Kamala Harris 2024 - If you've got something to say, say it to my face

Kamala has a certain playful mysticism in her eyes, which I find most appealing.  I submit she is “from” a place where there’s no space and time.  Roll away the stone and flock to  the polls.  If you want a self-obsessed con man carny barker to run this country, vote for that prolapsed anus.  Otherwise, vote for Kamala and whoever runs as VP.  It’s time for some progress up in this mug.  If you don’t vote, STFU.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

On 7/26/2024 at 12:25 PM, Js1 said:

Broken Barbie is right once or twice a day, I guess

Imagine being so morally bankrupt and disgusting that Tomi freaking Lahren gets to criticize you and be right.

• Hook 'Em 2

"OBAMA ENDORSES HARRIS AFTER NOTABLE DELAY"

That's a desperate chryon even for Fox. Like Obama--the man secretly running the Democratic party anyway--was sitting at home twiddling his thumbs about whether to endorse Kamala or stay silent and essentially hand the White House to Trump.

• Hook 'Em 2

The magalitia plan on attacking Kamala on her opposition to fracking. The earthquakes in west Texas could not be happening at a worse time:

https://www.reporternews.com/story/news/local/2024/07/28/railroad-commission-to-probe-snyder-quakes-for-fracking-connection-abilene-texas-newspaper/74573600007/

SNYDER — With over 60 earthquakes in one week, nerves are beginning to shake nearly as much as the buildings in Scurry County.

“You know, we've had (quakes) as long as I think time's been recorded here, as long as we've had people here” said county Judge Dan Hicks on Friday. “But we don't know of any that were this intense.”

On Friday night, the Railroad Commission of Texas announced they were looking into any connections between the tremors and the injection of fluids into the ground for the extraction of petroleum products.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

Well, this Charli chick has a song out called Brat.  Or having something to do with brats.  And some culture critic type wants to read some meaning into some britpop nonsense.

So there you go.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, this Charli chick has a song out called Brat.  Or having something to do with brats.  And some culture critic type wants to read some meaning into some britpop nonsense.

So there you go.

Pretty much what I got from it.  Good, so it's not just me then.

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Oh excellent thank you for this. 

Anyway, what does brat mean? 

Well it's not quite a bra, it's not quite a rat, but maaaan....

Well, it's not quite a mop, it's not quite a puppet, but man ...

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

13 hours ago, Satchel said:

The magalitia plan on attacking Kamala on her opposition to fracking. The earthquakes in west Texas could not be happening at a worse time:

https://www.reporternews.com/story/news/local/2024/07/28/railroad-commission-to-probe-snyder-quakes-for-fracking-connection-abilene-texas-newspaper/74573600007/

SNYDER — With over 60 earthquakes in one week, nerves are beginning to shake nearly as much as the buildings in Scurry County.

“You know, we've had (quakes) as long as I think time's been recorded here, as long as we've had people here” said county Judge Dan Hicks on Friday. “But we don't know of any that were this intense.”

On Friday night, the Railroad Commission of Texas announced they were looking into any connections between the tremors and the injection of fluids into the ground for the extraction of petroleum products.

The first time I took the family to the Perot Museum in Dallas several years ago there was an entire floor dedicated to the Science of Fracking, without any real criticisms mentioned, of course. Felt very much like ad placement for the industry and the whole place lost all credibility to me and haven’t been back. Happy to reconsider if my interpretation was incorrect but it felt out of place either way.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The first time I took the family to the Perot Museum in Dallas several years ago there was an entire floor dedicated to the Science of Fracking, without any real criticisms mentioned, of course. Felt very much like ad placement for the industry and the whole place lost all credibility to me and haven’t been back. Happy to reconsider if my interpretation was incorrect but it felt out of place either way.

Dale Watson is the voice of the cartoon that sings the song about fracking in cities for that exhibit. It's really catchy. My 21 year old daughter still sings it sometimes. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

14 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I almost read that whole article and I still don’t get it. But it’s not for me to understand I suppose. 

This except from the article confused me with regards to Kamala.

Brat is, in the words of Charli XCX, a girl who "has a breakdown, but kind of like parties through it", who is honest, blunt, "a little bit volatile". In recent weeks, brat has become a mainstream phenomenon.

15 hours ago, Satchel said:

IMG_1106.thumb.webp.29da5ebeaa2ff9aa52a634345a6ca04e.webp

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Just got my first anti Kamala commercial from the MAGA PAC, they break out all the familiar tropes, San Francisco liberal, MS 13, border stuff.  It only plays to one group, they don't know how to attack her otherwise.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Since the magalitia is content to process everything through a moral/ethical lens except for how money is made, I fully expect them to embrace the west Texas earthquake as acts of God, which translates into fracking being providential.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Gov. Walz was just on MSNBC and killed it.   

He is exactly who we need on the ticket.  

I’m thinking that the Talking Heads on MSNBC agree - and are making sure he is on often enough to up his chances of Veep selection. 

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Gov. Walz was just on MSNBC and killed it.   

He is exactly who we need on the ticket.  

I’m thinking that the Talking Heads on MSNBC agree - and are making sure he is on often enough to up his chances of Veep selection. 

He's Clintonesque (Bill) in how he simply explains the issues and how they directly impact average people's lives.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So Cooper and Whitmer have bowed out publicly. So the field is Walz, Kelly, Buttigieg and Shapiro.  I like seeing the remaining candidates “audition” on tv. Trump did that with his main 3 candidates. I still think she picks Kelly or Buttigieg bc she has good working relationships with both of them. Shapiro was the hot name early but it seems like Walz is gaining more traction. Have to see how they do on every channel. It’s a casting call so to speak. 

