2)  Provide an easily digestible summary that can be easily shared and maybe garner some momentum online to get some justice for this team

First, and foremost, it should be understood that this team has endured thorough and complete scrutiny from the Little League International Tournament Committee and have been cleared to play in the Little League World Series.  The letter from the committee dated June 12th is provided in this post.   No one on the team, nor the league has been found to be in any violation of any Little League rule.

The Fossil Creek Little League Majors division entered two teams into the Texas West District 7 Little League tournament (dubbed as "Black" and "Gold" for purposes of identifying each team).  The Black team had just completed a clean sweep of the Jim Sundberg Invitational Tournament capping it on June 8th with an 11-2 victory over the District 7 defending champion and perennial force University Little League.   (FCLL Black also defeated Westside LL 14-0 in the tournament with Harrison Harper pitching a 4 inning perfect game on 41 pitches w/ 7 K's.)  

This team was VERY GOOD and everyone in the district now knew it.

Concurrently, and unbeknownst to the team, Fossil Creek Little League had received and responded to a slew of allegations surrounding this team. In short, there were concerns that this team had been an existing "select" baseball team that had come over as a whole entity to play in FCLL and make a run at the LLWS title.  On June 11th, prior to the start of the District 7 tournament, our Head Coach Greg Harper participated in a conference call with representatives from Williamsport (Little League International Headquarters) and Waco (SW Region) to aide in their investigation.  The team and its players were thoroughly vetted and on June 12th were cleared to play in the District 7 tournament.

It should be noted here that, to our knowledge, this is the last official investigation and official action taken by any Little League official investigating our team.

FCLL Black defeated FCLL Gold on June 14th in the opening round of the tournament and defeated them 11-0.  We were slated to play University LL the next night in the semifinal.  Due to a declared scheduling error on the part of District 7, we were notified at 7:00am on Saturday the 4:00pm game was postponed until Monday at 6:00pm.

When our team arrived at the field at 5:00pm on Monday, there was no opponent available.  We were unaware that the District had emailed at 3:30pm suspending the tournament while additional allegations against Fossil Creek Little League were investigated.

Tuesday around 4:00pm, the tournament website was updated to reflect a 6-0 forfeit score in the FCLL vs University LL.  At 4:30 Greg spoke to Derek Rush, President of Fossil Creek Little League, who advised us that FCLL had "voluntarily" withdrawn our team from the tournament under threat of losing their LL charter and having all teams in all age groups removed from District 7 play.  There was no finding of any violation. We were simply told that "this is what Williamsport wanted".

The 36 hours since then has been a whirlwind of allegations and accusations, but there has been NO FORMAL FINDING OF ANY RULE VIOLATION presented to the team.  At this time, we have been given no reason for this forced withdrawal.  Our children have been told they have been penalized, but we cannot tell them what violation was committed.

Numerous calls have been made and emails have been sent to District 7, Southwest Region, and Williamsport.  Not a single response has been provided nor has an acknowledgment of our inquiry been provided by any entity outside of our local LL.

Little League Baseball has effectively disqualified a team but has provided no reason for their disqualification and has given no indication of any explanation to come.  

We appreciate any help you can lend to bring awareness to this situation so we can either be reinstated to the tournament, or at least provide a reasonable explanation to a group of 12 year old boys who have worked very hard for many years to achieve their baseball dreams of winning a LLWS title.

More information to follow in comments (screenshots, letters, etc.)

Thank you for your support.

P.s.  We have much information from various sources to provide any news or social media outlet that would like to further investigate.  In the interest of keeping confidence of our sources, I won't lay it all out here, but there is a lot of information behind this.

*-*-*-*-*-*-UPDATE-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Little League International has said that since Fossil Creek Little League President Derek Rush voluntarily withdrew the team from the tourney, they accepted it and moved on with D7 tourney play, it is binding and there will be no reinstatement.

More info to come throughout the night.

