The Acolyte (Star Wars Disney+ show)

mdmost

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Macklemore said:

That chant makes it the worst ever.

Holy hell.  Haven't watched any new episodes after the crap-tastic first two.  Good god that was awful.  Sounded like they were saying the power of Manny?

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9523t9mc7o788lr6ntbd2

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Holy hell.  Haven't watched any new episodes after the crap-tastic first two.  Good god that was awful.  Sounded like they were saying the power of Manny?

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9523t9mc7o788lr6ntbd2

Get Away Woman GIF by Max

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Levi said:

How exactly did this episode insult George Lucas and Star Wars?

Allegedly because the black mom "making" the twins ruins Anakin's backstory.

Even though we don't really know how she "made" them. 

Just now, Js1 said:

Allegedly because the black mom "making" the twins ruins Anakin's backstory.

Even though we don't really know how she "made" them. 

Yeah, that’s why I’m a little confused. Should probably wait till the series is over or at least until we have a better idea of how the sisters were truly made. I can easily see this turning into how Anakin was made and casting a wider net on the backstory of creating life through the force. If that ends up being the case, they are doing a horrible job of trying to add depth to Anakin’s story.

1 minute ago, Levi said:

Should probably wait till the series is over or at least until we have a better idea of how the sisters were truly made

OUTRAGE NOW

Angry Star Wars GIF

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

So it sounds like this is generally pretty shitty, yes?

generally yeah.  mandalorian, andor and ahsoka were pretty good.  IMO, obi wan was OK with some goofy fucking parts but I know others don't like it.  Boba Fett is pretty close to this one so far.

this one does make me chuckle about the cartman/southpark episode.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Levi said:

Yeah, that’s why I’m a little confused. Should probably wait till the series is over or at least until we have a better idea of how the sisters were truly made. 

Turns out their mom was just a whore who banged some dudes at the intergalactic truck stop but pulled the “immaculate conception” story out to cover with her lady friend. Fin. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Turns out their mom was just a whore who banged some dudes at the intergalactic truck stop but pulled the “immaculate conception” story out to cover with her lady friend. Fin. 

IMG_2844.thumb.jpeg.368bf1499bce1c36a786c5541b028826.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)

Just finished episode 3.  Easily the worst piece of Star Wars content I’ve ever seen.  The acting and writing were as amateur as the first 2 episodes but this one even sported low budget special effects. The episodes main explosion and the Wookiee costume were laughable.  The “there’s more than one way to skin The Force” is a trope.  So is “the Jedi are bad guys”.  The repetitive lines were something my 8 year old daughter could outdo if she wrote the script.  This is the worst group of actors overall that I’ve ever seen in anything with a budget.

Now the positives.  The dude from Squid Game is good.  Trinity is well-cast.  And despite how terrible this show is, I actually do want to keep watching to see what really happened with the fire, even though I know I will be disappointed.  I’m glad this is only 8 episodes, I wish it were only 4 (or zero).

Edited by Snake Diggity
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

So it sounds like this is generally pretty shitty, yes?

No. 

80% of reviewers and commentators including in this thread who span different backgrounds and personalities and enjoy all the *other* star wars shows just happen to dislike this one because they are bad people and have bad ideologies. 

the show is actually good. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

generally yeah.  mandalorian, andor and ahsoka were pretty good.  IMO, obi wan was OK with some goofy fucking parts but I know others don't like it.  Boba Fett is pretty close to this one so far.

The Obi Wan series would have good to great if they used just an average actress to play Reva. The Inquisitors were fucking badass except for Reva. 

• Hook 'Em 2

So we’ve decided space fire is acceptable because it’s happened before and I didn’t fuss about space fire.

But…. Jesus I’ve never seen stone be so flammable. The evil twin set that fire with a diary and it went up like they built their fortress in gas mountain.

Also way to take the witches and make them as lame as possible. My wife walked out for a glass of wine when they started chanting.

At least this episode didn’t have the Jedi acting dopey and dumb… but man everything outside of Sol is killing me.

The young twins are bad, jar jar bad. “Jedi are bad!” “Jedi are good!”

I’ll fight through this for hopefully some kind of payoff

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

The Obi Wan series would have good to great if they used just an average actress to play Reva. The Inquisitors were fucking badass except for Reva. 

Final dual with Vader was EPIC.  Next level shit.  Good thing Vader didn't distract Obi with throwing knives or it would have ended differently.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Im still down for this ride. 

its aint bad, and it might turn out just fine 

I am intrigued why they think good sister is more special than bad sister, even though she ain’t show nada yet. 

glimpses tho. Was dope to see her drawing the symbol which I assume was made before the Jedi arrived?

Also, id like to know what happened to mama and all the chicks… they didn’t seem to be in flames or anything. Just laying dead. 

and evil sister might have been possessed?

and sol didn’t see sister die. He just didn’t save her like he did osha. 

