Tell Me About Michigan

LTtxfan

7 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Texas should count on QB swap next week. UM will start the super mobile dude as in past that has given Texas fits 

Jalen Milroe and Jalen Hurts were triple the QB that dude will ever hope to be, and we did fine against them. That was a different coach and different era. We're going to push the shit in of that Big 10 offense and then run our speed all over them when we get it.

1 minute ago, IDIOTsavant said:

I have degrees from both schools, so fuck any bias talk. Told a buddy Texas 38-17 after watching both spring games, but after what I’ve seen this week, Texas is stomping a mud hole, 41-7.

Michigan fans seem to be very concerned about their QB play and their O-Line. Our defense should feast against them. Michigan has an okay DLine and a solid secondary, but as long as we don't stub our own toe over and over again, Texas should be in great shape to leave the big house with a W

• Like 1

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Michigan fans seem to be very concerned about their QB play and their O-Line. Our defense should feast against them. Michigan has an okay DLine and a solid secondary, but as long as we don't stub our own toe over and over again, Texas should be in great shape to leave the big house with a W

Michigan’s defensive personnel is really good, but I have doubts about Wink Martindale’s style in the college game, especially against an experienced Ewers and Sark. They have two top 2 rounds DTs, a draft able edge, two draftable LBs, a draft able safety, and a 1st round corner. It will be as talented a defense as we’ll see all year, but blitzing more than 50% against Sark’s calls with our offensive line is foolish. We’ll get plenty of chances too because that offense isn’t going to do shit with either of these QBs.

”My kingdom, my kingdom for Cam Ward.”

- Sherone Moore right now

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ApocalypseTexas said:

Game one of the season and they have the little stickers all over the back of their hamlets.  So I guess they give out stickers for practice?  I mean really practice?  

Some stickers carry on from season to season.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Which reminds me...is Vic Macky making the trip to Ann Arbor, I wonder? It's an all you can chase buffet up there. 

Don't have to chase them very far either. 

• Haha 3

As a Michigan guy, I have no clue if we were not opening up the playbook or our QBs really suck that badly.

I think it may be both. Good news is we have a few god-level players on the defense with good players throughout. I share the same concerns as the poster above, about whether Martindale's schemes will work well in college, especially if Sark runs a lot of crossers and other man beaters (pause) against blitzes with man behind them.

Either way, can ride the high from last season for another season or two! I'm sure it was the same for you guys after the magical Vince year.

1 hour ago, choripan said:

Either way, can ride the high from last season for another season or two! I'm sure it was the same for you guys after the magical Vince year.

Maybe? Colt McCoy threw 3 TDs in our 1st game post-VY  

2 hours ago, B00M said:

Maybe? Colt McCoy threw 3 TDs in our 1st game post-VY  

Which was a home loss to eventual national champion, #1 Ohio State, mind you.  I was at DKR for that one as I was for pretty much every home game between 1994 and 2018.  I remember feeling life after Vince just wasn’t good enough for top competition, but, as you alluded to, the good vibes from Colt McCoy were immediate in that game 1