2024 MLB Season Thread - Catch All

tx 3 putt

1 hour ago, definitely not derka said:

The worst team in baseball against a division leader on the road with a line that opens at -175 and gets bet all the way down to even money by first pitch.   If Vegas thought the betting public wasn't aware how good Crochet is, they are now.  He's a problem to deal with.

9 hours ago, AbeFroman said:

The worst team in baseball against a division leader on the road with a line that opens at -175 and gets bet all the way down to even money by first pitch.   If Vegas thought the betting public wasn't aware how good Crochet is, they are now.  He's a problem to deal with.

Calling the mariners (and their offense) “division leaders”, while technically correct, is like saying Jose Abreu is an MLB-worthy first basemen in 2024 because of what the back of his 2023 baseball card says 

(but yeah, Crochet is good) 

43 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Calling the mariners (and their offense) “division leaders”, while technically correct, is like saying Jose Abreu is an MLB-worthy first basemen in 2024 because of what the back of his 2023 baseball card says 

(but yeah, Crochet is good) 

A 6 game lead is more than technically correct.  I feel like you just wanted to complain about Abreu.  This should be liberation day for you.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, definitely not derka said:

the new rules where they decided that there are no more infield errors, only infield hits, is so fucking dumb.

I will take this opportunity to say for the 7,332,409th time that they need to eliminate the concept of errors from baseball.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, definitely not derka said:

the new rules where they decided that there are no more infield errors, only infield hits, is so fucking dumb.

this is not a base hit:

I knew that’s the play you were referring to before you loaded the video.  I couldn’t believe the OS saddled a potential ER on Bradish.

I will take this opportunity to say for the 7,332,409th time that they need to eliminate the concept of errors from baseball.  
Then what is Javier Baez supposed to lead the league in if that happened?
  • Hook 'Em 1