The Acolyte (Star Wars Disney+ show)

mdmost

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's most of the commentary about identity (mostly gender-related) shit starting from the first episode's release up until that last stupid fucking tweet. I left out usernames to avoid calling individuals out and peppered in are replies making fun of those easily offended by the existence of characters representing other groups of people.

Again, complain about the writing, the acting, the story, the dialogue, etc. I don't understand folks' obsession with this stuff, but pointing it out over and over again just shows how easily triggered many of you snowflakes are. If you can't leave your homophobic politics out of your commentary, shut the fuck up.

As I said before, my daughter is gay. If you're a parent of a kid who's different, you'll understand why this is a hill I'm willing to die on.

image.png.6caa3efd9c36c4be2277bc93f7fa7477.png

image.png.970d3849e686d7fa1ea293941a104536.png

image.png.30965c52cd9eda9166da6629eb8010e7.png

image.png.58a805db1e25cc915cd2b03b2e1f2ed4.png

image.png.cb2921cf18334546336d40eec57820c1.png

image.thumb.png.03db7d7e283cd3abb8f5acc26c103caf.png\image.thumb.png.2ad4f59ff9ba6a71afea754e9fe9f162.png

image.png.252ab66efd64b717ea083575959ebfb9.png

"At this point" The first time gay people are depicted in a Star Wars show is apparently too much for some.

image.png.678473097b4b0fb2e04dbb95a1562635.png

image.thumb.png.de899484ff852a525882c1e231717490.png

image.thumb.png.067d527ad7a8a37f0056ec3bd8cd6cb8.png

image.png.2a030c30b509e5d9eb75db122efcf916.png

image.thumb.png.ca451b42ddee3d49532dd0f05a058e74.png

God forbid, a short female. Remind me again how tall Yoda was. Also, note the use of "female" to emphasize her role is out of place.

image.thumb.png.566d8e81e845dccb05f0b467fcd343c0.png

Yup. Neg-bombed in the reviews by the public before it was released. 

image.thumb.png.804a762549ca3bae258f22148076b8a0.png

image.png.d4435058f278ae05ee6c4bb08fa38f22.png

image.png.d14e613104ef421340eefb9beaa4470b.png

image.png.2c212c87868ffd974eeca17a6946c2d4.png

image.png.fc2bf2124845bcaef9957cdb83324959.png

image.png.8c05c991a0380ca91308ffee25f5e47d.png

image.thumb.png.b55ca75be3e66eb554db8300dbf3c4ba.png

Lots of complaining about lesbians when I was told that wasn't a chief cause for complaints.

Oh, and one more.

image.png.6b2891ca8dbd716ffa23bc8df894044e.png

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

Christ already, just make a movie out of all the insane cutscenes out there like the ones with Starkiller

starkiller-the-force-unleashed.gifmain-qimg-bb32e3e4203a8bef65218665c7af2f68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

Literally just take the plots of both original KOTOR games word for word and slap it into a multi-season show and you'd instantly have one of the greatest shows (not just Star Wars) of all time.

I literally can't believe they still haven't leveraged the stories, characters, lore, and settings of that era into some kind of live action or even animated show.

By simple virtue of being completely free of the anchors that are the Skywalker bloodline, Palpatine, and whatever silly shit George Lucas wrote that we have to still pay homage to, the characters and storylines of that era are far more interesting than anything Disney has shat out besides maybe Andor.

And they OWN the fucking IP, there is a massive repository of characters and lore already written and waiting to be exploited in this way just sitting there essentially collecting cobwebs.

Pay Keanu Reeves to play Revan and it's over. Literally print money. Hire me, Disney, I'm a genius.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Literally just take the plots of both original KOTOR games word for word and slap it into a multi-season show and you'd instantly have one of the greatest shows (not just Star Wars) of all time.

I literally can't believe they still haven't leveraged the stories, characters, lore, and settings of that era into some kind of live action or even animated show.

