2024 MLB Season Thread - Catch All

tx 3 putt

Judge is going bananas. 3 homers in like his last 5 at bats. He has 34 games left to hit 12 homers and become the 3rd player ever with multiple 60 homer seasons. The other 2 being McGwire & Sosa.

Edited by Helobious

3 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

For Chris Taylor, ouch. Roberts was pumped as hell after that bomb too. 

Seems like they did it because Taylor has one year and $14 mil left.  He's a much more versatile defender than Heyward, but a worse bat.  Heyward is a great locker room guy by all accounts too.  I would have preferred Heyward over Taylor by a mile.  At least we're at a point that we are getting all of our players back healthy, creating this logjam.

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

They could have kept Taylor 'injured' for 9 more days, then he could have been the 14th position player. 

Yeah, I thought the same thing.  But I think they are saving a spot for Pages, but I'd rather have Heyward.

2 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

The best part is that he will be catching for an AB that he started as the batter.  

Only thing better would be if he had an 0-2 count and the pinch hitter completes the strikeout. If that had happened he would have gotten the K for the at-bat and the putout as the catcher. He would have technically put himself out.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

and how did no one ever crack his signs?

I mean, fuck, I called my own pitches one season when I was 14 and couldn't believe that no one picked up on it.  Seems impossible that no one picked up on Maddux.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:
14 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:
When is this doc released?

and how did no one ever crack his signs?

Comes on Sunday on mlb network

Sweet thanks.

reminder for those that may not have a cable or streaming package with MLBN but do have a mlb.tv subscription, MLB Network is now available as part of the latter

19 minutes ago, Derka said:

just found out all three of these came in the first inning. unreal. sadly this will probably be the highlight of the a’s final season in oakland.

Edited by Derka

dave roberts gets shit on a lot, and usually deservedly so, but i doubt very many other managers would have let shohei run like this. in fact i’d guess that almost none of them would. in fact major managers already don’t have their teams running enough to begin with. add to that how big of a factor that fear is when dealing with star players like shohei, and you’ve got to top your cap for roberts on this one.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Derka said:

dave roberts gets shit on a lot, and usually deservedly so, but i doubt very many other managers would have let shohei run like this. in fact i’d guess that almost none of them would. in fact major managers already don’t have their teams running enough to begin with. add to that how big of a factor that fear is when dealing with star players like shohei, and you’ve got to top your cap for roberts on this one.

But it’s win it all or he’s done I think.  This team is set up for a title run.  We just need our arms to be healthy.  Man if only we had his arm as well.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Derka said:

he’s a good coach

Edited by tx 3 putt

10 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

he’s a good coach

I’m guessing that’s tongue in cheek, but they have had to wrestle with an ungodly number of injuries and have the best record in baseball.  Now in the playoffs?  We’ll….