Kamala Harris 2024 - If you've got something to say, say it to my face

Posted (edited)

If Kamala is 50% Black and 50% Indian, what is she supposed to do, just pick one and ignore the other?  That's absurd.  (I doubt it's a simple 50/50 split, but nobody has shown evidence to the contrary.)

Apropos of little, I chuckle when white Americans whose families have been here for a couple of centuries or more learn they have a black slave in their distant past.

Edited by jimmyjazz

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

If Kamala is 50% Black and 50% Indian, what she supposed to do, just pick one and ignore the other?  That's absurd.  (I doubt it's a simple 50/50 split, but nobody has shown evidence to the contrary.)

Apropos of little, I chuckle when white Americans whose families have been here for a couple of centuries or more learn they have a black slave in their distant past.

I have read that all blue-eyed people share a common ancestor.  Wonder how much royalty there might be in my family?

11 hours ago, Satchel said:

I think her more nuanced views on health care have been mischaracterized:

https://abc7chicago.com/post/kamala-harris-on-health-care/15084363/

Harris has previously expressed support for a single-payer health care system, sometimes referred to as "Medicare for All."

Although she initially indicated during a 2019 presidential campaign debate that she would support eliminating private health insurance, Harris walked back her support and instead unveiled her own health care plan. It called for expanding Medicare access to all Americans and setting up a 10-year transition period that would automatically enroll newborns and the uninsured, allowing doctors time to enter the system and help employers choose from federally designated programs.

The plan also preserves a role for private insurance companies, allowing Americans the option to obtain health insurance through the public Medicare plan or through a Medicare plan offered by a private insurer.

Isn't this pretty close to Mayor Pete's plan from his 2020 campaign? 

24 minutes ago, mdmost said:

No, a dipshit like him revels in his stupidity. 

Again, it's their brand.  They have not only learned to live with it, they are PROUD of it.  They fly it, like a flag, gleeful and proud.

• Hook 'Em 2

This is the point of the 'weird' push: there is no obligation to engage with any of this like it is in good faith.  No one needs any of this explained to them.  It is just the trollish world we have devolved to.  Instead of pretending like it is even worth one sentence of elaboration, just remind them 

You are not serious people on Make a GIF

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

All of this makes me want to a) go to an Indian Buffet for lunch and b) kick 100% of someone's ass.

Down for Indian buffet day in Austin. 

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Someone needs to kick MAGA's ass while eating some Naan with jerk chicken inside. 

Mmmmm...Jerk Chicken Tacos with a little mango and habanero slaw on a Naan "tortilla". 

Heading to HEB, brb.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 3

GOP: "Race is no longer relevant and should be removed from the discussion."

Also GOP: "You know she's not really black."

Isn't the attempt to label Harris as a racial "chameleon" really just another attempt to use her race (or races) as a way to keep her out of office and maintain white supremacy?

In other words, are the anti-CRT people just doing more CRT shit?

• Hook 'Em 5

58 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

If Kamala is 50% Black and 50% Indian, what is she supposed to do, just pick one and ignore the other?  That's absurd.  (I doubt it's a simple 50/50 split, but nobody has shown evidence to the contrary.)

Not many of them are willing to do the genetic testing for fear of what they might find, which should tell you something.  My wife and I were excited to see what came out and it was interesting, I had no idea I would have any Mongol ties (not unusual about 25% of the world does) despite being mostly Irish/British/German/Swedish.  My wife had been told all her life she was Italian, come to find out, not one fucking bit, she's British, Irish, North African, Cherokee and a bit of other northern European.  

It really just went to show me, we aren't all entirely what we probably think, we are all more or less mutts, and that's perfectly fine.  If anything, it's encouraged both of us to learn more about cultures that we didn't know much about.  Educating themselves aren't these people's strong suits, so beyond learning what they don't want to find out in a factual manner, they have no interest in learning about where they may come from.  So yeah.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Lost in all this "DEI Candidate" talk is the fact that the fat fuck former gameshow host and real estate "developer" has significantly less relevant experience for being President than Kamala does. Even after serving as President for 4 years, his only years of public service or in government, he still isn't as qualified for the Presidency as Kamala is.  One of these days some journalist needs to turn that around on him. 