By simple virtue of being completely free of the anchors that are the Skywalker bloodline, Palpatine, and whatever silly shit George Lucas wrote that we have to still pay homage to, the characters and storylines of that era are far more interesting than anything Disney has shat out besides maybe Andor.

And they OWN the fucking IP, there is a massive repository of characters and lore already written and waiting to be exploited in this way just sitting there essentially collecting cobwebs.

Pay Keanu Reeves to play Revan and it's over. Literally print money. Hire me, Disney, I'm a genius.

That was my exact gripe about the new HALO series.  They spent too much damn time on developing a character everyone already knows.  Get to the good stuff.  Leave the helmet on as the games did, and let's see John-117 be the character he was in the games.  

KOTOR could span a half dozen great franchise movies as LOTR did.  Or the Starkiller series.  Or Darth Malgus.  Or you want another 2-3 movies?  The Yuuzhan Vong war.  Emperor Vitiate?  

• Hook 'Em 1

And get the Andor directors.
  • Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I guess their writers can't figure out how to write it with all their strength?

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Seriously, Disney, this is how you do corrupt Jedi council:

"She has brought truth and you condemn it?  You will not harm her, you will not harm her ever again. As you would pass judgment on her, I have come to pass judgment on you all.

Do you wish to feel the teachings born of the Mandalorian Wars, of all wars, of all tragedies that scream across the galaxy? Let me show you.  You, who have forever seen the galaxy through the Force. See it through the eyes of the Exile."

Edited by JBJ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

Here's most of the commentary about identity (mostly gender-related) shit starting from the first episode's release up until that last stupid fucking tweet. I left out usernames to avoid calling individuals out.

As I said before, my daughter is gay. If you're a parent of a kid who's different, you'll understand why this is a hill I'm willing to die on.

image.png.6caa3efd9c36c4be2277bc93f7fa7477.png

image.png.970d3849e686d7fa1ea293941a104536.png

I am the second reply.  Because the person said the first white male was the monk, and I corrected it that actually the first appearance from my recollection were the two criminals.   You can see it as a nefarious statement all you want, but it simply is just a point of correction. 

My second point is that you keep glossing over things that fans accepted.   Snips is a beloved character because we watched her grow up.  Not because I was also a preteen non-human girl with horns, in a military order during an intragalactic war.      

----------------------------------------------------

Fake story: I was watching The 300 with my son the other day.  I wondered why he wasn't being represented on the screen.  Where is a pre-teen ASD ADHD child in this battle to maintain Greek Independence?   Where was my kid in this film?  Oh, they tossed him off a cliff in the beginning.   (I am really hoping no one thinks too hard about this one and just has a chuckle)

-----------------------------------------------------

Ultimately, when people see a bad product on the screen, they are going to start tearing it apart piece by piece.  They are going to find things that seem like there is a diversity quota (true or not) being pushed on an audience that doesn't want it or messages not so hidden within the story (true or not) and react to it.   The 'mothers' comment was known to get a reaction.  It worked.  Writers got what they wanted.  I don't give a fuck.  But when the Black woman was the lead and not the Zabrak, that was strange.  When those little off moments add up, it gives credence to the complainers about the diversity elements being shoehorned into a program as a primary or secondary focus.   Rogue One did it to see if they could get Chinese people to give a shit (they didn't), but they implemented it so much better as to not alienate their other fans.   

• Hook 'Em 6

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

I am the second reply.  Because the person said the first white male was the monk, and I corrected it that actually the first appearance from my recollection were the two criminals.   You can see it as a nefarious statement all you want, but it simply is just a point of correction. 

My second point is that you keep glossing over things that fans accepted.   Snips is a beloved character because we watched her grow up.  Not because I was also a preteen non-human girl with horns, in a military order during an intragalactic war.      

