Kamala Harris 2024 - If you've got something to say, say it to my face

6 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

You’re a clown for slobbin on her knob. She got obliterated in the last round of primaries she was a non-factor because of the things I mentioned. It is t because she’s fucking black.

She wasn’t when a major player in those primaries. There were like 15 people above her. She sucked.

Now she’s your fucking choice and she’s awesome? Your own party thought she blew chunks. Get real man.

Still not one substantive reason why you don’t like her. And by the way, I’m not a Democrat. It ain’t my party. She has a tremendous record of achievement including Vice President. For you to say the things you are saying with no substantive rationale is peculiar. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

41 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

What I am getting here is that there is no tolerance for people that dislike both candidates.

Is this correct?

I don’t think that’s true. But, we only have the options on the ballot, of which she is best.
I’ve only voted *for* anyone once. I’m very comfortable voting against, and Kamala is the vote against Trump. This is an easy choice. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

I don’t think that’s true. But, we only have the options on the ballot, of which she is best.
I’ve only voted *for* anyone once. I’m very comfortable voting against, and Kamala is the vote against Trump. This is an easy choice. 

Well you should read the last 20 posts or so then decide. It’s pretty clear lol.

On 7/23/2024 at 8:07 AM, Mittens said:

Between the Sorors and the Swifties, Kamala has her ground troops mobilized and ready for battle.  The massive donations in record time show just how ready this country is for someone other than an old white guy to be our leader.  I feel so much better about our future today than I did a week ago.

Honestly, I don’t think it’s about old white guys as much as it’s people being sick to death of Trump and his old, tired hateful bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

It’s ok. He thinks Trump sucks.
He’s still going to vote for him, enthusiastically, because wokeness and laughing and stuff, but he said Trump sucks, so he has inoculated himself against any judgment. That’s how it works.

I’m not voting for Trump. I think that assessment is a bit unfair. You should be more tolerant of differing opinions. I mean I met you in a parking lot to get you some 308 so I should have a little leeway here. Shit I saw you at Tonya’s and we got along fine.

I don’t like either candidate. Why is it that you think I’m a Maga? I’m not.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Sounds to me like you're an oversensitive bitch who gets offended by fucking everything and everybody

You sound like you’re offended that I don’t like Kamala. You should redirect your post to yourself.

Gun dealer who has been absent from the political threads suddenly shows up to say Harris is unqualified and can’t back it up. Yep, the Republicans are scared. 

• Hook 'Em 8

Gun dealer who has been absent from the political threads suddenly shows up to say Harris is unqualified and can’t back it up. Yep, the Republicans are scared. 

lol - she has a better chance of winning than Biden. I’m not scared, but I’m not a republican. I’ve voted for both parties.

I’ve never seen so many people crying over someone not liking their candidate.

Posted (edited)

Because your reasoning is completely stupid (among other things), but you don't seem like a completely stupid (among other things) person. And an awful lot of America is completely stupid (among other things).

Aim to do better, citizen

Edited by safe sex
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

I’m not voting for Trump. I think that assessment is a bit unfair. You should be more tolerant of differing opinions. I mean I met you in a parking lot to get you some 308 so I should have a little leeway here. Shit I saw you at Tonya’s and we got along fine.

I don’t like either candidate. Why is it that you think I’m a Maga? I’m not.

I’m quite tolerant of different opinions…except when those “opinions” ultimately support our destruction, and cause unspeakable pain to countless people.
And sorry, but the correlation of “I don’t like [Dem candidate for anything]” is functionally 100% with “so I…reluctantly, you MADE ME DO THIS WITH YOUR WOKENESS….have to vote for Trump/Abbott/Paxton.” Or, a simple false denial that they are voting for Trump when they actually are doing so.
We live in a world where there is Trump, and “not Trump.” And by being against one, you are functionally for the other. I’ve been politically involved and active my whole life (seriously, since I was 10). The threat Trump and Trumpism presents is existential. So, any perspective that doesn’t start from that truth is suspect as shit.
  • Hook 'Em 7

19 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

You sound like you’re offended that I don’t like Kamala. You should redirect your post to yourself.

Nobody gives a shit what you think. And calling you a bitch doesn't mean we're offended, it means you're a bitch.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

I’m not voting for Trump. I don’t like either candidate. Why is it that you think I’m a Maga? I’m not.

5 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

lol - she has a better chance of winning than Biden. I’m not scared, but I’m not a republican. I’ve voted for both parties.

Who are you voting for?

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Mittens said:

If Taylor Swift would like to jump into the fray like Beyonce did, she should license Kamala the ability to use her song "Only The Young" to appeal to younger voters. It was a song she wrote in 2018 when she decided to get off the sidelines and support LGBTQ+ people and encouraged her fans to sign up to vote. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Mittens said:

Now....to GET ALL THOSE YOUNG PEOPLE TO TURN THE FUCK OUT.

