2024 MLB Season Thread - Catch All

tx 3 putt

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Whatever you have to say to make yourself feel better. Have fun watching the playoffs from the couch. 

Will be watching the best weekend of college football of the year from a pool in Vegas next weekend, I think I’ll be fine. Have fun watching the Jankees choke in the playoffs from wherever

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Will be watching the best weekend of college football of the year from a pool in Vegas next weekend, I think I’ll be fine. Have fun watching the Jankees choke in the playoffs from wherever

I personally prefer how Dominicans pronounce Yankees. Sounds cooler honestly.

36 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Baltimore has lost 10 playoff games in a row going back to 2014

The Brewers the last 5 years:

2019: Lost WCG to Washington 1-0

2020: Lost to WCS to Dodgers 2-0

2021: Lost DS to Braves 3-1

2022: Missed playoffs

2023: Lost WCS to Arizona 2-0

Seems a shame they keep taking a spot every year.

Edited by WBT

Yankees-Royals will be a fun series. I’m interested to see how Soto does in his first playoff series in The Bronx. I think he’s the key offensively. If he’s getting on-base and giving Judge and Stanton chances to drive him in I feel good about the Yanks. You can’t let KC hang around by leaving guys on base. The pitching gives me pause though with them. That is my main issue that I see. I especially want to see how the pen performs in high leverage situations that will be coming up soon.

9 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Yankees-Royals will be a fun series. I’m interested to see how Soto does in his first playoff series in The Bronx. I think he’s the key offensively. If he’s getting on-base and giving Judge and Stanton chances to drive him in I feel good about the Yanks. You can’t let KC hang around by leaving guys on base. The pitching gives me pause though with them. That is my main issue that I see. I especially want to see how the pen performs in high leverage situations that will be coming up soon.

Just started watching this to educate myself.  This was slightly before my time.

• Hook 'Em 1