----------------------------------------------------

Fake story: I was watching The 300 with my son the other day.  I wondered why he wasn't being represented on the screen.  Where is a pre-teen ASD ADHD child in this battle to maintain Greek Independence?   Where was my kid in this film?  Oh, they tossed him off a cliff in the beginning.   (I am really hoping no one thinks too hard about this one and just has a chuckle)

-----------------------------------------------------

Ultimately, when people see a bad product on the screen, they are going to start tearing it apart piece by piece.  They are going to find things that seem like there is a diversity quota (true or not) being pushed on an audience that doesn't want it or messages not so hidden within the story (true or not) and react to it.   The 'mothers' comment was known to get a reaction.  It worked.  Writers got what they wanted.  I don't give a fuck.  But when the Black woman was the lead and not the Zabrak, that was strange.  When those little off moments add up, it gives credence to the complainers about the diversity elements being shoehorned into a program as a primary or secondary focus.   Rogue One did it to see if they could get Chinese people to give a shit (they didn't), but they implemented it so much better as to not alienate their other fans.   

I'm not sure if you were around the old site when Rogue One came out, but there was a lot of bitching in that thread about the Asian character.

As for your kid, mine also has a disability; she's deaf. I honestly can't recall a deaf character in any of the shows, either. But that's not the point I've been making. If you'll recall, last night's rant was in response to all the bitching about Disney's diversity "agenda" and mocking characters for being different.

My message is telling supposedly grown men to grow the fuck up. We live in a diverse country and world. And if there were alien life, I'm sure it'd be diverse as fuck, too. To expect some far, far away galaxy, which includes all sorts of life spread across an untold number of planets, to reflect the same demographics as a lily-white gated subdivision in Montgomery County where (to quote one Surly poster) "there are no gays" is the pinnacle of living in denial.

They're just pissed and scared about the world changing around them, with the big tell being that none has yet made a comment that two different species somehow (yet to be explained) managed to conceive twins. Instead, they focus on (GASP!) the fact that the two characters are lesbians. In other words, they're guilty of bringing their political and religious viewpoints into a thread discussing a fucking fantasy universe.

If they have such a problem with it, then I'd recommend they stop watching the show or refrain from discussing their politics/religion in this thread. They're behaving like a bunch of little shithead 4th graders on the playground, throwing rocks at that one kid who's a little different (I do hope your kid was never bullied like that, but I can tell you my daughter experienced a good bit of it when she was much younger). For grown-assed Texas men to mock lesbians or even to moan about their mere existence in a fictional story in this day and age is to go full aggy. It sounds like bitching about desegregation and women having the right to vote.

Finally, I don't know if the writers have anything specific in mind when it comes to explaining the twins' parentage or their conception (was it "immaculate," witchy magic, or some space version of IVF?). Hopefully, there will be a point to it. If not, then it's just shitty writing or maybe just simple pandering to a portion of their audience who had yet to have been represented in any Star Wars shows that I can recall.

59 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

It’s easier to claim bias/bigotry to excuse poor storytelling than to accept personal responsibility. 

Rouge One out front should have told you. 

Where have I or anyone else "excused poor storytelling" in this show? Everyone agrees that this show has had major problems aside from the uptight assholes who are absolutely acting like little bigots by making such a big deal about a couple of lesbians.

And WTF with the "personal responsibility" comment? For what exactly? The writing or raising a gay daughter?

Also, it's Rogue One, not Rouge One. I thought the misspelling issue had finally been resolved between all the bitching about an Asian character in the thread about that show on the old site, but I guess not.

28 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Where have I or anyone else "excused poor storytelling" in this show? Everyone agrees that this show has had major problems aside from the uptight assholes who are absolutely acting like little bigots by making such a big deal about a couple of lesbians.

And WTF with the "personal responsibility" comment? For what exactly? The writing or raising a gay daughter?

Also, it's Rogue One, not Rouge One. I thought the misspelling issue had finally been resolved between all the bitching about an Asian character in the thread about that show on the old site, but I guess not.