2 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

I trust her making decisions for this country, and I think her energy will result in much more effective legislation than Biden was able to do. 

At the very least, she stands a much better chance of being able to convince the American public of the effective legislation being done.

56 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

My god y’all sound so old 

Yes, it is true that only old people talk about the qualities of a potential political candidate in a crucial race with the fate of the nation hanging by a thread. 

You got me. 

• Hook 'Em 3

47 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Several big names pledged matching money, and it seems there will be more of that.

Was it Streisand offering a 700% match? Some PACs use the same voter lists as the Harris campaign and solicit the same voters for money for Harris, but they use most of it for operational expenses and very little of it goes to the candidate. Donate to candidates directly! 

https://www.thebulwark.com/p/harris-camp-warns-of-democratic-scam-pacs

KAMALA HARRIS’S TEAM IS WARNING DONORS not to fall prey to “financial scams” from groups sending email and text messages that suggest they’re raising money for the vice president.

Those messages came rapidly last week as a constellation of seemingly innocuous political action committees tried to take advantage of the swell of donor enthusiasm around Harris. That fundraising push agitated some Democrats, who believe that these groups are being run by unscrupulous operatives rushing to grab grassroots funds meant for the presidential campaign. Even more remarkable is that one of the officers at these PACs also runs a firm helping the Harris campaign raise money, effectively working multiple sides of the same donor pool.

One recent text included a picture of Barbra Streisand, the famed singer, actress, and longtime Democrat, saying how “excited” she is “to support KAMALA HARRIS!” and offering a “700% MATCH ACTIVE” for donations to help “crush” Donald Trump.

2 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Yes, it is true that only old people talk about the qualities of a potential political candidate in a crucial race with the fate of the nation hanging by a thread. 

You got me. 

Wtf you talking about. Y’all sound old still trying to figure out what brat means 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Wtf you talking about. Y’all sound old still trying to figure out what brat means 

Yes. We are a monolith. We all think alike.  The Borg has nothing on Bob Evans Early Birds. 

I’m old enough to remember the Hayes-Tilden election, with Hayes not knowing what brat meant, dimming GOP enthusiasm.   Tilden then emerged the winner of the most Electoral College votes in the first vote, only to be overheard that he liked avocado toast more than grits.   Hayes played on this gaffe to take the lead with Southern support (with some other minor ‘no more reconstruction’ promise), aided by Tilden’s unfortunate “What’s a 401K?” letter to Debow’s Weekly.

The point is, Hayes’s VP looked old as shit, as if the ancestors of Trey Gowdy and Aunt Bea hooked up.

IMG_3079.jpeg.953bcb8a8be3e38a886b8fb7d279dc58.jpeg

…..But Tilden’s Veep called the hawk tuah girl “.. a strumpet with only one petticoat. Would!”, an attack on fair womanhood that cemented the Republican victory. 

i’m trying to convey that things have not changed. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

51 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Was it Streisand offering a 700% match? Some PACs use the same voter lists as the Harris campaign and solicit the same voters for money for Harris, but they use most of it for operational expenses and very little of it goes to the candidate. Donate to candidates directly! 

https://www.thebulwark.com/p/harris-camp-warns-of-democratic-scam-pacs

KAMALA HARRIS’S TEAM IS WARNING DONORS not to fall prey to “financial scams” from groups sending email and text messages that suggest they’re raising money for the vice president.

Those messages came rapidly last week as a constellation of seemingly innocuous political action committees tried to take advantage of the swell of donor enthusiasm around Harris. That fundraising push agitated some Democrats, who believe that these groups are being run by unscrupulous operatives rushing to grab grassroots funds meant for the presidential campaign. Even more remarkable is that one of the officers at these PACs also runs a firm helping the Harris campaign raise money, effectively working multiple sides of the same donor pool.

One recent text included a picture of Barbra Streisand, the famed singer, actress, and longtime Democrat, saying how “excited” she is “to support KAMALA HARRIS!” and offering a “700% MATCH ACTIVE” for donations to help “crush” Donald Trump.

No.  While it is certainly a good idea to watch out for scammers like this (both sides!), tonight's event was sanctioned (not sure if that's the right word) by Act Blue and donations went directly through them.

So just a guess, but it would appear the Kamala adds are running here in Georgia nearly 5 or 6 to 1.  At the end it says, "As America turns the page."  Great slogan in my opinion.  

• Hook 'Em 3

• immamac changed the title to Kamala Harris 2024 - If you've got something to say, say it to my face
Posted (edited)
On 7/29/2024 at 12:02 PM, ConferenceRoom said:

It's been 8 days since Kamala was endorsed. The overthinking of brat continues. 99 days remain. 

Does the enthusiasm go up or down from here? I feel like it really won't go down, because it's less than 3 months, and because I don't see the GOP doing anything that won't piss off women and Black people.  The RNC behind the scenes has competent people who could put together some serious attacks on Harris, but the buffoon out front and the Rs in Congress seem intent on putting down minorities and women when talking about Harris.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

Well I donated to her campaign during this White Guys for Harris thing. They aren't really saying anything new that I didn't know, but I hope the outcomes from this event are huge. Several big names pledged matching money, and it seems there will be more of that.
I have to say, I never would have considered donating if Biden was still at the top of the ticket, Kamala is a significantly refreshing candidate compared to what we have had the last few elections. I hope she destroys Trumpism in 24, and continues to win midterms throughout her Presidency. I trust her making decisions for this country, and I think her energy will result in much more effective legislation than Biden was able to do. 

what a dumb fuck.
  • Fuck You 43