Caleb Harris, the disappearing A&M CC kid

immamac

23 hours ago, bolverk said:

It wasn't written by an actual journalist, just some guy on Facebook pretending to be one. 

Also written by someone who doesn't know the area.  It's Peary Place, not Perry Place.  It's pronounced like "Perry" but not spelled that way.  That neighborhood used to be part of CCNAS.  My dad's family lived there during WWII because my Grandad worked for the Navy.  I've heard about it my whole life.  

• Hook 'Em 3

On 6/25/2024 at 10:26 AM, Mighty fine said:

Just a data point not wholly related to the topic, but a person can easily get sucked into a relatively small diameter gravity main. In 2020, there was a guy in Austin working in a manhole that was flowing and sucked him into a 18" line where he went for a ride until his body was recovered a few miles downstream at the plant.

If you want to get rid of a body via wastewater, dump it in the aeration basin at a wastewater plant. The lack of density caused by the air pumped into the basin will cause the body to drop like a rock. The bacteria is the basin will take care of the rest.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Kavinsky said:

If you want to get rid of a body via wastewater, dump it in the aeration basin at a wastewater plant. The lack of density caused by the air pumped into the basin will cause the body to drop like a rock. The bacteria is the basin will take care of the rest.

If @ScheissMeister co-signs on this, I will definitely jot it down Cuban style.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kavinsky said:

Nicole:

Shark Tank Writing GIF

• Haha 9

19 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

I work in industrial waste water and we have an aeration basin. What I've always been told was that you'd sink like a rock if you went in. Never felt like trying it out.

My friend wanted to know where that place is exactly and what times it would not be, you know... busy

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Kavinsky said:

Cut the belly open first.  If you let the decomposition gases build up it will float.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Kavinsky said:

Solid plan, but two big issues.  It doesn't take care of the teeth.  And wastewater plants have lots and lots of cameras and security in the United States.  In this day and age, it is so incredibly easy to find, given their digital footprint, where people buy their groceries, get takeout, buy drinks, and obtain prescription drugs.  We're finding better success with just tampering with what they're going to ingest with horrifying amounts of fentanyl.  Yeah, it sucks when family members  find the  body, but it's so much cleaner than dragging a body out to a river or basin or trying to burn it without being seen.  They do a toxicology run, and it looks like the person simply overdosed on a problematic substance, not some exotic poison.  You use a burner phone beforehand to text them that you've got their requested "party supplies."  They hit ignore, but it's logged at the cell carrier.  Have a middle-man follow them to see when they get a to-go order from a restaurant or leave their cart unattended in the aisle while they run and grab something else, or actually do get narcotics.  Sprinkle it in while nobody is looking.  Better yet, those shelves that every fast-food/fast-casual restaurant has with the labeled bags waiting to be picked up by a door-dash guy or the person themselves.  You make like you're looking for your order...sprinkle in the fentanyl, and just grab some napkins instead and head out.  

The most effective killers are nowhere near the victim 24 hours prior and 24 hours afterwards.  The most effective way to get rid of a dead body is to have EMT or a Coroner handle it for you.  It would shock most people if they knew how even in the age of CSI: Tucson or whatever, how easy it is to disappear people.  

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Are these disappearance stories happening all the time but not being reported? I've noticed a large uptick in stories like this across Texas all of a sudden. There's a kid in Kaufman County who went missing pretty recently. Got into an accident, called his friend to pick him up, and vanished. They found his cell phone thrown near the trinity river but no sign of him. I'm also reminded of the Jason Landry disappearance after he fled a wrecked vehicle and abandoned everything including his clothes.