Wasn’t directed at you personally, and the responses/articles defending the show most definitely focus only on a loud minority bitching about agendas while ignoring the majority who simply think it’s shit. 

33 minutes ago, bolverk said:

And WTF with the "personal responsibility" comment? For what exactly?

Apparently we are the writers and we must accept responsibility for the storytelling being bad 

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Apparently we are the writers and we must accept responsibility for the storytelling being bad 

“Corporate/creator responsibility “  Better?

“It’s not that my series sucked, you suck” is standard their standard response. Those defending seem to take it personally 

2 hours ago, bolverk said:

I'm not sure if you were around the old site when Rogue One came out, but there was a lot of bitching in that thread about the Asian character.

As for your kid, mine also has a disability; she's deaf. I honestly can't recall a deaf character in any of the shows, either. But that's not the point I've been making. If you'll recall, last night's rant was in response to all the bitching about Disney's diversity "agenda" and mocking characters for being different.

My message is telling supposedly grown men to grow the fuck up. We live in a diverse country and world. And if there were alien life, I'm sure it'd be diverse as fuck, too. To expect some far, far away galaxy, which includes all sorts of life spread across an untold number of planets, to reflect the same demographics as a lily-white gated subdivision in Montgomery County where (to quote one Surly poster) "there are no gays" is the pinnacle of living in denial.

They're just pissed and scared about the world changing around them, with the big tell being that none has yet made a comment that two different species somehow (yet to be explained) managed to conceive twins. Instead, they focus on (GASP!) the fact that the two characters are lesbians. In other words, they're guilty of bringing their political and religious viewpoints into a thread discussing a fucking fantasy universe.

If they have such a problem with it, then I'd recommend they stop watching the show or refrain from discussing their politics/religion in this thread. They're behaving like a bunch of little shithead 4th graders on the playground, throwing rocks at that one kid who's a little different (I do hope your kid was never bullied like that, but I can tell you my daughter experienced a good bit of it when she was much younger). For grown-assed Texas men to mock lesbians or even to moan about their mere existence in a fictional story in this day and age is to go full aggy. It sounds like bitching about desegregation and women having the right to vote.

Finally, I don't know if the writers have anything specific in mind when it comes to explaining the twins' parentage or their conception (was it "immaculate," witchy magic, or some space version of IVF?). Hopefully, there will be a point to it. If not, then it's just shitty writing or maybe just simple pandering to a portion of their audience who had yet to have been represented in any Star Wars shows that I can recall.

You should watch The Boys with your daughter. One of the characters doesn't talk except in sign language. Not deaf, but kinda close. 

4 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

You should watch The Boys with your daughter. One of the characters doesn't talk except in sign language. Not deaf, but kinda close. 

Hey, thanks for the recommendation. Sincerely. My kid is off to college in New York, so we don't really get a chance to watch shows together too much nowadays. I do watch The Boys, but I'm not entirely sure she does. I'll ask her the next time we touch base over a Zoom call.

Hopefully, the following explanation isn't too annoying or tedious, but the sign language shown in The Boys doesn't appear to be an actual "sign language." It's certainly not American Sign Language, which has its own grammatical structure and vocabulary (specific signs for specific concepts). To me, what they portray as sign language looks mostly like generally vague gestures, but the character is Japanese, so I don't know if what's portrayed is actually "sign language" (most countries have their own twists, so a sign language in one country might be very different than another).

Rest assured, though, none of the above is a criticism of you at all. I didn't know any of this stuff either until I had a deaf kid.

One thing she has mentioned regarding supposedly deaf characters in films/shows is that she can always tell if the actors are actually deaf. According to her, there's a fluidity of hand movements (words) and facial expressions (punctuation) that convey the degree of fluency. In other words, she can easily detect when someone is faking it--even when a hearing actor is technically proficient in using the correct hand signs. I guess you could say that it's a little bit like accents.

Again, thanks for your suggestion. I have no doubts about your sincerity or that it comes from a good place. The Boys has been a fun satirical show that I've enjoyed over the past few years, and I'll see if she has any thoughts about Kimiko's signing.

