2024 NFL free agency/off season thread

closetohumping

26 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Was he even going to beat out Sam Darnold for QB1?

Probably not but there was a definite expectation that he would take over as QB1 sometime during the season. This setback will certainly hamper his development. 

Why did they put a star in ‘kill’? Is that considered profanity now?

Stefanski of course says he’s letting the legalities play out. Haslam being a felon who cheated justice, will make sure Hall is protected. He got hurt in practice; too bad it wasn’t career ending. Gun to child’s head. At least league should put on the commissioners list.

6 hours ago, Machinator said:

he was going to suck this year. i’m skeptical that he’ll ever be good at all. taking a year off to study and watch up close is honestly the best thing for him.

Flores is like all these other Belichik coaching tree schlubs. Media sucks his dick but he’s another failed imitator like Charlie Weis, Bill OBrien, Josh, Romeo, and Patricia. All would have been murdered by their troops in Vietnam.

Fucking Flores got fired for being a bad coach that was also a douchebag, not because he’s black.

24 minutes ago, Machinator said:

This is strange.  I thought the Commandeers were in need of WR help.  Trading their 2nd best receiver seems counter-intuitive to that.  Maybe they finally got a deal for Aiyuk approved?

Damn. 

Baltimore Ravens offensive line coach Joe D'Alessandris died on Sunday morning at the age of 70, the team announced.

D'Alessandris had been hospitalized for the last two weeks with what the Ravens had described as "an acute illness" that required ongoing treatment for an extended period of time. Ravens coach John Harbaugh said at the time that D'Alessandris had surgery early in the summer, and his current illness was a complication from it.

With a coaching career that spanned 45 years, D'Alessandris was Baltimore's offensive line coach since 2017.

"Coach 'Joe D' was a man of integrity and a man of faith," Harbaugh said in a statement. "He made us all better. He was our reader at team mass, and he was loved by all here. He was a great coach and a good man -- the kind of person who you are honored to have as a friend. I admired him, loved him and am going to miss him, because 'Joe D' was a joy." 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40990315/ravens-offensive-line-coach-joe-dalessandris-dies-age-70

On 8/22/2024 at 12:07 PM, Plorant said:

This is strange.  I thought the Commandeers were in need of WR help.  Trading their 2nd best receiver seems counter-intuitive to that.  Maybe they finally got a deal for Aiyuk approved?

I beg to differ.  There was nothing “2nd best” about Dotson, even with the Skins.  Being a Ron Rivera draftee kinda says it all.

Dotson plays timid and usually invisible when it matters.  Frankly, I’d be shocked if you can find anyone unrelated to him or the typically delusional Penn State fan who thinks he’s worth a shit.

But, I could be wrong … naahhhhh

As they could last season, teams can exempt their third quarterback from counting against game-day roster restrictions only if he is part of that week's 53-man roster. Owners had approved a change in March that would allow teams to elevate quarterbacks from the practice squad for that purpose. The rule, however, could be viewed as a way to stash players on practice squads rather than pay them 53-man roster rates. 

On 8/25/2024 at 8:31 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I got to know Coach D in 1996 when he joined as Pitt OL coach. That was the final season for Majors in his second stint at Pitt.  It was the most brutal and horrible season I have been around and through all of that Coach D was very honest and accommodating. I liked him.

• Like 1

1 (20) Kenny Pickett – traded
3 (74) Desmond Ridder – traded
3 (86) Malik Willis – traded
3 (94) Matt Corral – cut
4 (137) Bailey Zappe – cut
5 (144) Sam Howell – traded
7 (241) Chris Oladokun – cut
7 (247) Skylar Thompson (Dolphins)
7 (262) Brock Purdy (49ers)

Edited by Machinator