Kamala Harris 2024 - If you've got something to say, say it to my face

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

There is going to be significant pressure to slow that down and do it at the convention.  Lets not forget the catastrophe that Kamala’s 2020 candidacy was.  I expect a vocal contingent to be hard selling, “ we only get to do this once”.

Nothing today suggests that and she already has multiple states delegates pledged. She’s not going to have any real opposition, and frankly it’s the overwhelmingly correct decision. 

54 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Saw Admiral McRaven’s named tossed out by a Dem friend on social media.

I'm leaning towards wanting a more military presence on the ticket given how the next few years are going to go with Russia, China, etc.  I also like Adam Kinzinger, to build some unity marketing to the masses and generate turn out.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

Nathan Fillion The Rookie Abc GIF by ABC Network

No one chooses to play your little concern troll games. 

You will insert one of your 10 chosen gifs now in a reply. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Honeymoon phase and all that.

Too many people and too many groups came out in her support, many possible alternatives said they weren’t running. This is all but done. $60M in one day is just icing on the cake.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 8

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

There is going to be significant pressure to slow that down and do it at the convention.  Lets not forget the catastrophe that Kamala’s 2020 candidacy was.  I expect a vocal contingent to be hard selling, “ we only get to do this once”.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952ajdfbaghbuw78ndbe1

Edited by C-Man
  • Hook 'Em 2

Speaking of convention-there's going a little tickle in the back of the DNC's ear not to over-produce this thing with celebrities and musicians.  Because they want it to be more serious.  Well remember the RNC had Hulk Hogan, Jason Aldean, Amber Rose, the UFC dude, the WWE broad, Russell Brand, and Kid Rock.  They like to play the "I don't take political suggestions from actors and bands" card, meanwhile they do it all the time-theirs just happen to also suck at both politics and their craft.  

You'd better have two pro-Harris celebs per night plus one pro-Harris musical act.  You'd better have the Clintons, the Obamas, Joe, Pelosi, Gavin, Gretchen, Swift, and every red state Governor and Senator who is not up for re-election.  And get the usual token one-GOP'er to speak.  Shouldn't be hard.  Couple of pro athletes (not wrestlers), writers, Ted talk folks, nobel prize winners, astronauts, et. al.  Serious, serious firepower.  Don't hold back because you don't want to play into the "well we don't want to have too much starpower because it alienates some Americans like we're talking down to them.  Fuck that.  Get high and mighty next cycle.  

And please, VP Harris.  Have somebody hold up that cancelled check from Trump to your two AG campaigns and a remark about thanking him for helping get Kamala started on her path to high office.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Speaking of convention-there's going a little tickle in the back of the DNC's ear not to over-produce this thing with celebrities and musicians.  Because they want it to be more serious.  Well remember the RNC had Hulk Hogan, Jason Aldean, Amber Rose, the UFC dude, the WWE broad, Russell Brand, and Kid Rock.  They like to play the "I don't take political suggestions from actors and bands" card, meanwhile they do it all the time-theirs just happen to also suck at both politics and their craft.  

You'd better have two pro-Harris celebs per night plus one pro-Harris musical act.  You'd better have the Clintons, the Obamas, Joe, Pelosi, Gavin, Gretchen, Swift, and every red state Governor and Senator who is not up for re-election.  And get the usual token one-GOP'er to speak.  Shouldn't be hard.  Couple of pro athletes (not wrestlers), writers, Ted talk folks, nobel prize winners, astronauts, et. al.  Serious, serious firepower.  Don't hold back because you don't want to play into the "well we don't want to have too much starpower because it alienates some Americans like we're talking down to them.  Fuck that.  Get high and mighty next cycle.  

And please, VP Harris.  Have somebody hold up that cancelled check from Trump to your two AG campaigns and a remark about thanking him for helping get Kamala started on her path to high office.  

I’m predicting Maryland governor, Wes Moore, gives the 2024 version of Obama’s 2004 convention speech and kills it.