52 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Solid plan, but two big issues.  It doesn't take care of the teeth.  And wastewater plants have lots and lots of cameras and security in the United States.  In this day and age, it is so incredibly easy to find, given their digital footprint, where people buy their groceries, get takeout, buy drinks, and obtain prescription drugs.  We're finding better success with just tampering with what they're going to ingest with horrifying amounts of fentanyl.  Yeah, it sucks when family members  find the  body, but it's so much cleaner than dragging a body out to a river or basin or trying to burn it without being seen.  They do a toxicology run, and it looks like the person simply overdosed on a problematic substance, not some exotic poison.  You use a burner phone beforehand to text them that you've got their requested "party supplies."  They hit ignore, but it's logged at the cell carrier.  Have a middle-man follow them to see when they get a to-go order from a restaurant or leave their cart unattended in the aisle while they run and grab something else, or actually do get narcotics.  Sprinkle it in while nobody is looking.  Better yet, those shelves that every fast-food/fast-casual restaurant has with the labeled bags waiting to be picked up by a door-dash guy or the person themselves.  You make like you're looking for your order...sprinkle in the fentanyl, and just grab some napkins instead and head out.  

The most effective killers are nowhere near the victim 24 hours prior and 24 hours afterwards.  The most effective way to get rid of a dead body is to have EMT or a Coroner handle it for you.  It would shock most people if they knew how even in the age of CSI: Tucson or whatever, how easy it is to disappear people.  

Or so you've heard, right ?

• Haha 2

I get all my advice from my friend's cousin's ex-boyfriend's nephew who works at 31 Flavors.

My work takes me into some precarious environs.  I learned awhile back there is another world that runs parallel to the one most of us know and with which we feel comfortable.  There's another one beyond that in which I caught a glimpse or two and it scared the living shit out of me.  I imagine there's more beyond that, but I don't have the stomach for it anymore.  The things and people that hide in plain sight are what initially intrigued me, but I saw more than I cared to witness. 

The thing that sent me over the ledge was when I learned how narcotics (recreational drugs, fentanyl, etc.) are distributed around our country.  Yeah, it comes across our borders or ports illegally by some fake-documented guy in a busted up Honda Odyssey who doesn't have much to lose and gets a nice payday if it works.  But the brown dude who can't read English street signs doesn't take it all the way to Chicago or Dallas or Boston.  There are sorting hubs all over Texas, protected by law enforcement.  They then head out behind a normal looking U.S. Citizen in a normal looking car with proper tags, they look like they're doing highway patrol.  Then a trooper from the next state picks up the tail and lags behind.  And hands it off to the next state line.  And so on and so on.  It works amazingly well and everybody involved gets a nice bonus.  Once I saw behind that curtain, I thought, "I'm good.  Y'all take care.  I don't need to spend the rest of my life looking over my shoulder.  But kudos on the efficient logistics."    

That, and the best man at Dad's first marriage was married to Sam Giancan's daughter (Boss of Chicago) and was his hit man for many years.  Spent decades in federal prison, but gave me some pointers when we'd visit him at the holidays.  

Edited by YGIFS

2 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

Are these disappearance stories happening all the time but not being reported? I've noticed a large uptick in stories like this across Texas all of a sudden. There's a kid in Kaufman County who went missing pretty recently. Got into an accident, called his friend to pick him up, and vanished. They found his cell phone thrown near the trinity river but no sign of him. I'm also reminded of the Jason Landry disappearance after he fled a wrecked vehicle and abandoned everything including his clothes.

Drugs are a hell of a drug. 

I take in an unhealthy amount of true crime stories and have for years. I have not noticed a particular increase in these stories of late. People go missing a lot.

48 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Drugs are a hell of a drug. 

I take in an unhealthy amount of true crime stories and have for years. I have not noticed a particular increase in these stories of late. People go missing a lot.

Yeah, still think back to the milk carton days.  We were raised to believe that millions of kids were just stolen outta the blue by total strangers.  My friend's mom was actually in the Chicago audience the day Oprah had that guy on in the 80's saying hundreds of thousands of kids were just being randomly abducted all over the country.  Turned out to be total bullshit.  

-Missing kids, 95% of the time it's a relative or family friend that takes them.  not the dude in the windowless van.

-Missing adults, 95% of the time---they wanted to disappear.  If you live in a city with more than 10,000 people...every single day you walk/drive past somebody who is "missing." Even in this digital footprint age, it is so much easier to go off the grid than most people realize.  We have all met dozens of people over the years who were "missing", but we just didn't know it because they seemed completely "normal."  