Big drama in Texas LL
A lot of Facebook traffic surrounding our Fossil Creek Little League team in the past couple of days.  It has been a whirlwind week for this team, and I am taking to Facebook to hopefully accomplish two things
1)  Provide clarity around the allegations and accusations that have been thrown at this group of twelve year old boys
2)  Provide an easily digestible summary that can be easily shared and maybe garner some momentum online to get some justice for this team
First, and foremost, it should be understood that this team has endured thorough and complete scrutiny from the Little League International Tournament Committee and have been cleared to play in the Little League World Series.  The letter from the committee dated June 12th is provided in this post.   No one on the team, nor the league has been found to be in any violation of any Little League rule.
The Fossil Creek Little League Majors division entered two teams into the Texas West District 7 Little League tournament (dubbed as "Black" and "Gold" for purposes of identifying each team).  The Black team had just completed a clean sweep of the Jim Sundberg Invitational Tournament capping it on June 8th with an 11-2 victory over the District 7 defending champion and perennial force University Little League.   (FCLL Black also defeated Westside LL 14-0 in the tournament with Harrison Harper pitching a 4 inning perfect game on 41 pitches w/ 7 K's.)  
This team was VERY GOOD and everyone in the district now knew it.
Concurrently, and unbeknownst to the team, Fossil Creek Little League had received and responded to a slew of allegations surrounding this team. In short, there were concerns that this team had been an existing "select" baseball team that had come over as a whole entity to play in FCLL and make a run at the LLWS title.  On June 11th, prior to the start of the District 7 tournament, our Head Coach Greg Harper participated in a conference call with representatives from Williamsport (Little League International Headquarters) and Waco (SW Region) to aide in their investigation.  The team and its players were thoroughly vetted and on June 12th were cleared to play in the District 7 tournament.
It should be noted here that, to our knowledge, this is the last official investigation and official action taken by any Little League official investigating our team.
FCLL Black defeated FCLL Gold on June 14th in the opening round of the tournament and defeated them 11-0.  We were slated to play University LL the next night in the semifinal.  Due to a declared scheduling error on the part of District 7, we were notified at 7:00am on Saturday the 4:00pm game was postponed until Monday at 6:00pm.
When our team arrived at the field at 5:00pm on Monday, there was no opponent available.  We were unaware that the District had emailed at 3:30pm suspending the tournament while additional allegations against Fossil Creek Little League were investigated.
Tuesday around 4:00pm, the tournament website was updated to reflect a 6-0 forfeit score in the FCLL vs University LL.  At 4:30 Greg spoke to Derek Rush, President of Fossil Creek Little League, who advised us that FCLL had "voluntarily" withdrawn our team from the tournament under threat of losing their LL charter and having all teams in all age groups removed from District 7 play.  There was no finding of any violation. We were simply told that "this is what Williamsport wanted".
The 36 hours since then has been a whirlwind of allegations and accusations, but there has been NO FORMAL FINDING OF ANY RULE VIOLATION presented to the team.  At this time, we have been given no reason for this forced withdrawal.  Our children have been told they have been penalized, but we cannot tell them what violation was committed.
Numerous calls have been made and emails have been sent to District 7, Southwest Region, and Williamsport.  Not a single response has been provided nor has an acknowledgment of our inquiry been provided by any entity outside of our local LL.
Little League Baseball has effectively disqualified a team but has provided no reason for their disqualification and has given no indication of any explanation to come.  
We appreciate any help you can lend to bring awareness to this situation so we can either be reinstated to the tournament, or at least provide a reasonable explanation to a group of 12 year old boys who have worked very hard for many years to achieve their baseball dreams of winning a LLWS title.
More information to follow in comments (screenshots, letters, etc.)
Thank you for your support.
P.s.  We have much information from various sources to provide any news or social media outlet that would like to further investigate.  In the interest of keeping confidence of our sources, I won't lay it all out here, but there is a lot of information behind this.
*-*-*-*-*-*-UPDATE-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Little League International has said that since Fossil Creek Little League President Derek Rush voluntarily withdrew the team from the tourney, they accepted it and moved on with D7 tourney play, it is binding and there will be no reinstatement.
More info to come throughout the night.

if true, not the first or last to try. Other ways have been tried in the past like brand new charters, etc. If all the kids live within the address boundary and played the minimum regular season games, may be something else going on

Won first game 9-5 out here on the surface of the sun otherwise known as some baseball complex in Waller. 
Now team has break til 6. This place is like a hotter version of field of dreams in Dripping. Four fields way too close to one another so there’s like 4 foul balls a game from other field that fall in play. 

Won 2nd game 8-5. Opposing team had their pitcher trying to quick pitch (we were home team) to try and get another inning but umpire finally called it. 

On to Sunday. 

Edited by BrazilHorn

1 hour ago, BrazilHorn said:

IMG_4463.jpeg

So awesome. Congrats!!

We came up 2nd in the Allstar tournament. Just ran out of gas and started collapsing on defense. Had a chance at a double play to give us a chance to go win.  My SS got excited and pulled a flores. He had been nails all season. Unfortunate, but still proud of the boys. Really hard to win tournaments in June in Tejas.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1