I pray like hell that the Harris campaign has an army of fucking people making TikToks about how great she is, how great the future looks if only young people will vote, how easy it is to register to vote, all that shit.

Oh, and yeah there definitely needs to be a full-court press to get Taylor Swift to take a position and openly support the campaign.  She's a billionaire.  She won't lose any meaningful fan base or sales by taking this position - Swifties are loyal to TayTay, not Trump or anyone else.

14 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Texags calls her Kackling Kamala. And then they all laugh and laugh about it. Seriously, adults. Adults think that’s funny and clever

Those highlighted words are an oxymoron. That is why you are struggling to understand.

3 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

I'm baffled at how someone thinks Harris isn't presidential enough when she's running against arguably the stupidest and most immature POTUS ever who is still a threat to win again.

I mean, it's extremely clear that it's just racism and misogyny. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I mean, it's extremely clear that it's just racism and misogyny. 

Assume the worst hope for the best. I hope he's just uninformed and has his head in the sand, but there's a real possibility he's just kind of a piece of shit. 

11 minutes ago, immamac said:

Assume the worst hope for the best. I hope he's just uninformed and has his head in the sand, but there's a real possibility he's just kind of a piece of shit. 

He's talking about her as if she speaks like Corrine Brown (the "Go Gata" Congresswoman).  It's not hard to figure out why.

19 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

He's talking about her as if she speaks like Corrine Brown (the "Go Gata" Congresswoman).  It's not hard to figure out why.

Just wait, I'm sure we are days out from "ghetto" and "ratchet"

The same things Brown, Jackson Lee, Crockett, etc. are/were used to 

I stand corrected (as usual).  Since the '72 election (First signs of winding down infantry movement, but air strikes in Cambodia, the Pentagon Papers, Kent State, plus the novelty of being able to now vote as a teenager), is the first of any sizable turnout among young people.  Of course Nixon wins easily, but they come out in far great percentages than ever before.  Some of that carries over to 1976 and helps propel Carter over Ford.  After that, 40+ years of being a non-starter.  Percentages of under 25 voters remains abysmal despite all the efforts put into turning out their voting bloc. 

But this cycle is somewhat different and could offer a glimmer of hope a glimmer of doom.  There is real, measurable, angst among young voters about Israel/Palestine.  Founded or Misguided, There's enough of them in one swing state or another to fuck something up.  I don't think they go for Trump outta spite.  But they'll either be staying home or casting a pout vote for RFK or Stein.  Other than women's rights over the decades (and a distant third being Iraq in 2004), I can't remember a single-issue so energize such a demographic that the Democratic needs more than ever.    

The second is I really didn't appreciate the gravitas and influence that Taylor Swift holds over so many young women (most of whom are now of voting age), until my oldest got really into her a year or two ago.  I took the time to look into her subtle encouragement of being active, being positive, and having agency.  If she can get 60,000 young women to the polls in a 6 states, for the first time in their lives, it's game over for Trump.  I know that's an overly simplistic strategy, but if anybody can do it, it's her.  Average 18yo Swiftie has no idea who the fuck the Clintons are.  Average 18yo Swiftie sends in a photo of their new voter registration hat for some schwag and a chance to win tickets to one of her concerts, well then---welcome to the next phase of Democracy.  Because we'll still have one.  

I can't wait for the Eras Tour to end.  Selfishly, so I don't have to hear about it anymore from my daughter and her friends.  But most important---she wraps up on 20 August.  Giver her a week to get home and recoup.  And then spend September doing appearances and virals and all that to get voter registrations up.  States vary their deadlines, and even within states-the deadline is often different if you're doing in-person, by mail, etc.  Basically think of 1 OCT as the hard stop date.  She doesn't have to be partisan, just get them registered throughout the month of September.  Hopefully, October Harris is kicking ass and taking names, roll out one celeb and high-profile Democrat after another every few days.  Hope the Trump sentencing is appropriate.  Taylor doesn't headline the Harris victory party, but she just so happens to play an overflow show somewhere in the D.C./Nationals Park/etc. area that same night or the next.  Rest up and then it's on to Toronto.  

I never thought my biggest fantasy about Taylor Swift would be about her travel logistics.  "Dear Expedia:  I never thought this would happen to a guy like me, but recently..."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

https://dennisholeman.com/the/

This is a good read on this topic. Intelligence is actually your IQ minus your SQ 

Clever way to put it into perspective. 

Love this concept:

In 1976 UC Berkeley professor Carlo M. Cipolla proposed the Golden Law of Stupidity: A stupid person is one who causes problems for others without any clear benefit to himself.

Today, he could just say "MAGAs.  I'm talking about MAGAs."