• Hook 'Em 4

The DEI thing is interesting to me because it is a framing thing that we don't talk about much.  I think her gender/race did play a fairly significant part in her selection for VP.  The thing is, every single other person for higher office (maybe other than Barack) can say the same.  People are selected because they are white.  People are selected because they are men.  Those were seen as qualifiers up until now.  It's just that now a qualifier was seen as the opposite.  I think Obama might be the one where he can say he was chosen despite his race -- although of course he still has the gender thing.

Just now, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

The DEI thing is interesting to me because it is a framing thing that we don't talk about much.  I think her gender/race did play a fairly significant part in her selection for VP.  The thing is, every single other person for higher office (maybe other than Barack) can say the same.  People are selected because they are white.  People are selected because they are men.  Those were seen as qualifiers up until now.  It's just that now a qualifier was seen as the opposite.  I think Obama might be the one where he can say he was chosen despite his race -- although of course he still has the gender thing.

Sure. She's going to pick a white male to balance the ticket. So his race and gender certainly play into the equation and no one bats an eye or talks about how unfair it is or disqualifying. She was more than qualified to be VP and Biden wasn't picking another old guy like Bernie. Elizabeth Warren could've gotten the nod but it was better to pick a younger person to be VP and break a glass ceiling in the process. 

8 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Sure. She's going to pick a white male to balance the ticket. So his race and gender certainly play into the equation and no one bats an eye or talks about how unfair it is or disqualifying. She was more than qualified to be VP and Biden wasn't picking another old guy like Bernie. Elizabeth Warren could've gotten the nod but it was better to pick a younger person to be VP and break a glass ceiling in the process. 

This shit has been annoying to me for awhile as well. "_______________ was chosen for _______________." Well, no fucking shit. That's literally fucking politics and elections. The VP candidate is usually fucking picked to shore up some weakness, or voting block, or fucking state's voters. It's all fucking done to appeal to some demographic, be it reacial, gender, economic strata, geographic location, etc. And yet they act like it's fucking some kind of fucking conspiracy against white people. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This shit has been annoying to me for awhile as well. "_______________ was chosen for _______________." Well, no fucking shit. That's literally fucking politics and elections. The VP candidate is usually fucking picked to shore up some weakness, or voting block, or fucking state's voters. It's all fucking done to appeal to some demographic, be it reacial, gender, economic strata, geographic location, etc. And yet they act like it's fucking some kind of fucking conspiracy against white people. 

When you realize that 25% of the country thinks that everything is a conspiracy against white people, it starts making a little more sense.

Edited by aggie08
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Oh you haven’t seen where they say Trump killed it yesterday and had the audience enthralled and wrapped around his finger?

They just live in a totally different reality 

I imagine things are very different for a cat turd.

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Someone needs to ask them why it's cool for JD Vance's kids to be half white, half Indian; but some sort of scandal for Kamala Harris to be half black, half Indian.

Would be a good question for Vance - what will you teach your kids to identify as?

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, shakahorn said:

Would be a good question for Vance - what will you teach your kids to identify as?

I just posted in the other thread that it needs to be asked at the debate by the Dem VP nominee. Does he think his kids being biracial is “hilarious” and something they should be ashamed of? 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

Not many of them are willing to do the genetic testing for fear of what they might find, which should tell you something.  My wife and I were excited to see what came out and it was interesting, I had no idea I would have any Mongol ties (not unusual about 25% of the world does) despite being mostly Irish/British/German/Swedish.  My wife had been told all her life she was Italian, come to find out, not one fucking bit, she's British, Irish, North African, Cherokee and a bit of other northern European.  

It really just went to show me, we aren't all entirely what we probably think, we are all more or less mutts, and that's perfectly fine.  If anything, it's encouraged both of us to learn more about cultures that we didn't know much about.  Educating themselves aren't these people's strong suits, so beyond learning what they don't want to find out in a factual manner, they have no interest in learning about where they may come from.  So yeah.  

