Kamala Harris 2024 - If you've got something to say, say it to my face

1 minute ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

"Texags" and "adults" aren't mutually exclusive. Example: "Texags is full of adults who are sexually attracted to children livestock."

FIFY

29 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Isn't handcruser the gun dealer?

13 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Yes

Ah, well then, that probably explains it. 

As a side note unrelated to this, I know a lot of people that spend a lot of time with rural folks, because of their career. They tend to be more Trumpers because of it. A lot of people’s views are shaped by the company they keep, not their own critical thinking. 

33 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

@Handcruser you need to read and re-read immamac’s post. If I recall, you work in the tech industry in a tech role, so that means you’ve got some brains. And if you have some brains, then your view of a candidate ought to be based on correct and fair information. You can’t blame stupidity.

There are things I don’t like about Harris, including her positions on certain issues. But to say she’s a terrible candidate is ridiculous.

She’s been an AG of one of the most important states in the country. She been a senator. She’s been VP. She has a law degree. How can you possibly say she’s not smart? How can you say she’s not Presidential? There is no basis for that viewpoint. To lump her with Trump as two “bad candidates” is like saying Einstein (Harris) is the same as a baboon (Trump). It’s insane. 

He’s a gun dork. He’ll do whatever his boss at Jim Bob’s House of Guns & Bait and the NRA tells him to do. And, in case you haven’t been paying attention, Kamala is a DEI hire according to the crowd he spends all of his time with so that’s the basis of his opinion.

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

As a side note unrelated to this, I know a lot of people that spend a lot of time with rural folks, because of their career. They tend to be more Trumpers because of it. A lot of people’s views are shaped by the company they keep, not their own critical thinking. 

Indiana Official Says Blackface Costume Was Inspired By 'Chappelle's Show'  Skit - Okayplayer

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I've spent a goodly portion of the last 25 years of my career traveling around rural places all over Texas and the Deep South. Having also grown up in a small, conservative West Texas town, I intimately understand how they think and why they believe what they do.

I just don't agree with them on most political topics—and haven't since well before moving to the big city of Austin for grad school in 1996. But, as you imply, critical and strategic thinking can often be in short supply among many rural decision-makers and their masses.

[mention=214]Handcruser[/mention] you need to read and re-read immamac’s post. If I recall, you work in the tech industry in a tech role, so that means you’ve got some brains. And if you have some brains, then your view of a candidate ought to be based on correct and fair information. You can’t blame stupidity.
There are things I don’t like about Harris, including her positions on certain issues. But to say she’s a terrible candidate is ridiculous.
She’s been an AG of one of the most important states in the country. She been a senator. She’s been VP. She has a law degree. How can you possibly say she’s not smart? How can you say she’s not Presidential? There is no basis for that viewpoint. To lump her with Trump as two “bad candidates” is like saying Einstein (Harris) is the same as a baboon (Trump). It’s insane. 

I did tech previously. Career change as my interests evolved over time.

I was having this talk with some “rural” folks in regards to Harris ascending to the top of the ticket. They were trumpers, and very excited. I asked them why, as the polling showed Trump is set up nicely against Biden, but not so much with Harris. Like, you’re switching out a victory for a defeat and you’re excited about it.

I think they both suck. Obviously, that is unacceptable to you guys- you just can’t tolerate someone not liking “your candidate”.

I lean independent. I’ve voted both ways. I’m not a fucking idiot. I did not vote for Trump in 2016. I’m not a registered republican.

I’ve been warned about cloak room - gave it a shot and it’s not for me!
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

I was having this talk with some “rural” folks in regards to Harris ascending to the top of the ticket. They were trumpers, and very excited. I asked them why, as the polling showed Trump is set up nicely against Biden, but not so much with Harris. Like, you’re switching out a victory for a defeat and you’re excited about it.

I think they both suck. Obviously, that is unacceptable to you guys- you just can’t tolerate someone not liking “your candidate”.

I lean independent. I’ve voted both ways. I’m not a fucking idiot. I did not vote for Trump in 2016. I’m not a registered republican.

I mean, you said something dumb. Then whined when people called you out on it. It doesn't even have anything to do with politics, just basic cognition.

• Hook 'Em 5

54 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Dude, come on.  Have some thicker skin.  Just argue your side.  It's not hard if you are arguing in good faith.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Look, I don't think you're an idiot (yet), but you haven't articulated why you think Harris sucks. If you're going to make such a bold pronouncement, then explain what your rationale is. That's why everyone has been picking on you. Your silence allows space for others to fill in the blanks.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

Posted (edited)

I suppose it is something of a valid point that she was not even hardly in contention in the Democratic Primary in 2020.  Part of it was inexperience and part I think that she was "a cop."

Now she's wildly popular.

But one thing I think has changed, and it's not so much her experience as Veep, but the fact that Biden has a fully functional and fairly smoothly operating Cabinet and other appointed officials (Officers of the United States). I assume that she's not going to fuck with that much.  I really hope she learned from the debacle that apparently was her VP staff and will stick with Joey Two-Scoops' people.

Also, yes she can be considered a "lesser of two evils" vote.  But, unlike most times that shibboleth is uncorked, the greater of the evils is actually, well, evil.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Handcruser said:

I couldn’t give a shit if you like my candidate. I’m not in a cult. You do you. What I do give a shit about is someone coming with actually facts and positions when you say something like, she isn’t very smart. Ok what data do you have that support that assertion? Like are you privy to her transcripts or something? 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Handcruser said:

No one gives a shit that you don't like her.

