2024 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Who’s a JAG now?

sith_horn

2 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

My beautiful friends,

I am officially announcing that @immamac will auction off my sacred, signed Quinn Ewers football to raise money for Surly Horns NIL initiatives.

Quinn-Ball-2.jpg

As some of you know, he signed it for me two weeks ago. I purchased is a new Wilson college football for this sacred act. 

This will help Surly be able to support Texas athletics. 

We will announce the details later, when we figure out how this will work.

Happy Fourth of July Weekend!!!

IMG-5892-B.jpg

IMG-5897-B.jpg

You have 15 of those, don't you? That's why you don't mind auctioning "one" off. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

You have 15 of those, don't you? That's why you don't mind auctioning "one" off. 

I wish I had 15, haha, but it would have been rude to ask Quinn to sign more than just a few. I just have the two you see in the shot above. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

I wish I had 15, haha, but it would have been rude to ask Quinn to sign more than just a few. I just have the two you see in the shot above. 

That's dope that you have the connections you do. Even if the other ne'er-do-wells don't envy you, they do. 

• Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

He does? What is that based on? 

Time. He's had a full year in the program, and he would have been WR1 but for all the transfers. 

People forget that Cook came in as a Dude last year.  He had to learn some humility to sit behind so much graduating talent as a freshman.  I think he will be rewarded for that and that he and will be named starters for the beginning of the season, and that Bond is penciled in for one of the other starter spots.  The fight for the last spot and the first spot off the bench will probably be between Golden, Bolden, Moore, and Wingo.  Anything can change in fall practice, but that's my guess now.    

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bejezuz said:

Time. He's had a full year in the program, and he would have been WR1 but for all the transfers. 

People forget that Cook came in as a Dude last year.  He had to learn some humility to sit behind so much graduating talent as a freshman.  I think he will be rewarded for that and that he and will be named starters for the beginning of the season, and that Bond is penciled in for one of the other starter spots.  The fight for the last spot and the first spot off the bench will probably be between Golden, Bolden, Moore, and Wingo.  Anything can change in fall practice, but that's my guess now.    

I would even pencil in Moore as a potential starter for the same reason as Cook- he's been through 2 full spring practices, he's a hard worker, smart, great hands. He won't go down without a fight. 

I really hope Sark does more rotation with the receivers than he has in the past. I mean if one of them gets on a hot streak catching everything in their radius you don't pull them, but we have too much talent at WR to have guys spectating on the sidelines while the 3 starters are gassed.
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

You’re making a lot of assumptions for all parties involved. Didn’t know you were an expert on Cook’s study habits

You're right. We should probably assume he fucks off, doesn't study, isn't motivated, and will let younger players take his spot. Feel better?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s going to be Bond, Cook, and Moore with Bolden and Golden mixed in heavily.  The question is… who is losing their spot to Ryan Wingo because there isn’t a WR on campus as talented as him.  Bobby mentioned in a live video that an agent told him that Wingo is basically the man in summer workouts. 

16 minutes ago, victory88 said:

It’s going to be Bond, Cook, and Moore with Bolden and Golden mixed in heavily.

Bolden and Golden have done it at the college level. Last season they combined for 92 catches for 1150 yards and 13 TDs. Moore has yet to catch a pass in college, I don't think.

So I'm gonna have to see it first before slotting him in ahead of them.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 7/5/2024 at 7:40 PM, TreatyOak said:

My beautiful friends,

I am officially announcing that @immamac will auction off my sacred, signed Quinn Ewers football to raise money for Surly Horns NIL initiatives.

Quinn-Ball-2.jpg

As some of you know, he signed it for me two weeks ago. I purchased is a new Wilson college football for this sacred act. 

This will help Surly be able to support Texas athletics. 

We will announce the details later, when we figure out how this will work.

Happy Fourth of July Weekend!!!

IMG-5892-B.jpg

IMG-5897-B.jpg

So you're selling your balls ? 

Dax Shepard Money GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

It’s going to be Bond, Cook, and Moore with Bolden and Golden mixed in heavily.  The question is… who is losing their spot to Ryan Wingo because there isn’t a WR on campus as talented as him.  Bobby mentioned in a live video that an agent told him that Wingo is basically the man in summer workouts. 
I know this is something coaches will never admit to doing, at least not publicly...but Sark really needs to get Wingo on the field enough to keep him engaged and not even thinking about the portal. Sure that may kinda suck for the one year guys who were lured in with playing time, but they are rentals and Wingo still has 4 years. (Theoretically)

Talent and potential wise Sark has two full sets of receivers who are starter quality, and that's why I hope he rotates them more than he's done in the past. This is where having the HC also being the OC is a disadvantage, but Chris Jackson could have the job of receiver rotation..and Sark could veto if he wants.

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Bolden and Golden have done it at the college level. Last season they combined for 92 catches for 1150 yards and 13 TDs. Moore has yet to catch a pass in college, I don't think.