I learned I'm literally the whitest person I know. 99.4% British Islander. And the rest was indo european. I'm almost clear I'm so white.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

That meme will never work. You can't take away someone's black experience by regurgitating where her parents are from. One thing black people understand is where her parents are from never stopped her from getting called black racial slurs growing up. Nor did it stop them from calling her a DEI hire, or questioning her intellect. As long as she has had to go through the same experiences all the other black people in this country went through we are going to see her as one of our own. All memes like that serve to do is show how much middle aged white men are disconnected with the black community and what it means to be black. My daughter is Chinese, White, and Black. Her eyes are more Asian, and her features are more White. However at her school she gets called the N word all the time and has had to deal with all the same racism I did. If she ever ran for office those same Trumpers would say she isn't black.

It's ironic because they are literally showing the world the black experience front and center by making these accusations. It's wild.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

My MAGA sister sent me this thinking it was so clever. I actually laughed at how stupid this is because they’re really grasping at straws at this point.

IMG_6595.thumb.jpeg.bd508d49705a540725380a05c6b7ae7f.jpeg

This is what I sent back in response.

IMG_6600.thumb.jpeg.17025fd3903de4c5cb72e556a943aaf2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Again, they’ve had 4 years to put together an oppo file and MAGA keeps trashing it for DEI, black/not black, slut. While congressional republicans are like

simon cowell facepalm GIF
When you can’t even get Senator Tommy Tubs to go along with the racial aspect….

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

Oddly, mine came out 3% African.  I can only presume which 3%…..

• Haha 8

My MAGA sister sent me this thinking it was so clever. I actually laughed at how stupid this is because they’re really grasping at straws at this point.
IMG_6595.thumb.jpeg.bd508d49705a540725380a05c6b7ae7f.jpeg

This is what I sent back in response.
IMG_6600.thumb.jpeg.17025fd3903de4c5cb72e556a943aaf2.jpeg

You should say something like “Trump claimed to be white, but now he’s claiming to be a man. Which is it??”

Makes about as much sense.
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

When you realize that 25% of the country thinks that everything is a conspiracy against white people, it starts making a little more sense.

What you've supplied is an explanation. But it doesn't make any of that shit make more fucking sense. 

55 minutes ago, G650 said:

It's ironic because they are literally showing the world the black experience front and center by making these accusations. It's wild.

The idiots are too stupid to even understand that's what they're witnessing. Or that it's racist. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Mmmmm...Jerk Chicken Tacos with a little mango and habanero slaw on a Naan "tortilla". 

Heading to HEB, brb.

Beats hell out of a deconstructed hamburger, and then throw in a Red Stripe.

• Like 2

This feels like fucking deja vu of the "Cablinasian" shit when Tiger Woods was coming up. Glad to see we're just as (and arguably more) dumb today.

I wonder what these people classified Tiger as when he was getting arrested and cheating on his white wife. Hmmmm, it's a mystery.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

All of this makes me want to a) go to an Indian Buffet for lunch and b) kick 100% of someone's ass.

There's money to be made in an Indian/Soul Food buffet...Kamala's Kountry Kitchen, if you will.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Not that any of this really matters, but can anyone point me to places where Kamala proudly goes around claiming she’s Indian? She obviously is and it’s not like she is trying to hide it, but all of the stuff cited by Republicans in the last 24 hours has been news headlines (“first Indian-American senator”) or other Indian celebrities pointing out that they have a shared heritage. I have heard her, however, proudly claim multiple times that she’s a black woman. Again, not that it matters, but the claims of her “flip flopping” seem to be more about how others describe her and not necessarily how she presents herself.

MAGA thinks it's a gotcha when the headlines came out when she was the first Indian elected as US Senator. She was NOT the first black elected as US Senator, therefore that wasn't the headline back then. She's a proud Indian and a proud black woman -- so there are quotes/soundbytes from then where she said she's proud to be the first Indian to become a US Senator. These morons think since she appeared to claim being Indian then, she cannot also claim to being black.