Lotta unanswered questions still to go 

im in. Would binge if it was available 

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

The chant was dumb, it would have been fine if they weren't singing, it's just missed execution.

I wonder where this coven is from, they're clearly not nightsisters, but some other group of force users.

Heard someone call them “off brand nightsisters” but this group has no magic and spouts what the Jedi say about the force, plus or minus a few buzzwords. The group didn’t feel any different than what we’ve seen already from witches in SW. 

So we’ve decided space fire is acceptable because it’s happened before and I didn’t fuss about space fire.

But…. Jesus I’ve never seen stone be so flammable. The evil twin set that fire with a diary and it went up like they built their fortress in gas mountain.

Also way to take the witches and make them as lame as possible. My wife walked out for a glass of wine when they started chanting.

At least this episode didn’t have the Jedi acting dopey and dumb… but man everything outside of Sol is killing me.

The young twins are bad, jar jar bad. “Jedi are bad!” “Jedi are good!”

I’ll fight through this for hopefully some kind of payoff

Narrator: there won’t be

Woof that was bad. I was hoping the witches would be connected to the ones from Clone Wars but nope. Just random space bitches. The main witch seemed like a decent actress but she was not given much to work with. The two moms thing made sense in context.

I feel sorry for the actors. I’m sure in the moment you hope that what you’re doing will turn out awesome on screen, but then to have to go watch the final product (and defend it in public) must suck.
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm gonna keep watching because I'm a dork, but this wasn't good.  Why are the Jedi so sloppy?  I'd root against the Jedi if there was someone else to root for.  This was bad.

Mama #2 looks like Light Maul

Edited by closetohumping

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Final dual with Vader was EPIC.  Next level shit.  Good thing Vader didn't distract Obi with throwing knives or it would have ended differently.....

You didn’t see the part where he kicked sand in obis face?  Wait that was karate kid

when Saul was running down screaming “osha! Mae!” I was like stfu you don’t care about Mae.   Couldn’t he have used the force to save them both?

Edited by closetohumping

16 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

With the exception of Rogue One, Star Wars has been pretty mid since Empire.

Man the last 4 episodes of Clone Wars season 7 is peak Star Wars. Not better than Empire or the OT but it can hang

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Animated stuff has been pretty fantastic overall. Have to like animated stuff though. Early Mando and Andor were great.

Good call. I forgot about Andor. 

Also, I'm old, so my Star Wars opinion is basically yelling at clouds.

• Hook 'Em 1

One of the funniest takes I saw: the message of the last episode was not to listen to your parents and just go along with any strangers who tell you what you want to hear. Go ahead and get in that van. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

One of the funniest takes I saw: the message of the last episode was not to listen to your parents and just go along with any strangers who tell you what you want to hear. Go ahead and get in that van. 

Did you see a different episode from me? She literally went and asked her mom for permission lol

3 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

The show sucks, but not because of wokeism and seeing idiots perform mental gymnastics to be offended by it almost makes it worth it. Snowflakes everywhere. 

Nobody on here is offended. We're laughing at this idiotic show and the idiots that made it. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

Nobody on here is offended. We're laughing at this idiotic show and the idiots that made it. 

Wasn’t talking about you or anyone on this thread(Iconos socks masculinity may be a little threatened), but now I think you are. 

Edited by Hank_Hill

10 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Wasn’t talking about you or anyone on this thread(Iconos socks masculinity may be a little threatened), but now I think you are. 

You probably think the massive aggy thread on the football board is full of people worried about the aggy juggernaut.

Ridicule is not fear or outrage.

• Hook 'Em 5

8 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Only if they have space candy and space puppies though 

2 hours ago, smuggs said:

To be fair, there were “spice creams” available for purchase.

Trivial thing that annoys me for sure, but I do find it eye-rolly when the new writers feel like they have to come up with things like spice cream. I can’t even really explain why. 

I do like that the new writers decided to give young children spice cream…

You know that drug that is mined and purified by slaves and smuggled from Kessel across the galaxy for crime lords.

But heh cool spice cream!

Although I could be like “you know when Spice Cream(coca cola) was first invented doctors actually put spice in it”.

• Haha 2

So I haven’t watched ep 3 yet but I’ve been unable to resist reading the comments on this thread.  

It sounds like those of you that watch ep 4 will be hate-watching it, no?  

On 6/12/2024 at 11:29 AM, dcar00 said:

I wouldn’t put Ahsoka in the same category as Andor. Not anywhere close.  Ahsoka was pretty meh. Andor was brilliant.  Boba Fett was not good until it became season 2.5 of the Mandalorian.  Season 3 of Mando disappointed. 

We haven’t started this show.  Doesn’t sound like we’re gonna.

• Hook 'Em 1