Texas Basketball 2024-25

Well, hearing him reference Kevin Durant a couple of times when talking about Tre Johnson certainly will help the hype train.

I know we've had plenty of 5-stars before but I think the skillset Johnson has is special for a freshman. This isn't just an athletic freak who is a 5-star because of testing numbers. 

247 Injury update on Texas freshman Nic Codie

Nic Codie's senior season of high school ended before the Texas high school playoffs because of a knee injury. Rodney Terry said the Longhorns are going to be careful bringing their 6-foot-9-inch signee back to the court.

While there are still eight weeks until the Texas men's basketball team tips off the 2024-25 season in Las Vegas against Ohio State, Longhorns' coach Rodney Terry and the coaching staff have been hard at work to make sure a new-look roster is ready to go.

True freshman Nic Codie will be a part of that mix at some point. Codie suffered a knee injury in mid-February, just before the start of Carrollton Newman Smith's playoff run.

The 247Sports four-star signee (No. 81 overall, No. 13 power forward) is with the team. There is still work/recovery to be done before he's ready to take the floor with the Longhorns.

"We're going to be real cautious with Nic," Terry said of the 6-foot-9-inch, 200-pound Codie. "He has a high ceiling of being a really good player in the future. 

"He doesn't have a great basketball frame because he's a guy that was one of those late bloomers. His best basketball is way ahead of him. He didn't do anything with us this summer. It'll probably be a good portion of the early part of the fall before he has really hard contact. We don't want to rush him. We're going to move really slow with him." — ERIC HENRY

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

i’d like to see the highlight reel that a lineup of kerwin roach, weaver, kai jones, jaxson hayes, and jericho sims could put together. here’s to weaver being the first one of these guys to realize his potential.

• Hook 'Em 3

54 minutes ago, Derka said:

i’d like to see the highlight reel that a lineup of kerwin roach, weaver, kai jones, jaxson hayes, and jericho sims could put together. here’s to weaver being the first one of these guys to realize his potential.

Believe you might be right. The heart, attitude and athleticism are all there.

• Hook 'Em 1

SEC is going to be a fun change of pace. it’s still gonna be a really good basketball conference, just without all of the trips to the frozen prairie tundra in the dead of winter. you add in rivalries with a&m and arkansas (and ou), plus beard and barnes coaching rival teams, kentucky on the schedule…yeah. i loved the grind of the big xii for what it was, but this is going to be fun. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Saw somebody discussing this Texas team on a podcast and he said the roster makeup reminds him a lot of past Houston teams. 

A bunch of really long, athletic guards that can create problems on both ends. 

On 8/12/2024 at 7:40 PM, Derka said:

this reminds me of a kelvin sampson, bob huggins, rick barnes roster. i hope we play with the attitude and intensity of those teams. i truly miss having an identity. 

^^^

• Hook 'Em 3

33 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Spoke with a family member of Dylan Disu. Says Aiden who is a senior in high school is much better. Aiden is only 6'7" but Dylan grew his freshman year in college so it is pretty likely that Aiden will do the same. I got the feeling that we aren't pushing hard enough.

We haven't even offered unless I missed something. 

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

We haven't even offered unless I missed something. 

Probably not as he isn't ranked real high. I assume Dylan wasn't either as he was only 6'5" in high school. But Dylan grew 4" between his senior year in high school and his sophomore year in college. So, it would surprise me if Aiden didn't do the same.

On 9/10/2024 at 6:36 PM, Pancho said:

How fun will it be when Mississippi is ahead of Texas in the standings will be what I’m curious to see…

Don't worry. I don't think there's anyone here who would hammer home his opinion that Chris Beard > Rodney Terry again and again and again...

On 9/10/2024 at 7:58 PM, HookEm said:

F Chris Beard. F Ole Miss.

Amen

• Fuck You 5

21 hours ago, Bevo said:

Spoke with a family member of Dylan Disu. Says Aiden who is a senior in high school is much better. Aiden is only 6'7" but Dylan grew his freshman year in college so it is pretty likely that Aiden will do the same. I got the feeling that we aren't pushing hard enough.

Translation:  the money is not good enough yet. 

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:
3 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

Don't worry. I don't think there's anyone here who would hammer home his opinion that Chris Beard > Rodney Terry again and again and again...

It’s almost like some people are actually rooting for that to happen

If someone told me there were two more passive-aggressive pussies on this board than the two of you, I wouldn't believe it.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

18 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

Amen

Do not start this shit again here.

Edit: down vote me all you want, but this already devolved into a shit show once. Be mature and control your side of things. We'll expect the same for Derka. But don't make passive aggressive shots like this. 

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1