14 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, still think back to the milk carton days.  We were raised to believe that millions of kids were just stolen outta the blue by total strangers.  My friend's mom was actually in the Chicago audience the day Oprah had that guy on in the 80's saying hundreds of thousands of kids were just being randomly abducted all over the country.  Turned out to be total bullshit.  

For those of us in our 40s and 50 s, the Adam Walsh stuff scared the ever loving shit out of a lot of our parents.

-Missing kids, 95% of the time it's a relative or family friend that takes them.  not the dude in the windowless van.

Yep and even more true in this day and age of cameras everywhere.  They will be taken by a noncustodial parent or relative or somebody that groomed them long before the dude in the van gets them.

We have all met dozens of people over the years who were "missing", but we just didn't know it because they seemed completely "normal."  

Amen, it’s extremely easy to fool a human wife or human kids into thinking you are one person when you are in fact something else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, particularly in Chicago, that 1-2 punch of the Adam Walsh story and the Oprah propaganda really put the fear of god into parents.  Thankfully, my parents didn't fall for it too hard, so we pretty much grew up carefree and unattended in the 1980's like most of y'all.  But I remember the PSA's about that "Adam" made-for-TV-movie.  And a bunch of family friends got together to watch it.  So the adults are in the living all us kids are playing in the basement playing games and drinking 7-Up.  Not sure why we never got together to watch normal shit, just child snuff films. 

It was our uncle T.W.'s house.  And I'll never forget, we heard them all screaming and crying at the same time, so we run upstairs to see like a dozen bawling adults and our 7yo dumbasses thought it was so comically odd that all these strong people we looked up to were in utter shock.  So about a year later, we're in SE Florida visiting the grandparents and there's some signage about him or the show, this was near Hollywood.  And I finally watched that movie and the ending.  And realized how fucked up the world was.  Only later in life did I realize that yes, there are awful monsters that do random acts of violence. 

But the people you need to worry most about are already in your life.  Once you come to terms with that horrifying fact, only then can you move forward.  I guess we're wired not to focus on the bad people all around us, because we'd just be too tense and defensive and not part of a social fabric.  But looking back on my life now in middle age with some modicum of perceptivity---I know I've met murderers, assassins, drug mules, passers of state secrets, cartel leadership, crooked politicians, dirty cops, people on the run, people using fake identities, violent sociopaths, carnies, a Waffen SS officer living in South America in exile, and even a Wandering Jew named Cartaphilus.  

There is still the bad guy in the van, but he is the outlier.  The real monsters have already had lunch with you.  It's not a pleasant attitude to have about humanity, but I don't tell my kids "Don't walk to Strangers."  I say spefically, "Don't talk to Mr. R. down the street."  It scares them more, but it's a helluva lot more practical than "Stranger, Danger!  I don't know you!  That's my purse!"  Humanity has always been like this, we just didn't want to admit it.  The girls are old enough now they hear from Dad---never get into a room with a teacher/coach/priest with less than 3 other kids including yourself.  We have large extended families on both sides, anybody claims to be one 'em...assume they are not.  Never get into a car with anybody we didn't arrange it with ahead of time, no matter what they say.  And never, ever believe anybody you know who finishes a sentence with the phrase 'trust me.'  And before I know it, I gotta start on the date-rape warnings.  Woo-hoo.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/27/2024 at 1:20 PM, Kavinsky said:

Good to know.  /Mark Cuban gif/

5 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I get all my advice from my friend's cousin's ex-boyfriend's nephew who works at 31 Flavors.

My work takes me into some precarious environs.  I learned awhile back there is another world that runs parallel to the one most of us know and with which we feel comfortable.  There's another one beyond that in which I caught a glimpse or two and it scared the living shit out of me.  I imagine there's more beyond that, but I don't have the stomach for it anymore.  The things and people that hide in plain sight are what initially intrigued me, but I saw more than I cared to witness. 