And the challenge for the rest of us is this:

Stupid people are particularly dangerous because reasonable people find it difficult to understand unreasonable behavior.  It is possible to understand the thinking of a bandit, and see his logic in order to predict his actions and set up defenses against them.  But you have no rational way of seeing the motives of a stupid person and anticipate what, when, where, and how the stupid person will act in a way to cause you problems.

I don't speak fluent "stupid."  Sure, I picked up a few words of it back in my juvenile drinking days, but just enough to get by in a short social situation.  It's just really, really hard to communicate with the stupids in a way that genuinely connects if you aren't a stupid yourself.  DJT is a savant at communicating with the stupids, because he is the perfect creature: a born stupid who was gifted money and who has just enough instinct to manipulate other stupids.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Still not one substantive reason why you don’t like her. And by the way, I’m not a Democrat. It ain’t my party. She has a tremendous record of achievement including Vice President. For you to say the things you are saying with no substantive rationale is peculiar. 

Times change.  People grow.  Not a hard concept.  You state your idiotic view as 2+2.    Not a Democratic?  Who fucin’ knew?

Posted (edited)

The "laughin Kamala" thing reminds me of a criticism they had against Hillary in 2016.  There was of course the same accusations against her like calling it a "cackle" a "hyena laugh" etc, but there was one particular instance they clung to. They framed a short clip as "laughing at getting a pedo off on a technicality."

There was an interview Hillary gave many years before the election in which she talked about her time as a defense attorney. There was a segment of it where her and the interviewer laugh at the outcome of the case they mention. What they leave out is the context of it, where iirc the prosecution had requested DNA testing to get evidence from the victim's clothes. In the process, the testing company cut out all the pieces of the clothes they tested, and did not return those cutouts. She successfully argued that this was essentially destroying the evidence, as they couldn't corroborate the results themselves. She and the interviewer were laughing at how inexplicably stupid it was of the prosecution to destroy their main piece of evidence and lose the case due to it. Those details don't show up in the 8 second clips you see on social media,but that's what these things get reduced to by unserious people who simply don't care about the truth. 

Edited by Dutchrudder
  • Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, Handcruser said:

Marianne Williamson lasted longer than Kamala. I guess she was fucking awesome too and you want to bang her or something.

Sounds like you’re going to have quite the dilemma comes 11/5.

15 hours ago, Handcruser said:

5 hours ago, immamac said:

It's hard to be taken seriously with the blistering hot takes of "she's not very smart or very presidential" 

It honestly makes you sound like the wildebeest trump voters in Wisconsin who gave an interview and embarrassed themselves on national television. Those were clearly stupid people. Stupid people cannot assess intelligence, it's a real thing. 

I am not here saying Kamala is the best candidate evarrrrrrrr, but seriously would you rather have kept Joe mushbrain Biden? What's your alternative in our 2 party system where one party is running the powerhouse ticket of *checks notes* Donald Trump, a twice impeached (for valid real reasons Ukraine Call and January 6) former president who lost by a record number of voters (popular vote) in the 2020 election by a not particularly close EC amount (although small margin in the swing states that Biden won) who lost every lawsuit he brought related to that election and still has not substantiated any of the fraud he has claimed. And JD Vance. A silicon valley pawn who wrote a bad book and can't even shake the rumor that he fucked couches. 

You are saying Kamala is just not acceptable as a candidate against that? Because she's not very smart and not very presidential? It's just hard to take that opinion seriously. It screams misogyny and racist tropes at worst and it's burying your head in the sand at best. 

@Handcruser you need to read and re-read immamac’s post. If I recall, you work in the tech industry in a tech role, so that means you’ve got some brains. And if you have some brains, then your view of a candidate ought to be based on correct and fair information. You can’t blame stupidity.

There are things I don’t like about Harris, including her positions on certain issues. But to say she’s a terrible candidate is ridiculous.

She’s been an AG of one of the most important states in the country. She been a senator. She’s been VP. She has a law degree. How can you possibly say she’s not smart? How can you say she’s not Presidential? There is no basis for that viewpoint. To lump her with Trump as two “bad candidates” is like saying Einstein (Harris) is the same as a baboon (Trump). It’s insane. 

16 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

@Handcruser you need to read and re-read immamac’s post. If I recall, you work in the tech industry in a tech role, so that means you’ve got some brains. And if you have some brains, then your view of a candidate ought to be based on correct and fair information. You can’t blame stupidity.

There are things I don’t like about Harris, including her positions on certain issues. But to say she’s a terrible candidate is ridiculous.

She’s been an AG of one of the most important states in the country. She been a senator. She’s been VP. She has a law degree. How can you possibly say she’s not smart? How can you say she’s not Presidential? There is no basis for that viewpoint. To lump her with Trump as two “bad candidates” is like saying Einstein (Harris) is the same as a baboon (Trump). It’s insane. 

15 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Isn't handcruser the gun dealer?

Yes