15 hours ago, bolverk said:

Andor had lesbians. No one cared. I wonder why?

• Hook 'Em 2

22 hours ago, bolverk said:

If you're a parent of a kid you understand that when kids call eachother doodieheads it's not motivated by scatophobia nor do the kids have actual feces on their head but the insult is merely a lazy and convenient vector for communicating their dislike (for any of millions of reasons)?

You understand that the broad majority of audience also hate this show, many more than the ones using unsophisticated insults?

When you cherrypick the unpolitically correct opinions - whose thrust is to criticize the show for being shit - to rail against, despite the show actually being shit, you realize who's being the snowflake in this picture?

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

If you're a parent of a kid you understand that when kids call eachother doodieheads it's not motivated by scatophobia nor do the kids have actual feces on their head but the insult is merely a lazy and convenient vector for communicating their dislike (for any of millions of reasons)?

You understand that the broad majority of audience also hate this show, many more than the ones using unsophisticated insults?

When you cherrypick the unpolitically correct opinions - whose thrust is to criticize the show for being shit - to rail against, despite the show actually being shit, you realize who's being the snowflake in this picture?

Holy fuck I had to read this post 3 times to understand it clearly 

Show is shit. People using many ways to call it shit. Agree

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

Holy fuck I had to read this post 3 times to understand it clearly 

Show is shit. People using many ways to call it shit. Agree

Me think why save time using few words when many words do trick?

16 hours ago, bolverk said:

I think we tend to agree more than we disagree in general, and I have kind of held this name since LonghornFanZone days, but I was a late arrival to Rogue One, and I do not recall that thread.   I mostly do not talk about my family outside of the HISD/Education threads and try to share the story of the outright fuckery people are facing, in hopes of sharing experiences beyond letting HISD's PR department control the narrative.  To participants of that forum.  

I guess I don't understand who the show if for?  Maybe there is an audience for it, but I kind of feel like this is my local WNBA team, whoever they are.  I know that isn't a product for me.   If the goal is to get the LGBTQ community on board, I am not sure this helps because the coven was wiped out as soon as they were introduced.  Again, I think this is the easy target, because the product is really not that great.  I seriously heard a better magic chant from a Ducktails episode that I watched with my kids last night (end of season 1).   

I underlined those parts because they are a bit of a projection.  My neighbors are lesbians and they have 2 boys.  Our kids are friends.  There are mixed people in my neighborhood and a variety of professions and economic states.   I hate my local HISD school where my son is an ethnic minority not because of that reason, but because it is a shithole (2 page rage rant deleted).  So if I had a chance to be in the gated community that was lily-white, with cookie-cutter homes and kidney shaped pools, if the school system was functional than I would consider it.   

It is also a normal considiton for people to hate change.  People grow up, they formulate and develop their identity and we find comfort in the status quo.  That is why it is called out as a blind spot bias in some industries.   Maybe some of this is related to that.  Star Wars had released content that was geared to children before and to adults/teens.   I grew its fanbase based on that.  Maybe that is a bias that I have.  I liked Kenobi (it had issues, chase scene was awful, as was the gate) but give me CW Anikin and a Vader going Vader and I am in.    I really enjoyed the last season of CW (more than Andor).   I feel like this is Robert Palmer playing reggae when I paid to hear him sing his mid-late 80s stuff.  So maybe this is just my mistake for expecting it to be something that would interest me.  

-------------Back on topic--------------------

How did a Padawan (Torbin) get promoted to Master when all he did was meditate for 10 years?   

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

IIRC, In that show they stated that it is a sign language her brother and her created together.    I could be wrong.

On 6/17/2024 at 1:43 PM, Hank_Hill said:

Why does the story quality make diversity a problem or not? That’s the point. It’s a shitty show because of the things that make a show shitty (writing, acting, directing, set design)

Because when people start bitching about how bad it sucks, the big ol wooden diversity crutch gets thrown out there as the final line of defense.  "if you hate this show, you hate diversity" and other shit that you see online.  

