Venezuela Invasion of Guyana

statsman

Posted (edited)

From the NY Post - June 5, 2016:

Sean Penn was pretty much Hugo Chávez’s BFF, praising him at every opportunity. When Chávez died, Penn mourned him and said, “Venezuela and its revolution will endure under the proven leadership of vice president [Nicolas] Maduro.”

And so it has. Maduro has continued Chávez’s policies with results that would only surprise people like Penn.

Michael Moore, who never misses an opportunity to stick his fingers in a dictatorial pie, always talked up the way Chávez allegedly shared his country’s oil profits with the people. After meeting Chávez, he tweeted, “He used the oil $ 2 eliminate 75% of extreme poverty, provide free health education 4 all.”

In 2007, Naomi Campbell interviewed Chávez for British GQ, calling him a “rebel angel” and praising Venezuela’s social programs.

“I am amazed by what I have seen here in only 24 hours,” Campbell was quoted as saying after visiting the new Children’s Heart Hospital in Caracas. “It’s marvelous to know and see what is being implemented here in Venezuela.”

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Any watcher of Lat Am knew the Chavez regime was full of shit.

People who suck dictator dick are stupid and shitty.
And before the usual suspects around here take a “Sean Penn is an idiot” victory lap, many of them might want to wipe some jizz off their own chin.
  • Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

I see this guy posted on various threads here, and I can't help but think he has to be one of the all-time legends when it comes to huffing his own farts. 

• Haha 4

On 4/18/2024 at 11:55 AM, Gatorubet said:

Cancel culture is strong with this one. He wants to cancel all foreign policy and return to an American policy of Lord of the Flies by other countries is OK by me - so long as it’s not my country doing foreign policy junk.   Cool brah.   

Who are we to encourage democracy, to request that genital mutilation end, to promote religious toleration, to demand other countries enact/adhere to policies for the sustainability of international fishing, or to interfere with those other countries God-given  to perform genocide and junk…?

Is your solution to let other countries have foreign policies that favor their individual countries’ interests - but we are not to do that?

Inquiring minds at all.

The School of the Americas was such a blessing for South America...........

7 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

The School of the Americas was such a blessing for South America...........

WTF are you talking about? You think we taught Latin America to be mean? Shit, they learned from the Spanish if anyone.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

People who suck dictator dick are stupid and shitty.
And before the usual suspects around here take a “Sean Penn is an idiot” victory lap, many of them might want to wipe some jizz off their own chin.

If that’s a shot at me - there’s none on my chin and never has been.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

WTF are you talking about? You think we taught Latin America to be mean? Shit, they learned from the Spanish if anyone.

Best thing Mexico did a little over a century ago was to kick the Jesuits out.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Wait, what? 

I don't think any human beings have to teach other human beings to be mean. I don't think we have to teach human beings to be nice, either. 

What I do think can be done is to show other human beings the incentives of doing one or the other. Or both simultaneously, as the case may be.

3 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

https://irp.fas.org/crs/soa.htm

Just a bunch of dictators in South America happened to graduate from there.  You know awesome US foreign policy

yeah, Latin American never had strong men as leaders before 1946. I mean, we all know Bolivar was a florist before he became president.

I am not saying it is a good place, but it is NOT the reason Latin America has human rights issues. Notice the lack of Brazilians on the list? Colombians? Guatemalans? Salvadorans?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

yeah, Latin American never had strong men as leaders before 1946. I mean, we all know Bolivar was a florist before he became president.

I am not saying it is a good place, but it is NOT the reason Latin America has human rights issues. Notice the lack of Brazilians on the list? Colombians? Guatemalans? Salvadorans?

Who trained the Kabiles?  We teach all the dirty stuff because we don't like doing it.  But we are teaching it.

8 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

Who trained the Kabiles?  We teach all the dirty stuff because we don't like doing it.  But we are teaching it.

Kaibiles were trained by the Israelis and Argentina. We cut off most assistance under Carter. That is why the Guatemalans used the Galil.

So you think some nice people go to a school for 4 months to a year and come out monsters?

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Best thing Mexico did a little over a century ago was to kick the Jesuits out.

Hey.  I went to a Jesuit school... 

Maybe that's what fucked me up so much

• Haha 1