BLOW THAT FUCKING HORN - COMMODORES TAKE DOWN #1 ALABAMA AT HOME ×

2024 MLB Season Thread - Catch All

tx 3 putt

10 hours ago, Blotto said:

Obligatory

He coulda been a KC legend but bible-thumping, stick in the mud Dayton Moore took a dislike to his joyous attitude and sent him packing for virtually nothing. Royals outfield is still a mess because of DM's value of piousness over athleticism. Fuck that guy.

2 hours ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

He coulda been a KC legend but bible-thumping, stick in the mud Dayton Moore took a dislike to his joyous attitude and sent him packing for virtually nothing. Royals outfield is still a mess because of DM's value of piousness over athleticism. Fuck that guy.

I don't know where to go with this but be careful what you wish for.

44 minutes ago, huge said:

I don't know where to go with this but be careful what you wish for.

Oh, I got what I wished for. DM was canned . The reason KC had to settle for the deadline deals they made is because the farm is littered with the good sons and fathers that DM treasured. Nobody else wants those guys.

It's going to take a couple more drafts and deadlines before they get the farm system back in shape. Calling Phillips a potential legend was hyperbole but he would be an improvement over most any of the OF from the last 3 years.

• Drool 1

4 hours ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

MJ Melendez must be more pious than the fucking pope.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

And there's another interference call on an infield fly rule play.   SEA@BOS

This one was more obvious than the others, but that's the third time I've seen it this season, and I can't ever recall seeing it before.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

absolute waste of an all time great. as fucked up as it is today, you can tell the story of baseball without mentioning mike trout. essentially zero impact on the game aside from some highlights and good numbers. what a shame.

I don’t feel bad for him. He had a chance to go to an organization that was competently run but chose to stay in Anaheim and languish in mediocrity. He spent years needlessly training like he was going to be a middle linebacker and now his body is completely destroyed by it. That barbell sprint video of his that went viral years ago was literally the stupidest training exercise I’ve ever seen a pro athlete do. It sounds like he never fired his trainer.

22 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I don’t feel bad for him. He had a chance to go to an organization that was competently run but chose to stay in Anaheim and languish in mediocrity. He spent years needlessly training like he was going to be a middle linebacker and now his body is completely destroyed by it. That barbell sprint video of his that went viral years ago was literally the stupidest training exercise I’ve ever seen a pro athlete do. It sounds like he never fired his trainer.

I've seen his house in Newport.  Being wealthy in So Cal is pretty fucking great.  His motivations are his motivations.    And BTW, how many pro athletes are you training? 

6 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I've seen his house in Newport.  Being wealthy in So Cal is pretty fucking great.  His motivations are his motivations.    And BTW, how many pro athletes are you training? 

Literally everyone made fun of him for the barbell sprint. It’s absurdly dangerous with little benefit, and I can’t imagine what other dumb shit he was doing. The results speak for themselves the past few years, he’s constantly been out with wear & tear injuries.

48 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Pretty much. He knew the Angels weren't serious about winning but guess what, neither is he. Playing for the shitty LA version team, he knew there was zero expectations and could play half seasons constantly, bow out to injury and collect his money. Rinse and repeat every year. He couldn't pull this shit on a legit team in a bigger market. But everyone just blames the front office and he takes a pass for his act every year. Dude has been to one single playoff series (a sweep to the Royals a decade ago) and I think logged one hit? He's on cruise control, just playing when he feels like it.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Can we talk Bobby Witt Jr. Jfc he is a bad motherfucker.

In his 14 game hit streak he has going he has 29 hits

He got a hit in every game in July except one

Yep. I’m about rename my fantasy team:

“Bobby Witt Jr. Jfc he is a bad motherfucker.”

he just pulled ahead of Ohtani on my team for ytd points in my h2h league 

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Like 1

On 7/31/2024 at 1:21 PM, VirginiaLonghorn said:

image.thumb.jpeg.e09f787102b08d99cd666072e9ab43dd.jpeg
439’ onto Eutaw Street

It was the seventh Eutaw homer of the season, the fifth by an Orioles player. Of the 129 total home runs hit to Eutaw Street, only two have been a player’s first career homer, with Holliday joining the Astros’ Robbie Grossman, who achieved the feat exactly 11 years earlier on July 31, 2013.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

So you don't have to click on the link:

"Philadelphia Inquirer found dangerous chemicals in the astroturf of the now-demolished Veterans Stadium. Six Phillies who played on that turf, Tug McGraw, Darren Daulton, John Vukovich, John Oates, Ken Brett, David West died of a rare & aggressive brain cancer. Phillies sold pieces of turf in sealed 4 x 4" bags. The Inquirer purchased four of those on eBay. Samples analyzed by two separate labs found 16 types of dangerous chemicals in the turf. They are referred to as “forever chemicals” because they don’t break down & can last in the human body for years."

• Rage+1 4

3 hours ago, Derka said:

i caught that first inning, all of those HR were bombs. pitching coach comes out for a mound visit after pederson bomb, very next pitch josh bell hits one out of the stadium lol. 

And then the Pirates come all the way back to take the lead after 6 until Bell does this later in the game

IMG_2078.gif.78d5d7b49c23ef4e3152d4a9a031b052.gif