No, we hate this show because it is absolute, utter shit.  Reminds me of this....

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

If you're a parent of a kid who got beat up for being gay by a piece of shit bully (a boy), you'd understand that name-calling can eventually lead to violence, which is why I will consistently call out bigoted homophobes.

I fully understand that not many, including myself, are unhappy with The Acolyte for many valid reasons. When you cherrypick the fact that two characters, who may never be seen again in this show after a single episode, are lesbians as one of your chief criticisms, it reveals what a fragile little snowflake you are.

• Hook 'Em 4

9 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Was mostly joking. I would never watch that show with my children. 

Reminds me of when I made the poor decision of watching "Poor Things" with my 30 year old daughter (yes there were pics on the old site).

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bolverk said:

If you're a parent of a kid who got beat up for being gay by a piece of shit bully (a boy), you'd understand that name-calling can eventually lead to violence, which is why I will consistently call out bigoted homophobes.

I fully understand that not many, including myself, are unhappy with The Acolyte for many valid reasons. When you cherrypick the fact that two characters, who may never be seen again in this show after a single episode, are lesbians as one of your chief criticisms, it reveals what a fragile little snowflake you are.

I am sorry that happened to you and your family.  FWIW, I taught my kids violence is the answer sometimes and worked with them on how to do it.   Sadly he used it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I am sorry that happened to you and your family.  FWIW, I taught my kids violence is the answer sometimes and worked with them on how to do it.   Sadly he used it. 

It was a rough stretch for my daughter. The ex-wife and I were going through a divorce, so she was already miserable. At the time, she was still trying to figure things out and was going through a phase when she had a boy's haircut and only wore boy clothes, but she didn't have a boy's strength. The bullying was so persistent, with repeated violence, that the family had to eventually pull him out after the school year ended. In the meantime, my daughter was in a terrible state and threatened suicide at school a couple of times.

You can't imagine the anguish you'd feel as a father to receive a call at work from the school to come pick up your daughter because she broke down and was threatening to kill herself with a pair of scissors during a 4th-grade art project or another time when she was at the top of some bleachers and was threatening to jump. We got her into therapy and she eventually got better, but I hope anyone who reads this can see why I treat this topic so seriously.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/17/2024 at 8:43 PM, Hank_Hill said:

Why does the story quality make diversity a problem or not?

Disingenuous way to spin his statement. He didn't say diversity is bad, but is excusable by a good story.

He said diversity doesn't matter, because people care about the story, as exemplified by Andor. That was in response to charges that people hate the show due to 'diversity'.

Everybody finds the show shitty. Some believe it's due to servicing of a cultural narratives (ie "pushing diversity") over quality storytelling. Some dont like that those are gimmicks or covers for poor storytelling.

Neither of those examples demonstrate bona fide contempt for "diversity" (or witches, or lesbos, or whathaveyous). The root cause is the story is shit, but its not very original to write "the story is shit".

You know this. Everybody knows this. Why do we pretend we dont understand basic social psychology here and play along with this motte and bailey bullshit pretending that everyone is a bigot.

Edited by 52-80
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Look, I don't give a shit about women romancing each other or everyone being a representative of some minority group, but a fat Jedi is just a bridge too far.  Even worse is he was British and appeared to have normal teeth. 

• Haha 6

Posted (edited)

I think why this show seems so awful is that it feels like it was written for pre-teen adolescents. More bad acting and stilted dialogue.

Guess they want us to believe Mae's goofy and incompetent smuggler sidekick is the Sith baddie, but that's too obvious and is probably just a red herring. 

Edited by bolverk

I guess you could say there were a couple of important character moments but the show hasn’t done a good enough job for me to care about any of characters, so this episode feels meh at best. Neat last 30 seconds tho. 

