2024 MLB Season Thread - Catch All

tx 3 putt

6 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

And 40 minutes after The Game of the Decade, the two teams will come back out and play the biggest joke of a game since 1919.

Why do you think it’s joke of a game? The Braves and D’Backs certainly don’t agree. 

8 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Sale scratched

Back spasms

2 hours ago, WBT said:

Zaidi out in San Francisco.  I think that's probably the right call.

Buster Posey hired as ne POBO with a GM under him to be hired.  That will be interesting.  I guess when you have a chance to grab a FSU grad you have to take it.

Couldn’t find confirmation whether Posey graduated.  But, I can’t imagine a more qualified guy to run the baseball side of any organization.  In addition to playing for the winningest coach in college baseball history, he accumulated a few honors of his own ..

image.thumb.jpeg.62217a1a1d14e3305527195bb66b3b40.jpeg

1 minute ago, Sbbruin said:

So why would the Mets now burn a bunch of arms for game 2 when they'll need them for the first round.  Seems advantage Braves in Game 2.  But just heard Sale is scratched with back spasms.

Several of the pitchers won’t be on the WC roster. A team doesn’t really need more than 11 arms for a 3 game series.