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

Someone needs to kick MAGA's ass while eating some Naan with jerk chicken inside. 

Don't threaten me with a good time.

4 hours ago, BamaATL said:

I won't do one of those. I fear self-incrimination for past (and future) legal transgressions. ;)

• Hook 'Em 1

I was given 23 and Me as a gift. I produced the spit, but it didn't work. They sent another kit, but I didn't bother. The spitting is sorta gross and I don't care that much about my geneology. It's all mostly Northern European from what I can tell.

I sort of worry about people checking out their genetic history on a wide scale because it seems like it could fuel racism through taking pride in your heritage. There is no pride to be had there. It's like the Aggies and the SEC. They puff themselves up about being in a great conference even though they have done noting themselves to add to the prestige. 

One other thing, I'm surprised nobody who has mentioned their tests have any Ashkenazi Jewish blood. Just about everybody I know has some tiny percentage. I may, too, for all I know. I'd be fine with that or anything else. 

My phenotype is white man, so what do I have to worry about? At least that's the Trump standard. "She doesn't look Black."

Being a genuine biracial person-first, anecdotally.  I have a distant cousin on Mom's side who did excruciating research for years (it ended up becoming a published book both here and Iberia).  Mom and I got our 23&me back years ago, he was 95% spot-on through old school techniques.  On Dad's side, he and his Aunt did similar research in the 1970's overseas and in the Midwest.  His side of my 23&me came back with 95% accuracy.  It was kinda cool to see all their work so long ago have margin-of-error level accuracy in today's technological environment.  

What is not kinda cool to see is the Harris situation here in Texas/on this board.  I expected this from MAGA politicians throwing red meat at their base.  I expect a guy in North Dakota or Mississippi who've never traveled 100 miles from their hometown to believe this shit.  But to not suddenly understand 'bi-racial' in Texas?  I honestly don't get it.  Is is just political convenience?  A lot of Trump voters on here live in large Texas MSA's, they are educated, they travel for work both domestically and internationally.  Presumably vacation in a similar fashion.  They live, work, and travel among bi-racial people every single day of their lives, but this week-the concept escapes them?  How is this concept all of the sudden such a difficult one for otherwise 'exposed' Texans?  They are more racially mixed people in Texas than there are left-handed people, or people over 6'1", or people born with 0- blood.  When you see a taller southpaw guy filling out paperwork to donate blood, do you just run over in hysterics, "You can't donate blood, we don't know what you are.  You have to be just the one thing!"  

12 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I was given 23 and Me as a gift. I produced the spit, but it didn't work. They sent another kit, but I didn't bother. The spitting is sorta gross and I don't care that much about my geneology. It's all mostly Northern European from what I can tell.

I sort of worry about people checking out their genetic history on a wide scale because it seems like it could fuel racism through taking pride in your heritage. There is no pride to be had there. It's like the Aggies and the SEC. They puff themselves up about being in a great conference even though they have done noting themselves to add to the prestige. 

One other thing, I'm surprised nobody who has mentioned their tests have any Ashkenazi Jewish blood. Just about everybody I know has some tiny percentage. I may, too, for all I know. I'd be fine with that or anything else. 

My phenotype is white man, so what do I have to worry about? At least that's the Trump standard. "She doesn't look Black."

I think I've mentioned on here before that my childhood best friend grew up to be the worst person I know? He's an openly racist, homophobic, antisemitic, conspiracy theorist Pentecostal "pastor" and big Trump supporter. A few years ago he was bragging on FB that 23& me had confirmed his English and Scandinavian heritage, and he was only 1% Ashkenazi Jew, which he explained to everyone was different than the Zionist Jesus killing kind. Fast Forward to Covid times, and he's railing against "the jab" because he doesn't want "Them" to have his DNA or a tracking chip. I pointed out to him that Soros and Gates had everything they needed between his 23 & Me DNA sample and that phone he was using to post on FB that he carried with him everywhere. Went about how you'd expect. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6