2024 MLB Season Thread - Catch All

tx 3 putt

Lulz 

Twins broadcast shows a stat that the Rangers bullpen has the 2nd worst walk ratio in the majors (behind only White Sox) and Leclerc proceeds to walk the next two.

(and falls behind 3-0 to the next batter before working the count full and gets a swinging strike on ball 4)

We were up big on the Cards and now hanging on for dear life to try to win this.  Karros just said since June 28, we’re 20-20with ELEVEN blown leads.  Our pen has always been a strength.  But Roberts leans way too hard on the pen.  We rarely get starters into the sixth let alone into the seventh.  I think Doc has to win the WS or we move on.

2 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

We were up big on the Cards and now hanging on for dear life to try to win this.  Karros just said since June 28, we’re 20-20with ELEVEN blown leads.  Our pen has always been a strength.  But Roberts leans way too hard on the pen.  We rarely get starters into the sixth let alone into the seventh.  I think Doc has to win the WS or we move on.

You mean Ohtani is not also a closer? What a scrub.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

At least you'll have that Pages Rookie of the Year award to fondly look back on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

You mean Ohtani is not also a closer? What a scrub.

He’s totally slumping at the plate.  Never realized a DH has NEVER won the MVP.  He was right there, but may be losing it.

so we have a guy trying to close who I’ve never heard of, Kopech.  Just hit 103 on the gun.

21 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

He’s totally slumping at the plate.  Never realized a DH has NEVER won the MVP.  He was right there, but may be losing it.

Motherfucker is about to be the first 50-50 guy in the history of ever.  He's the FUCKING MVP.

31 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Yankees vs Tigers in the Little League Classic tonight. Prodigal son Jassson Dominguez makes his return to the Yankee lineup, but it’s believed it’s just a one game thing. 

Is he playing for the Dominican LL team?

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I’m really enjoying this broadcast. It’s a good reminder that baseball is really just a kid’s game. 

dumb question.... and I KNOW its stupid.  but I just signed up for ESPN again to start the NFL season so I havent seen any ESPN games all year.

heres the dumb question, please dont kill me if its already been answered. 

why is ESPN not showing the strike zone box?  

Edited by AUS-97HORN

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I’m so fucking done with these gimmicky bullshit MLB special event games. This is just like the Tim Anderson Field of Dreams horseshit. They’re 100% rigged to be dramatic/close, it’s not a real baseball game.

Sorry your closer blew the lead.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 8/17/2024 at 6:47 PM, Gil Bang said:

Dodgers lost. Pads up 4-0 in Colorado in the 5th.  The NLW gets tighter and tighter.  

Dodgers win, Pads nod Sankes lose.  Need as much breathing room as we can get