Kamala Harris 2024 - If you've got something to say, say it to my face

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Part of it is the media loves to sell shiney, impractical shit,  and you need names, so we will see lots of people who it won't be for a variety of reasons: Warnock, Whitmer, Kelly, Newsom, etc. 

Short of a Dark Horse we haven't heard of (like when Karen Bass almost snuck in 2020), it's almost certainly, at this late stage, one of 4 people: Brashear, Buttieg, Cooper, Shapiro, with maybe a Midwest Governor like Tim Walz lurking.  Basically, run the background on everyone, make sure there is not a live boy or dead girl, and pick the one that you think gives you the best chance to win.  If it's Cooper or Shapiro, dispatch them to their homestate and tell them to shake every hand and kiss every baby between now and election day.  

Um . . . . 

Edited by 'stache
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)

Harris' biggest weakness is not electoral, it's actually administrative.  Here office is a bit like Selena Meyer (or it was in the first 18 months): Toxic and dysfunctional.  But that can be overcome.  Pick a strong COS/Campaign Chief and let them run the day to day, and focus on the prize.  

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Harris' biggest weakness is not electoral, it's actually administrative.  Here office is a bit like Selena Meyer (or it was in the first 18 months): Toxic and dysfunctional.  But that can be overcome.  Pick a strong COS/Campaign Chief and let them run the day to day, and focus on the prize.  

Ron Klain: "please God no find someone else!" 

11 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

As long as everyone is a consenting adult...

Huh.....do you not even GROOMER AND PEDOPHILE?!?!?

That's the GQP take on anyone who isn't perfectly hetero.  Gay?  GROOMER PEDOPHILE!  Trans?  GROOMER PEDOPHILE!  Like showtunes, even a little bit?  GROOMER PEDOPHILE!  Member of clergy or church staff who takes advantage of the position to sexually abuse children?  GODLY MAN WHO WAS LED ASTRAY BY EVIL!

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

I mean, he does, but Hobbs would appoint his replacement until 2026 special election.  I'm curious ( @Zonahorn) what the bench looks like outside of Kelly and Gallego. 

Deep, my guess would be Stanton, but you can take Senator Kelly from my cold, dead hands. 

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

Part of it is the media loves to sell shiney, impractical shit,  and you need names, so we will see lots of people who it won't be for a variety of reasons: Warnock, Whitmer, Kelly, Newsom, etc. 

Short of a Dark Horse we haven't heard of (like when Karen Bass almost snuck in 2020), it's almost certainly, at this late stage, one of 4 people: Brashear, Buttieg, Cooper, Shapiro, with maybe a Midwest Governor like Tim Walz lurking.  Basically, run the background on everyone, make sure there is not a live boy or dead girl, and pick the one that you think gives you the best chance to win.  If it's Cooper or Shapiro, dispatch them to their homestate and tell them to shake every hand and kiss every baby between now and election day.  

All signs point to Shapiro for me. He checks all the boxes if he wants to do it. I'd love Buttigeg but I think his time is coming later. I guess Cooper makes sense for several reasons. I've been convinced that Kelly needs to remain where he is.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

All signs point to Shapiro for me. He checks all the boxes if he wants to do it. I'd love Buttigeg but I think his time is coming later. I guess Cooper makes sense for several reasons. I've been convinced that Kelly needs to remain where he is.

It's probably Shapiro, Cooper, Beshear and maybe a dark horse out of nowhere. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Donald Trump's campaign contribution to Kamala Harris, 2011
image.thumb.png.f9796c4e27f56eeb19bf0e22b67d5a65.png

Kamala should sell t-shirts with that check printed on them under the title, “Trump supports Harris!”

• Hook 'Em 6

56 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

I've never understood how "Trump" can result in that many squiggles  in a signature.

It's not his real name. It's a diversion tactic to absolve and distance him from any paper trails. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH!! 

3 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

Trump White House was a revolving door of people and drugs 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

If my FB is any indication the blacks, gays, and wimmen folk seem to be gearing up for war. Only the Trumpy type wimmenz are quiet. Sample size 800. The "I'm with her" posts seem to be all that's on my feed.

• Haha 3

Just now, Covri said:

We started the re watch last night from episode 1

There's a reason the Max app is featuring it on the front page suddenly. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

The silver lining to this is she inherits Biden’s campaign org.

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

The silver lining to this is she inherits Biden’s campaign org.

Yes, but if she wins, she also needs to inherit a lot of the WH staff too, but I'm sure she will bring her own COS.

2 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

So is there anyone of note on the democratic side who has openly expressed displeasure with Harris being the presumptive new nominee?  

Of note? No. Think Manchin floated himself to avoid it looking like a coronation.  And Marianne Williamson isn't anyone of note.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

If my FB is any indication the blacks, gays, and wimmen folk seem to be gearing up for war. Only the Trumpy type wimmenz are quiet. Sample size 800. The "I'm with her" posts seem to be all that's on my feed.

Trump is gonna get embarrassed by all the people he loathes. it's going to be glorious.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

I assume it'll be a hot topic at y'all's quarterly meeting.

34 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I wonder if she will help with South Asians, who seem to be happy to lay themselves down in front of the leopards. 

A friend since middle school is South Asian (Indian), but born in England and raised in the USA. He has been in an arranged marriage with a woman from India for well over 20 years, he’s an M.D. and his wife has an MBA.

Asked him about Nikki Haley a few years ago and he said that ethnic background meant nothing to them. For them it was all about policies and record. 

He is the father of two daughters (no boys) and is probably a middle of the road/moderate-to-left learning person.

So for him, Kamala’s record on various issues will likely be more important than her simply being Indian/South Asian.

SAMPLE SIZE: 1

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I wonder if she will help with South Asians, who seem to be happy to lay themselves down in front of the leopards. 

From my experience in my neighborhood, which has a pretty good number of them, they don't vote as a bloc.  I'm friends with several who are dyed-in-the-wool blue.  But they acknowledge that they have plenty of Indian friends/family who are Republicans.

🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴LFG🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴

Prosecutor vs felon

Make the case. Just like this. 

She’s certainly going to get her chance. But she’s headed into an epic mud fight with the pig of all pigs, which normally works out best for the pig because the pig likes it. This one loves it and has a shit ton of practice in this arena.

Her background as AG and prosecutor will certainly help. But she’s going to have to get her sea legs quick.

And if you thought pre-maga came unglued with black man as president….. whoa Nelly, she’s gonna have to deal with some awful shit.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

boom smile GIF

Now understand America, the Democratic Campaign did not self-destruct.  You heard it hit the hull of Trump's gut.  And I was never here.  Contact Dallas, give 'em the go for the AKA.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Harris has 1774 of 1915 needed delegates pledged to her already, and will probably pass the threshold for nomination tonight. The other main worry about Joe Biden dropping out, besides whether the party could coalise behind a new candidate quickly and not draw it out for months, was whether or not they'd have access to his coffers, as starting from scratch to regain the roughly $240 million Biden had put away in all his coffers would take too much time. Except Harris raised a quarter of a billion dollars in 24 hours and will likely have access to the existing $93 million in the Biden/Harris fund.

So for the last 24 hours or so, she's basically been crushing expectations in the most important segments and is performing at an all-time level. What a fucking jolt.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2