So I'm gonna have to see it first before slotting him in ahead of them.

Bolden has.  Golden was the 3rd option on the Houston team last year…. If that’s is proving it on a college level then you’re setting the bar quite low.  Cook and Moore could have those same stats at a program like Houston if they got snaps.  Both dudes were blue chip WRs and both are good.  Their lack of snaps isn’t an indicator of their talent considering there were 3 NFL WRs ahead of them.  I imagine we’re going to see Golden in there on critical downs where we need a reliable WR like we saw  JWhit as Sark has alluded to that in one of his more recent interviews.  Bolden is 5’8 and 165 lbs.  I’m not sure that’s what you want starting against SEC corners on an every down level.  I imagine Sark is going to have “explosive play” packages for him and he will get 5-10 targets a game whether that’s in the run game like Keilan or as a WR.  Also, from a roster management standpoint, Bolden is going to be out of eligibility this year so it’s not like we have to worry about him transferring out if he doesn’t get a starting title.   If anyone is going to take one of the starting spots, it’s going to be Wingo.  Personally, I bet he’s starting before ou.  

We seem to have more good-to-great receivers than any of our opponents have good-to-great dbacks. That leads me to look for more rotation of our men than the dbs will be able to deal with. If the OL provides time for Ewers/Manning, there should be ridiculous numbers of deep shots available. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just to put the shitty week into perspective, I looked at Texas last year.. 

Texas brought in 47-49 kids for official visits and signed 22. 

The following players were committed to other schools (or on the verge of committing to other schools) at this time

Simmons LSU 

Filsame - Florida

Mack -Florida.

Butler -  Colorado.

TyAnthony Smith - A&M.

Missed on notable players like Micah Hudson, Wesco, Ryner Swanson, Daniel Calhoun, Michael Uini, Makia Saina, Jordan Ross, McKinley, Jonan Ajonye, Jayden Jackson, Faga, Hibbler, Lindsey, Gipson, Justin Williams

So despite all the bad news, Texas is not far from where they were last year. Hopefully, Sark finishes like he did last year. 

damn it, wrong thread

Edited by Codaxx

6 hours ago, Codaxx said:

Just to put the shitty week into perspective, I looked at Texas last year.. 

Texas brought in 47-49 kids for official visits and signed 22. 

The following players were committed to other schools (or on the verge of committing to other schools) at this time

Simmons LSU 

Filsame - Florida

Mack -Florida.

Butler -  Colorado.

TyAnthony Smith - A&M.

Missed on notable players like Micah Hudson, Wesco, Ryner Swanson, Daniel Calhoun, Michael Uini, Makia Saina, Jordan Ross, McKinley, Jonan Ajonye, Jayden Jackson, Faga, Hibbler, Lindsey, Gipson, Justin Williams

So despite all the bad news, Texas is notfar from where they were last year. Hopefully, Sark finishes like he did last year. 

damn it,wrong threa

Check the thread, bud

Blackwell looks bigger. I'm amazed that kayak can float under Cruz.

Looks like Danny boy put on a few pounds, hope he gets a little experience snapping the ball this season.

Seeing stuff like this makes me miss having a real summer break

On 7/7/2024 at 9:52 AM, ousux said:

I know this is something coaches will never admit to doing, at least not publicly...but Sark really needs to get Wingo on the field enough to keep him engaged and not even thinking about the portal. Sure that may kinda suck for the one year guys who were lured in with playing time, but they are rentals and Wingo still has 4 years. (Theoretically)

Talent and potential wise Sark has two full sets of receivers who are starter quality, and that's why I hope he rotates them more than he's done in the past. This is where having the HC also being the OC is a disadvantage, but Chris Jackson could have the job of receiver rotation..and Sark could veto if he wants.

Sark has already stated publicly that he wants more of a rotation at receiver this year. Going from a 3 to a 6 man rotation would be just about right. He can run a hell of a lot more deep routes since he can platoon in a whole new group of guys. Wingo is probably going to be at minimum splitting reps by end of year, but these things also tend to work themselves out via injuries throughout the year. 

• Like 1

The OnTexas guys have started to champion Ryan Wingo & Jaylon Guilbeau as two obvious off-season standouts. It’ll be interesting how they factor into rotations. Jaylon’s been that guy since his freshmen year though, Gary was adamant at starting him at nickel. He looked a step too slow to me back then, I’m curious how he’s developed after the knee injury.

“I’m gonna alleviate some of your concerns because I know you’ve got seven wideouts that all can play,” Saban told Sarkisian. “I know you’ve got three quarterbacks that all can play. Baxter was the best running back I saw of any team, aight, so you’re gonna be able to run the ball.

“If you can run it, you can always do better in the red zone. I’m just gonna do a little coaching clinic here just in case.”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2