The thing that sent me over the ledge was when I learned how narcotics (recreational drugs, fentanyl, etc.) are distributed around our country.  Yeah, it comes across our borders or ports illegally by some fake-documented guy in a busted up Honda Odyssey who doesn't have much to lose and gets a nice payday if it works.  But the brown dude who can't read English street signs doesn't take it all the way to Chicago or Dallas or Boston.  There are sorting hubs all over Texas, protected by law enforcement.  They then head out behind a normal looking U.S. Citizen in a normal looking car with proper tags, they look like they're doing highway patrol.  Then a trooper from the next state picks up the tail and lags behind.  And hands it off to the next state line.  And so on and so on.  It works amazingly well and everybody involved gets a nice bonus.  Once I saw behind that curtain, I thought, "I'm good.  Y'all take care.  I don't need to spend the rest of my life looking over my shoulder.  But kudos on the efficient logistics."    

That, and the best man at Dad's first marriage was married to Sam Giancan's daughter (Boss of Chicago) and was his hit man for many years.  Spent decades in federal prison, but gave me some pointers when we'd visit him at the holidays.  

Probably not the thread for it, but good post.

I mean… El Chapo’s top 2 US lieutenants were from/based in Chicago. And one married a cop’s daughter. 

Also it’s pretty well documented that El Mayo gave Chapo up to the DEA to get his son out of a pinch in Chicago. Guess who organized the phone call? 

Finally, it’s an open secret that El Mayo have the former Mexican president a $100 million bribe.

You know what, I can see it. 

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, particularly in Chicago, that 1-2 punch of the Adam Walsh story and the Oprah propaganda really put the fear of god into parents.  Thankfully, my parents didn't fall for it too hard, so we pretty much grew up carefree and unattended in the 1980's like most of y'all.  But I remember the PSA's about that "Adam" made-for-TV-movie.  And a bunch of family friends got together to watch it.  So the adults are in the living all us kids are playing in the basement playing games and drinking 7-Up.  Not sure why we never got together to watch normal shit, just child snuff films. 

It was our uncle T.W.'s house.  And I'll never forget, we heard them all screaming and crying at the same time, so we run upstairs to see like a dozen bawling adults and our 7yo dumbasses thought it was so comically odd that all these strong people we looked up to were in utter shock.  So about a year later, we're in SE Florida visiting the grandparents and there's some signage about him or the show, this was near Hollywood.  And I finally watched that movie and the ending.  And realized how fucked up the world was.  Only later in life did I realize that yes, there are awful monsters that do random acts of violence. 

But the people you need to worry most about are already in your life.  Once you come to terms with that horrifying fact, only then can you move forward.  I guess we're wired not to focus on the bad people all around us, because we'd just be too tense and defensive and not part of a social fabric.  But looking back on my life now in middle age with some modicum of perceptivity---I know I've met murderers, assassins, drug mules, passers of state secrets, cartel leadership, crooked politicians, dirty cops, people on the run, people using fake identities, violent sociopaths, carnies, a Waffen SS officer living in South America in exile, and even a Wandering Jew named Cartaphilus.  

There is still the bad guy in the van, but he is the outlier.  The real monsters have already had lunch with you.  It's not a pleasant attitude to have about humanity, but I don't tell my kids "Don't walk to Strangers."  I say spefically, "Don't talk to Mr. R. down the street."  It scares them more, but it's a helluva lot more practical than "Stranger, Danger!  I don't know you!  That's my purse!"  Humanity has always been like this, we just didn't want to admit it.  The girls are old enough now they hear from Dad---never get into a room with a teacher/coach/priest with less than 3 other kids including yourself.  We have large extended families on both sides, anybody claims to be one 'em...assume they are not.  Never get into a car with anybody we didn't arrange it with ahead of time, no matter what they say.  And never, ever believe anybody you know who finishes a sentence with the phrase 'trust me.'  And before I know it, I gotta start on the date-rape warnings.  Woo-hoo.

Take it to the Youth Pastor thread.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

On 6/28/2024 at 12:36 PM, YGIFS said:

Yes.  100% true.  Still works like that.  Dated Joey the Clown Lombardo’s niece back in residency.  Holy shit was I clueless before I moved to Chicago.  Melrose Park is a hell of a place…

On 6/27/2024 at 12:20 PM, Kavinsky said:

mark-cuban-shark-tank.gif

All I got is that at a previous job I volunteered for the technical rescue team and one of the training activities they had was to shimmy through 20 ft of 18” pipe.  I was the only one of about 20 to decline. I was also the fattest, and also have a decently wide skeletal frame.  You have to go in arms first like a dive, and head down, and push with your toes and inch or two at a time. I could actually fit into the pipe, but couldn’t make myself get in to the point I couldn’t back out.  The claustrophobic aspect was bad, but the biggest thing was how uncomfortable it was to have my arms straight out like that and shoulders tucked in. 

