The Acolyte (Star Wars Disney+ show)

mdmost

I like that we got yet another moth attack. There haven’t been enough moth attacks in this series, imo.

I like that for 2 episodes they made a big deal about rhe ROUS moths attack light sources…

And then a single ROUS moth decides to attack a not light source so that baldy can lazer whip it right after we have seen Qimir’s scars. Maybe they aren’t ROUS but actually Inquistor Moths helping Qimir.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

It’s a Jedi thing to be devoid of emotion right?  Like sol jus t leaving 7 dead Jedi there and baldy with the rack not reacting at all when seeing the bodies

Except Sol lost control of his emotions twice now.  When he could have (should have) killed Qimir and back on the ship.  

Vernestra was def like "i don't care" 

So, the best thing about this series is

Spoiler

the sales pitch for the Dark Side that Qimir gives to Osha. All that stuff we've heard about it until now... about it being easier, more seductive, grounded in powerful (often but not always negative) emotions... Qimir shows why he chose it. It wasn't a heat of the moment thing, but a conscious decision, like the kind of decision a kid makes to join a gang.

The second-best thing is

Spoiler

His island cliff hideout actually has railings, thus preventing an Osha violation

thank you, I'll be here all week

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

last 2 episodes were better but still underwhelming.  This Episode was a C and fell flat. To me, being the series was supposed to dig into the dark side, I expected it to be a little harsher, violent and darker. 

Instead I got more of a PG version, maybe PG-13. 

2 episodes to go. let's see how they land this craptastic series.

Oh and the little sniffer guy is dumb as fuck

3 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

I expected it to be a little harsher, violent and darker. 

Bro, we got a triple quick stab of a kid and a neck snap, not to mention the slaughter of about 7 red shirt Jedis. When we get the reveal of what happened with the coven, I'd imagine the carnage count is about to go a lot higher. 

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

Except Sol lost control of his emotions twice now.  When he could have (should have) killed Qimir and back on the ship.  

Vernestra was def like "i don't care" 

Not really. He dropped his saber when Mae was held hostage.  That’s not losing control that’s being stupid

i don’t think this show is kid friendly either

Edited by closetohumping

8 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Somebody mentioned that this isn't so much a TV show as a single movie that's being released in bits. I fell behind and watched the last two episodes back to back, and it worked better that way.

These 33ish min episodes ain’t cutting it. Not 7 weeks in a row. Disney is failing everyone with weekly releases; there’s no flow, there’s nothing making me excited for next week. 

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

These 33ish min episodes ain’t cutting it. Not 7 weeks in a row. Disney is failing everyone with weekly releases; there’s no flow, there’s nothing making me excited for next week. 

Well, yeah, because (like the random redditor said) this isn't really a TV series, it's a movie they broke up into 33 minute chunks.

I'm gonna wait until the rest of the series is out, then finish it.

I’ll say something nice: it got kind of interesting when Sol stunned Mae. I started to wonder if he’s a bad guy and I’m curious what he’s going to tell her.

It’s still pretty bad but I was at least a little intrigued. Darth Gimp is still terrible. Like an actually bad actor. I kept thinking of ways he could have delivered his lines better. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, closetohumping said:

It’s a Jedi thing to be devoid of emotion right?  Like sol jus t leaving 7 dead Jedi there and baldy with the rack not reacting at all when seeing the bodies

Your rack seeking abilities are incredible. 
im assuming you mean the whip wielding master Jedi ? 

not sure how you can see with all them robes. 

I must learn this power 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Bro, we got a triple quick stab of a kid and a neck snap, not to mention the slaughter of about 7 red shirt Jedis. When we get the reveal of what happened with the coven, I'd imagine the carnage count is about to go a lot higher. 

Bro , we also got a supposedly cute cuddly "sniffer, the parent trap twins, witches counting like count Dracula and more after school special acting and dialogue to make elementary kids blush. 

I get it was going for "edgy" (for Disney), but damn it could have been so much more 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

Bro , we also got a supposedly cute cuddly "sniffer, the parent trap twins, witches counting like count Dracula and more after school special acting and dialogue to make elementary kids blush. 

I get it was going for "edgy" (for Disney), but damn it could have been so much more 

You wanted more Andor. This was never going to be Andor. 

Just now, mdmost said:

You wanted more Andor. This was never going to be Andor. 

that's fair 

In all seriousness, I know it can work because tales of the empire (which is a cartoon), carried it a hell of a lot better than this series. It just had a darker tone. 

Let's see how the last 2 episodes go.

2 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I’ll say something nice: it got kind of interesting when Sol stunned Mae. I started to wonder if he’s a bad guy and I’m curious what he’s going to tell her.

It’s still pretty bad but I was at least a little intrigued. Darth Gimp is still terrible. Like an actually bad actor. I kept thinking of ways he could have delivered his lines better. 

Thought that too but I’m guessing sol wants to find osha and take out young buck

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/3/2024 at 4:32 PM, nineliveslost said:

last 2 episodes were better but still underwhelming.  This Episode was a C and fell flat. To me, being the series was supposed to dig into the dark side, I expected it to be a little harsher, violent and darker. 

Instead I got more of a PG version, maybe PG-13. 

2 episodes to go. let's see how they land this craptastic series.

Oh and the little sniffer guy is dumb as fuck

Last 2? Did you miss the ep with all the fights and reveal?

On 7/3/2024 at 4:56 PM, Buzzrock said:

agreed with all this. some of it is the dialogue but darth gimp is just not a good actor.  It's like someone said act like haydensen in PT.