• Hook 'Em 5

5 hours ago, tbone_ said:

If Biden and the party were smart he should step down now and let Kamala serve out the rest of his term as President.

Then she could do the kind of Presidential things as a candidate Biden never would do. Use that pulpit. Act like the boss. Hell she should even pardon Trump, because remember, she’s the boss. Act the fucking part. It’s def her best chance.

But I’m not sure these guys are smart enough.

That is not smart at all.  Dems lose the tie breaking vote in the Senate when she becomes President, and there's no way the Republicans allow any approval vote for her VP pick to even be taken.  We'll be without a vice president until January, and next up in succession is Johnson.  Harris wouldn't live a week.  Nope, it's ride with Joe until his term is up.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

On 7/7/2024 at 9:41 PM, Satchel said:

VP Harris will be in Dallas Wednesday to address the 22k AKAs who are holding their National convention at the Omni.

AKA got some fine sisters in their legion.  DST is right there with 'em but I don't think the Dotard is going to draw from either contingent.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I have no doubt the black greeks show up in force, and bring a friend when they vote. MAGA has no idea what they’re dealing with ….

The sisters are what saved us in 2020.  I hope they can do the same in 2024.

Them black dudes that have been saying they are starting to like Dotard, the sisters should just tell them the pussy is getting shut down for them.  Between that and a smack across the head with a wooden spoon by Gramama should do the trick.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

That is not smart at all.  Dems lose the tie breaking vote in the Senate when she becomes President, and there's no way the Republicans allow any approval vote for her VP pick to even be taken.  We'll be without a vice president until January, and next up in succession is Johnson.  Harris wouldn't live a week.  Nope, it's ride with Joe until his term is up.

Fair point.

Regardless, still been amazing to me how Biden hasn’t used his position as president to act presidential in the campaign really at all. Just lets trump teabag him not stop.

Guess we’ll see what the new day brings.
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I like Mark Kelly over Beshear, Shapiro etc ... for several reasons, the primary one being that his military background nullifies a strategic strongpoint in J.D. Vance's corral: his military service. 

"Mr. Vance, I flew 39 combat missions in Desert Storm and have received two Defense Superior Service Medals; one Legion of Merit; two Distinguished Flying Crosses; four Air Medals (two individual/two strike flight) with Combat "V"; two Navy Commendation Medals, (one with combat "V"); one Navy Achievement Medal; two Southwest Asia Service Medals; one Navy Expeditionary Medal; two Sea Service Deployment Ribbons; a NASA Distinguished Service Medal; and an Overseas Service Ribbon.  I've flown 50 different aircraft and made more than 375 carrier landings. Then I went into space. What was that you were saying about your job writing articles in Afghanistan, in the rear, with the gear?"

Also, Kelly's character and ethics are beyond reproach.

FIFY.

• Hook 'Em 1

JFC. Mark Kelly occupies a swing seat in the Senate the Dems have to hold. It isn't going to be Mark Kelly.  Or any other Senator who the Dems might not be able to easily replace.  It just won't be. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

FIFY.

Love this.  Because also, now is the time for Democrats and Democratic voters to re-take ownership of the word "patriot."  I am a patriotic American.  I love my country.  I want it to succeed.  I want everyone in it to succeed, to do better than they were doing before.  I want us to be safe and secure.  I want us to stand up for and actually act on the values stated in our founding documents.  I come from generations of men who served, who took an oath.  I took a fucking oath to serve the Constitution myself.  I am a Democrat, and I am a fierce patriotic American.

That means I stand for my fellow Americans, all of them.  And I stand AGAINST those who would bully the weak, who would attack and try to overthrow our government, those who would shamelessly lie about that and would lionize the treasonous shitbags who attacked my country.  Raise OUR flag, and play OUR anthem.  Because we're patriots.  Not the hateful, weak bastards who would crown a corrupt king and dispose of our Republic.