• Rage+1 1

On 6/25/2024 at 4:46 AM, HenryJames said:

During the search for Lam, guests at the hotel began complaining about low water pressure. Some later claimed their water was colored black and had an unusual taste.

A lot of people reportedly objected to the taste of Lam.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

18 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

All I got is that at a previous job I volunteered for the technical rescue team and one of the training activities they had was to shimmy through 20 ft of 18” pipe.  I was the only one of about 20 to decline. I was also the fattest, and also have a decently wide skeletal frame.  You have to go in arms first like a dive, and head down, and push with your toes and inch or two at a time. I could actually fit into the pipe, but couldn’t make myself get in to the point I couldn’t back out.  The claustrophobic aspect was bad, but the biggest thing was how uncomfortable it was to have my arms straight out like that and shoulders tucked in. 

fuck. that.

• Hook 'Em 2

When I worked at a call center in west campus we rented out part of our office space to a construction foreman who was in charge of building a big apt complex across the street. We were on the 2nd floor so we got a good view of the whole process every day. The head foreman and I used to shoot the shit sometimes and we were talking about the big holes that had been bored for the concrete supports to go in. He tells me "if you ever want to get rid of a body, drop it down one of those holes. They'll fill it with concrete soon and nobody will ever find it." I was like "yeah you're probably right.." and just kinda changed the subject. He looked like he had maybe done it before. 

• Haha 1

On 6/27/2024 at 12:20 PM, Kavinsky said:

I was told you wrap them in chicken wire and throw them in deep water by a dam and the fish will take care of the rest.  Also you have to stab the abdomen several times so the bloating gas can escape and the corpse won't float.

5 minutes ago, Ten Bears said:

I was told you wrap them in chicken wire and throw them in deep water by a dam and the fish will take care of the rest.  Also you have to stab the abdomen several times so the bloating gas can escape and the corpse won't float.

It depends on what body of water the dam is on.  Most species of freshwater fish will take days to consume a human body, or may dismiss it altogether.  In that timeframe, police or even casual observers can spot it as typically one side of the dam or the other is relatively shallow/visible.  Water has and always will be a viable option for getting rid of a corpse.  But in this new day and age of still being able to get DNA off a sunken corpse to see who did it.....I still strongly suggest lacing a person's food/drug/drink supply.  Once the Coroner/Forensic team gets that lab result and resigns the body to burial/cremation, the case is closed, the local "D.A. of Law & Order" has himself a clear cut case of overdose/open borders/mental health/addiction.  The last few years have been the easiest to disappear people in U.S. history.  A few thousand of the people we think died from Covid didn't actually die from the virus, they died from laced drugs and then chalked up to Covid.  

My college roommate and I used to laugh at "Assassin" movies because if these guys really existed, we'd obviously be reading about all these high value targets in the newspaper.  But when you know when somebody is done playing golf and what they'll be eating in the clubhouse afterwards down the minute, several times a week, with every detail of the food supply...anything is possible. 

12 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

My brother’s grandson has been an AFD emt & rescue firefighter for almost 20 years. 
A few years ago he & a colleague spent a half hour or so suspended out 100’ over Barton Creek on the end of their firetruck ladder in the middle of the night trying to fish with grappling hooks a drowned tuber’s body off the bypass drain just above the pool.

Just now, Armybrat said:

My brother’s grandson has been an AFD emt & rescue firefighter for almost 20 years. 
A few years ago he & a colleague spent a half hour or so suspended out 100’ over Barton Creek on the end of their firetruck ladder in the middle of the night trying to fish with grappling hooks a drowned tuber’s body off the bypass drain just above the pool.

Now that sounds like fun- except what they were fishing for.