But you should probably do a little better job at articulating (there's that word again) why you think she isn't smart if that's your go-to criticism.

In comparison to what? The general public? Other politicians? Or only the truly noteworthy ones like Obama?

Edited by aggie08

1 hour ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

The 2020 primary was a bloodbath of way too many qualified candidates who ate each other up. Thats actually why Biden was a good candidate to take the ticket in 2020, nobody could agree on any of the multiple good candidates to choose from, so they rallied around the only one everyone *could* agree with. But that doesn't mean Harris was ever a bad choice or one people didn't want, just that there was a glut of other options to distract from. Which is actually why this transition has gone way smoother than the 2020 primaries: it's the exact opposite situation. She's always been "good enough,"it's just that this is the circumstance where she wins. She's never been terrible.

"She's a cop" was especially contentious in 2020 because of George Floyd and the way Trump was militarizing cops. But it's entirely different in this election, "she's a cop" is a benefit because she's going up a goddamn felon.

Yeah, that's all fair.  She was the obvious choice to replace Biden on the ticket, but that whole thing made me nervous.  Seems to have worked out swimmingly.

My wife used to be very involved and cared about politics since 2015, but the last 8 months or so she basically forbade the talk of politics in our house. She didn’t want to hear any of it. 

Since Biden stepped down, she is right back into it. She’s asking me to put on podcasts, hell, even CNN to watch Biden’s speech. She’s reinvigorated. She was always going to vote, but this has really brought her back into the fold. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

My wife used to be very involved and cared about politics since 2015, but the last 8 months or so she basically forbade the talk of politics in our house. She didn’t want to hear any of it. 

Since Biden stepped down, she is right back into it. She’s asking me to put on podcasts, hell, even CNN to watch Biden’s speech. She’s reinvigorated. She was always going to vote, but this has really brought her back into the fold. 

Similar situation in my humble abode. I’m 100% behind her. Told her I would make my own sandwich tonight so she could participate in the Zoom call.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 4

@Handcruser is my dude y’all can gargle with bofa 
also

11 hours ago, immamac said:

https://dennisholeman.com/the/

This is a good read on this topic. Intelligence is actually your IQ minus your SQ 

Clever way to put it into perspective. 

this is an incredibly insightful read but I’m struggling with the name Dennis Holeman. Like that’s a rough name to grow up with I bet.

• Haha 2

Just now, aggie08 said:

Oh no, she doesn't have Montel Williams support!!

You fucking simp loser.

No dickbag she made her way being Montel's sidepiece.  For fucks sake keep up you aggy simp.  Keep your knee pads on for the dildo slurpers on this site LOL

BTW how did that quaccine work out you obedience worshipping fuckface

• Fuck You 17

Just now, Pimphand said:

No dickbag she made her way being Montel's sidepiece.  For fucks sake keep up you aggy simp.  Keep your knee pads on for the dildo slurpers on this site LOL

Heidi Klum Wow GIF by Lifetime

How do people like you function? Honestly? Don't you have world ending conspiracies to peddle or some shit?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 minutes ago, Pimphand said:
6 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

No dickbag she made her way being Montel's sidepiece.

How did your orange god do making his way being Putin's sidepiece?  Remember?  When he sold out his country in front of the entire world?  Oh, I guess you don't care about that.  You are a non-serious human and I assume you don't vote.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Heidi Klum Wow GIF by Lifetime

How do people like you function? Honestly? Don't you have world ending conspiracies to peddle or some shit?

Get ready for your UBI bro it's not the end of the world it's the end of freedom but you will be cheering it on the whole way.

• Fuck You 14

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

How did your orange god do making his way being Putin's sidepiece?  Remember?  When he sold out his country in front of the entire world?  Oh, I guess you don't care about that.  You are a non-serious human and I assume you don't vote.

LOL fuck Donald Trump that guy sucks ass clearly you are not paying attention.

With that said your Russian dossier hoax was proven to be run by your lords and masters.

• Fuck You 14

"You guys are all obedient sheep."

"Here's some bullshit from TMZ and alt-right garbage from another country that proves it."

The lack of self awareness is always so staggering.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

"You guys are all obedient sheep."

"Here's some bullshit from TMZ and alt-right garbage from another country that proves it."

The lack of self awareness is always so staggering.

Back on his knees like a good aggy

I didn't realize aggy gave the sheep BJs till you came around

• Fuck You 16

1 minute ago, Pimphand said:

With that said your Russian dossier hoax was proven to be run by your lords and masters.

Hey, I don't if anyone's told you this are not, but it's actually kind of funny.

Your avatar perfectly matches your online persona -- I even read your comments with that voice. Really, it's top-notch. Well done. Bravo, you psycho.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Get ready for your UBI bro it's not the end of the world it's the end of freedom but you will be cheering it on the whole way.

Cool. 

I'll take my chances with the side not using a dumb shit like Trump to set the table for an evangelical theocracy.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

NO GODS.  NO MASTERS.

MACHINE-HEAD-WEBSLEEVE-2022.jpg?mtime=16

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Back on his knees like a good aggy

I didn't realize aggy gave the sheep BJs till you came around

Sick burn? God damn at least be entertaining with your insanity. 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

How the hell can make Montel make anybody’s way when he hasn’t made his own. Magalitia who insist on obsessing over a young, single Kamala’s coochiefax is leaving themselves, their perverted candidate and his pole dancing “genius” wife exposed to scrutiny that they won’t be able to withstand. Somebody should give them a heads up. But then, maybe not.

Edited by Satchel
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

You are an exceptionally stupid person. Congratulations on finding your purpose. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2