Kamala Harris 2024 - If you've got something to say, say it to my face

51 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

boom smile GIF

IMG_1274.gif

You have to stop posting the Beyoncé gif. Every time it makes make think of Juston Timberlake and Andy Samberg in leotards. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, BamaATL said:

I like this idea on a lot of levels, but mainly because Merrick Garland hits the bricks.  

While we are spitballing, Obama for SCOTUS sounds like a good start.  

too old. all scotus picks should be 25 at the oldest

3 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Last night, 44,000 black women participated in a historic zoom call during which 1.6 million was raised in 2 hours for the Harris campaign. Tonight, I participated in the black men’s version of the same call. It was an awesome experience to hear national politicians, activists and very conscious black male celebrities talk passionately about the importance of this election. Black Greek organizations were well represented as were trade unionists, working class laborers, academics and Biden administration representatives, famous actors and comedians.  We heard moving personal stories from some who know Kamala. Black men who are paying attention are all in for her.
In  a little over three hours, we raised 1.4 million for the campaign from 16,000 donors. Honestly, it felt like 2008 all over again.

This is the sort of invested engagement that wins.  I love it.  I was ride or die with Joe, but no way this sort of engagement happens without him stepping aside.  

32 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Last night, 44,000 black women participated in a historic zoom call during which 1.6 million was raised in 2 hours for the Harris campaign. Tonight, I participated in the black men’s version of the same call. It was an awesome experience to hear national politicians, activists and very conscious black male celebrities talk passionately about the importance of this election. Black Greek organizations were well represented as were trade unionists, working class laborers, academics and Biden administration representatives, famous actors and comedians.  We heard moving personal stories from some who know Kamala. Black men who are paying attention are all in for her.
In  a little over three hours, we raised 1.4 million for the campaign from 16,000 donors. Honestly, it felt like 2008 all over again.

Will Smith Best Gif GIF

Posted (edited)

Just for you, @Dbeasy, maybe this one will make you think of the Beyonce version and then you'll be all sorted:

Beyonce and Justin Timberlake - single ladies on Make a GIF

I think it works that way.  But then again, I'm not a licensed psychologist.  Enjoy your Beyonce thoughts!

Edited by TexLonghorn

5 hours ago, Satchel said:

Fuck yes. Black folks will save our asses yet again. I can feel it, down in my plums. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

IMG_4386.thumb.jpeg.57b4f02186b546a7d2112b1d355a1473.jpeg

The media is so fucking mad that the Dems have gotten their shit together.

Yes, the delegates who coalesced behind her in less than 2 days will def rally for someone else in the next 3 weeks.  And Act Blue saw it's 2 biggest days of the year (and a record day ever, at that) with fundraising. 

4 minutes ago, South Austin said:

While Harris may not be able to cure any significant part of our country's ills, she helps slam the brakes on the direction MAGA wants to take us.  

And this is what matters.

• Hook 'Em 1

Between the Sorors and the Swifties, Kamala has her ground troops mobilized and ready for battle.  The massive donations in record time show just how ready this country is for someone other than an old white guy to be our leader.  I feel so much better about our future today than I did a week ago.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, South Austin said:

This is what a lot of us are craving for.  I'm not black or a member of any other minority group.  But I still remember the emotional charge of the possibility that Barack Obama would become the President of the United States, and I was euphoric when he won the election.  It was mainlining hope right into my veins.

Of course, our country has been sliding down a hill of shit since then.  But still, I'd love a dose of optimism and excitement like I got in 2008.  I haven't felt that in a long time, even in 2020 with Biden v. Trump.  While Harris may not be able to cure any significant part of our country's ills, she helps slam the brakes on the direction MAGA wants to take us.  

Brisket and I had this exact conversation almost word for word last night. 

Edited by Pescado_Rojo
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Watching this I think of how relatable and normal she is but, also, why do people have a problem with her laugh?  WTF.

Edited by texasdago

6 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

IMG_4386.thumb.jpeg.57b4f02186b546a7d2112b1d355a1473.jpeg

The media is so fucking mad that the Dems have gotten their shit together.

it's fucking bizarro world.

all about that shareholder value and eyeball lock in. trump locks those eyes in. 

what the media doesn't understand is that if they report on kamala doing kamala things like they fucking should have been doing while joe was doing amazing shit the last 4 years, but instead...find those eyeballs!

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, safe sex said:

Because women are also judged by silly things like the quality of their laugh. It was a common trope against Hillary too 

well, if you bitches would stop being so shrill and daring to have a good time and stuff, it would make it a lot easier to ignore you

11 minutes ago, texasdago said:

Watching this I think of how relatable and normal she is but, also, why do people have a problem with her laugh?  WTF.

Because those hunting her laugh are miserable.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, safe sex said:

Because women are also judged by silly things like the quality of their laugh. It was a common trope against Hillary too 

Ron Desantis Lol GIF by GIPHY News

But that is perfectly fine

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5
  • Rage+1 1

22 minutes ago, safe sex said:

I do think that Trump should be judged by the fact that he doesn't laugh at all.  Seriously.  He hardly ever fucking laughs.  It's the most purely narcissist bullshit you can imagine.  He'll smile, grin, fake a chuckle to play to the audience, but try to remember hearing a sincere laugh from him....you can't.  He's a fucking sociopath.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I do think that Trump should be judged by the fact that he doesn't laugh at all.  Seriously.  He hardly ever fucking laughs.  It's the most purely narcissist bullshit you can imagine.  He'll smile, grin, fake a chuckle to play to the audience, but try to remember hearing a sincere laugh from him....you can't.  He's a fucking sociopath.

He could get a laugh out of Jeffrey Epstein, though.

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 2

6 hours ago, Bookman said:

She needs to make this election about abortion, democracy, and Trump.

She needs to go after Alito and Thomas for corruption. While we're at it, Kavanaugh, Barrett, and Gorsuch are all lying fucks, and should be held to task. 

She needs to stop talking about the assault weapons ban.  Keep it about what you stated above.

Somewhere in Iowa, there's a woman in her late 40's remembering her question out of the blue this week.  Happening slightly different, and much later on than their conversation predicted, but sometimes just uttering something into the ether of the universe can change the course.