8 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I think why this show seems so awful is that it feels like it was written for pre-teen adolescents. More bad acting and stilted dialogue.

Guess they want us to believe Mae's goofy and incompetent smuggler sidekick is the Sith baddie, but that's too obvious and is probably just a red herring. 

It’s going to be him and we’re all gonna be like this

No Way Reaction GIF by Originals

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Levi said:

I guess you could say there were a couple of important character moments but the show hasn’t done a good enough job for me to care about any of characters, so this episode feels meh at best. Neat last 30 seconds tho. 

I'm guessing you're talking about the herky-jerky character "development"

Spoiler

Like the moment when Mae has the sudden change of heart and now wants to turn herself in. "Finding Osha changes everything! Now, I'm good."

And the other being when Osha announces, "I can feel shit now. I just knew those bumps on the trees weren't really bumps on trees." Yeah, no shit, Osha. We all could see that.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bolverk said:

this thread is too much of a beating to go back and find it, but I am about 99% positive someone called this 2 weeks ago when the goofy fuck was first introduced

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Like 1

Ok so spoiler time

Wtf…

Last episode we basically learned that force immaculate conceptions were more frequent than just “the chosen one”

This week we learn that the Jedi will have had extensive interaction with a sith despite Ki Adi Mundi saying that there haven’t been Sith in a millennia… so 8 Jedi and a rodent tracker will have kept their mouth shut about a direct attack?!?

Still 6 more episodes I guess but man this writing seems just bad…

And yet Sol is so good as this anguished Jedi Master that we obviously know has had a hand in the coven slaughter.

And yeah Qirim is either the biggest red herring or poorest effort ti hide in plain sight sith.

I mean maybe we’ll learn he isn’t sith and he’s actually just a dissenting sect of former Jedi like Lutherans to the Jesuit Order…

Posted (edited)

also a bit of a rant time. 

Spoiler

Lucas spent years building up the Jedi's "self preservation spidey sense", fully fledged Knights are supposed to be able to easily detect danger, especially their own personal peril type dangers.

For the most part, we the viewer only see the jedi die when certain events happen; 

they are: distracted, protecting innocents, betrayed, self sacrifice in the face of overwhelming odds, and occasionally are inferior fighters.

NONE of that can explain how the fuck a retired Jedi Master who is hanging out in the relative safety of his own home,  yet somehow manages to get snuck up on in that home with what looks like single way in or out and is cut basically in two without him being unable to even get up from his own chair nor giving any resistance??????????

at the very least, even if he was surprised he should have been dead on the fucking floor, not the chair that he was eating in

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

Ok so spoiler time

Hide contents

Wtf…

Last episode we basically learned that force immaculate conceptions were more frequent than just “the chosen one”

This week we learn that the Jedi will have had extensive interaction with a sith despite Ki Adi Mundi saying that there haven’t been Sith in a millennia… so 8 Jedi and a rodent tracker will have kept their mouth shut about a direct attack?!?

And yet Sol is so good as this anguished Jedi Master that we obviously know has had a hand in the coven slaughter.

And yeah Qirim is either the biggest red herring or poorest effort ti hide in plain sight sith.

I mean maybe we’ll learn he isn’t sith and he’s actually just a dissenting sect of former Jedi like Lutherans to the Jesuit Order…

It’s 8 episodes. Thats a lot to pack in. Also, we can’t forget about what Maul said to Papls in episode 1: “At last we will reveal ourselves to Jedi, at last we will have our revenge.” So this series is putting both the Jedi and Sith in a conundrum from what we learned in TPM. 

14 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

Ok so spoiler time

Reveal hidden contents

Wtf…

not replying in a spoiler response because at least through the "Legacy" book series cannon (the series that started with the introduction of Admiral Thrawn back in 1991)

that series set the rules on the use of red sabres and the reason that, except for a very short time of use, they would always have to be wielded by a sith due to the dark side properties needed to make and use the red crystal 

just putting that out there for no reason at all