• Hook 'Em 9

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Love this.  Because also, now is the time for Democrats and Democratic voters to re-take ownership of the word "patriot."  I am a patriotic American.  I love my country.  I want it to succeed.  I want everyone in it to succeed, to do better than they were doing before.  I want us to be safe and secure.  I want us to stand up for and actually act on the values stated in our founding documents.  I come from generations of men who served, who took an oath.  I took a fucking oath to serve the Constitution myself.  I am a Democrat, and I am a fierce patriotic American.

That means I stand for my fellow Americans, all of them.  And I stand AGAINST those who would bully the weak, who would attack and try to overthrow our government, those who would shamelessly lie about that and would lionize the treasonous shitbags who attacked my country.  Raise OUR flag, and play OUR anthem.  Because we're patriots.  Not the hateful, weak bastards who would crown a corrupt king and dispose of our Republic.

icegif-557.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Hope no one ever digs up my tweet from back in 1984 claiming Jordan will be a bust in the nba and buy a shitload of stock on Sam Bowie. 

Yeah, or I mean, your IDIOTIC opinion that Ryan Leaf was the no-brainer smarter draft pick than Peyton Manning.  What kind of MORON would have thought that?

[Brisketexan, being PRETTY sure that any posts he made on that topic are lost to the mists of time....]

13 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

JFC. Mark Kelly occupies a swing seat in the Senate the Dems have to hold. It isn't going to be Mark Kelly.  Or any other Senator who the Dems might not be able to easily replace.  It just won't be. 

What is the fucking deal with everyone manifesting the Trump "it's only real if it's on TV" brain disease? Literally the only way fucking millions of people perceive politics is how something might play for 20 seconds on TV as if that is all that matters.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, or I mean, your IDIOTIC opinion that Ryan Leaf was the no-brainer smarter draft pick than Peyton Manning.  What kind of MORON would have thought that?

[Brisketexan, being PRETTY sure that any posts he made on that topic are lost to the mists of time....]

Jamarcus Russell was Canton bound! Tony Mandrich as well. 

I haven’t been this pumped since 2008. The excitement right now is palpable. People were begging for a different, younger candidate. Sounds like everyone is ready to fucking roll. Time to defeat those fuck fascists and break the GQP

• Hook 'Em 9

18 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

I mean, he does, but Hobbs would appoint his replacement until 2026 special election.  I'm curious ( @Zonahorn) what the bench looks like outside of Kelly and Gallego. 

Mark Kelly would be great, he's gotta stay in the senate I don't care about AZ election rules that give appointment powers for the next year or two. 

as for JD Vance, he's a fuckwit. Kamala is VPOTUS during a time when China, Iran and Russia have flexed. She's been a part of the foreign policy team, this is the beauty of a VP running, she's not a senator, she's not a governor, she's a federal executive with foreign policy chops already.

Biden didn't do a good job touting their record or putting her in the spot light, but she's on the team, she has been part of the foreign policy implementation and persuasion team, she doesn't need help with that. If anything, she needs help with th election and then someone on capitol hill. that actually does point to a long term Dem senator (a Biden type) but I don't think we can take that chance. my guess is she will shore that part up with her staffers.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

What is the fucking deal with everyone manifesting the Trump "it's only real if it's on TV" brain disease? Literally the only way fucking millions of people perceive politics is how something might play for 20 seconds on TV as if that is all that matters.

Part of it is the media loves to sell shiney, impractical shit,  and you need names, so we will see lots of people who it won't be for a variety of reasons: Warnock, Whitmer, Kelly, Newsom, etc. 

Short of a Dark Horse we haven't heard of (like when Karen Bass almost snuck in 2020), it's almost certainly, at this late stage, one of 4 people: Brashear, Buttieg, Cooper, Shapiro, with maybe a Midwest Governor like Tim Walz lurking.  Basically, run the background on everyone, make sure there is not a live boy or dead girl, and pick the one that you think gives you the best chance to win.  If it's Cooper or Shapiro, dispatch them to their homestate and tell them to shake every hand and kiss every baby between now and election day.  

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 7